Posted: 11 years ago
Dressed in 9 yards and a bright golden hue the vision of a young Gauri waiting for her beau.As everyone called for her sacrifice  the will to fight of the fiesty bride started to die a slow death...To save a life barter another said without discriminaion one and all except a foster mother who stood tall .. the equation was easy to understand.. to kill your heart and soul is not death ...it is just being lifeless...

Why is SHE singled to bear the lofty ideal of keeping it all together as she comes apart?
Why is  SHE  coveted to be conquered yet despised to be shattered into million pieces?
Why? Why? The questions demand answers but  fail to scale the strong four wall of the house she once called her sanctuary...😳
Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Koel, 

You raised some very poignant points. It is very easy for us to become judgemental and come out with an elaborate list enumerating how a woman could have asserted herself. But then all that remains only a lip service in a traditionally patriarchal society. The male interest is cleverly camouflaged as the family's honour. Gauri became the sacrificial lamb.As so do many girls in South Asia. Sad.

I have an honest confession to make. I have this horrible habit of laughing at the most stupidest of jokes. So I dutifully cracked up when Asawari addressed Gauri as Yamli, Pagli, Deewani...

Even though the Cvs may not have intended so but there is wonderful transformation in the portrayal of Appa Saheb.

He used to be once an awe inspiring figure, instilling fear in the hearts of his opponents by a mere sneer and now look at what Garv has done to him. He stands as a figure of ridicule evoking disgust and contempt in all. He has made a fool of himself, literally and figuratively. By confiding about his evil plans to Asawari, he has made himself an object of her disdain too.

I want a loving and sweet Mommy for Garv. Enough of vicious vahenis and sobbing saases.
Ur post πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

Points to ponder :

1. I loved ashwini... She was good... At least she declared to gauri she will support her decision..

2. Prateeksha I'm πŸ˜² Why is she like that... Follow ur heart she says n emotionally blackmailing  πŸ˜² If at all the raaz abt gauri s dad is known to prateeksha why would she wanna gamble her gauri life for appa saheb  ...mayb in Telly soaps daughter in law no matter how bad they sacrifice... My question is if she wants to sacrifice, do it with her not with gauri... She did say u will be leading a happy married life πŸ˜² To gauri ... She dun even know who is garv... I mean only met him few times n recent meeting she hates his sight... How will she be happy.l. Both Sid n garv are total opposite... 

3. Gauri-😲 she was defending her love n Sid n then gosh what happen πŸ˜² Marriage is not a game  By she agreed finally 

4. Ajji saheb she's proven that appa saheb is most important to her... The only thing abt her she said garv is a nice guyπŸ˜†  What the... Enemy becomes nice guy... What happen when appa told that garv was behind the shooting... Is Bhosle blind n deaf... I fail to understand how a person who was one accused of shooting gauri becomes a nice guy now just because the family honor to be saved

5. Garv he was waiting patiently was gauriπŸ˜† what the... I still fail to understand why he wanna marry gauri... Cv can u enlighten me on this...πŸ˜†

6. Asavri n appa saheb is really too much... I say all members of Bhosle are selfish πŸ˜† All have their agenda N being selfish...

7. Cv can we not have all standing like a statue πŸ˜†

8. I'm angry with atto Ajji too... Finally she ask think twice but once did she voice out that it's not right doing all this...😑

9. The only thing soothing to my eyes in the pi was garv... He was hot... But he did nothing standing n waiting πŸ˜† Action garv action garv πŸ˜†
10. I'm becoming lifeless watching this silence πŸ˜†
Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
[QUOTE=riyya6]
Ur post πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

Points to ponder :

1. I loved ashwini... She was good... At least she declared to gauri she will support her decision..

2. Prateeksha I'm πŸ˜² Why is she like that... Follow ur heart she says n emotionally blackmailing  πŸ˜² If at all the raaz abt gauri s dad is known to prateeksha why would she wanna gamble her gauri life for appa saheb  ...mayb in Telly soaps daughter in law no matter how bad they sacrifice... My question is if she wants to sacrifice, do it with her not with gauri... She did say u will be leading a happy married life πŸ˜² To gauri 

3. Gauri-😲 she was defending her love n Sid n then gosh what happen πŸ˜² Marriage is not a game  By she agreed finally 

4. Ajji saheb she's proven that appa saheb is most important to her... The only thing abt her she said garv is a nice guyπŸ˜†  What the... Enemy becomes nice guy... What happen when appa told that garv was behind the shooting... Is Bhosle blind n deaf... I fail to understand how a person who was one accused of shooting gauri becomes a nice guy now just because the family honor to be saved

5. Garv he was waiting patiently was gauriπŸ˜† what the... I still fail to understand why he wanna marry gauri... Cv can u enlighten me on this...πŸ˜†

6. Asavri n appa saheb is really too much... I say all members of Bhosle are selfish πŸ˜† All have their agenda N being selfish...

8. I'm angry with atto Ajji too... Finally she ask think twice but once did she voice out that it's not right doing all this...😑

9. The only thing soothing to my eyes in the pi was garv... He was hot... But he did nothing standing n waiting πŸ˜† Action garv action garv πŸ˜†

Garv wanted to get married to Gauri as she is a Bhonsle (Shivangi is not) and marriage will make him a part of Bhonsle parivaar. Even if they hate him, he cannot be just wished away now. 

Prateeksha is kind of dumb otherwise why would she remain in hiding for twenty years. 

You want action, so soon? Is Gauri ready?πŸ˜²πŸ˜†
Edited by Mili27 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Mili27

I think we are ahead for some action... πŸ˜† I guess gauri has prepared herself b4 saying yes... Garv is gonna be in a problem 2 coz of gauri Bhosle... Mili I wanna sweet mom for garv 2... Enough of all this evil residents... 😳  Neway my heart goes to gauri... She's being manipulated just Bcoz she's a Bhosle n most important a girl...Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago

Koel, 

You raised some very poignant points. It is very easy for us to become judgemental and come out with an elaborate list enumerating how a woman could have asserted herself. But then all that remains only a lip service in a traditionally patriarchal society. The male interest is cleverly camouflaged as the family's honour. Gauri became the sacrificial lamb.As so do many girls in South Asia. Sad.

I have an honest confession to make. I have this horrible habit of laughing at the most stupidest of jokes. So I dutifully cracked up when Asawari addressed Gauri as Yamli, Pagli, Deewani...

Even though the Cvs may not have intended so but there is wonderful transformation in the portrayal of Appa Saheb.

He used to be once an awe inspiring figure, instilling fear in the hearts of his opponents by a mere sneer and now look at what Garv has done to him. He stands as a figure of ridicule evoking disgust and contempt in all. He has made a fool of himself, literally and figuratively. By confiding about his evil plans to Asawari, he has made himself an object of her disdain too.

I want a loving and sweet Mommy for Garv. Enough of vicious vahenis and sobbing saases.
Mili fab points as usual.Sad but true woman is the epitome of adjustability and sacrifice.She can change from the nine yards to wearing haute couture but the basic diktat for her remains the same. You know what I feels sad about is when the fairer sex is praised as the perfect woman who balances the home and the outside world in ads,articles etc.,Why don't  we see something about how imperfect men can turn perfect and bring balance between the home and beyond?...For me we still have not moved much from where my grand mother stood years ago...😳 I envy u r ability to be amused by Asavri...I am so overfed with her that the voice is just a monotonous drone.I eagerly wait for the other character's to utter syllables... Such is my state that Nandita 's voice is music to my ears...The voice that manages to reach me beyond the layers of makeup and gaudy dress code.πŸ˜›

Villains can have various  shades from ruthless to the toothless variety so I say and justify myself and get back to viewing. 
Pyara sasural of the laughter variety awaits us so your wish seems to be on the tathastu mode.πŸ˜†
Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by sunshine99

Post cannot be quoted.

Koel a very poignantly written post which reflects feelings of a show which was never meant to be. I now understand we have to much expectations. The Why was partly answered so weirdly by the CV through an article in TC.

Garv was a obsessed love of Gauri😑 and I just want to know since when.

Okay I did not like the episode yesterday and this my own opinion and I dont expect people to agree to whatever i say. This is because no two people are the same.

I think the dialogue writer has to be changed for I never saw such disgusting and ugly dialogues in any show.

The little said about the episode of two mothers, AS and Asavari the better.

Anu

Koel, 

Milli, 

You did write a fantastic post. You have put it very truly both AS and Asavari are reduced to mere caricatures. Now if Manit has put in his papers then what is left of the show

Anu
Originally posted by riyya6

Ur post πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—

Points to ponder :

2. Prateeksha I'm πŸ˜² Why is she like that... Follow ur heart she says n emotionally blackmailing  πŸ˜² If at all the raaz abt gauri s dad is known to prateeksha why would she wanna gamble her gauri life for appa saheb  ...mayb in Telly soaps daughter in law no matter how bad they sacrifice... My question is if she wants to sacrifice, do it with her not with gauri... She did say u will be leading a happy married life πŸ˜² To gauri ... She dun even know who is garv... I mean only met him few times n recent meeting she hates his sight... How will she be happy.l. Both Sid n garv are total opposite... 

Riyya,

Brilliant points and there is no point is raking up these points. This I think is the death nell for the show for me.

Anu
My personal opinion they should end the show...😳 I dun see anything that can save the show now... They have turned it into joke... 

Sad but true trp is the reason the show has turned into something like this... I'm sure there's a pressure from channel n now the show is just no meaning at all... Villain turn comedian... πŸ˜‘ Hero standing... Heroin crying... Statues everywhere... πŸ˜†

I miss ... Ji n ... Ji... πŸ˜³ Nothing comes close ...😭