Page 1 of 12

Page 1
Page   of 12
Page 2 Page 12

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

Dancing DancingDancingHello guys...DancingDancingDancing

Welcome to another special thread for for for??????????????...k...read below..

This thread is TWO IN ONE thread...yup...its VALENTINE'S DAY thread and one normal thread too...                                      

Thanks to bharathi ka,who said,create thread for valentine's day contest from shashi sumeet web.then thinking of posting the procedure for this contest but later got one idea...y not create one thread for valentine's day..so here the world's all lovie dovie wala's thread...

VALENTINE'S DAY THREAD YO!!!

before that let me say abt the procedure for this contest in SS web..                                                                                                                         .

if anyone of u interest in it.then its very simple...

1.Click this link...VDCONTEST

2.Fill up these options there...

Valentine's Day Contest
Name: 
Email Id:        
Mobile No.:     
Serial: 
Celebrity: 
Valentine's Day Message: 

3.Click SUBMIT button.

4.Continue for other actors in DABH.

Come to VD...read this short story to knw abt it...

"The story of Valentine's Day begins in the third century with an oppressive Roman emperor and a humble Christian Martyr.   The emperor was Claudius II.   The Christian was Valentinus.

Claudius had ordered all Romans to worship twelve gods, and had made it a crime punishable by death to associate with Christians.   But Valentinus was dedicated to the ideals of Christ; not even the threat of death could keep him from practicing his beliefs.   He was

arrested and imprisoned.

During the last weeks of Valentinus's life a remarkable thing happened.   Seeing that he was a man of learning, the jailer asked whether his daughter, Julia, might be brought to Valentinus for lessons.   She had been blind since birth.   Julia was a pretty young girl with a quick mind.   Valentinus read stories of Rome's history to her.   He described the world of nature to her.   He taught her arithmetic and told her about God.  She saw the world through his eyes, trusted his wisdom, and found comfort in his quiet strength.

"Valentinus, does God really hear our prayers?" Julia asked one

day.

"Yes, my child, He hears each one."

"Do you know what I pray for every morning and every night?  I pray that I might see.   I want so much to see everything you've told me about!"

"God does what is best for us if we will only believe in Him," Valentinus said.

"Oh, Valentinus, I do believe! I do!"  She knelt and grasped his hand.

They sat quietly together, each praying.   Suddenly there was a brilliant light in the prison cell.   Radiant, Julia screamed, "Valentinus, I can see!  I can see!"

"Praise be to God!"  Valentinus exclaimed, and he knelt in prayer.

On the eve of his death Valentinus wrote a last note to Julia, urging her to stay close to God.   He signed it, "From your Valentine."  His sentence was carried out the next day, February 14, 270 A.D., near a gate that was later named Porta Valentini in his memory.   He was buried at what is now the Church of Praxedes in Rome.   It is said that Julia planted a pink-blossomed almond tree near his grave.   Today, the almond tree remains a symbol of abiding love and friendship.   On each February 14, Saint Valentine's Day, messages of affection, love, and devotion are exchanged around the world.

Valentine's Day in India

Valentine's Day is a popular observance around the world and has been increasing in popularity in India in recent years.           

Many people in the world, including in India, put aside one day of the year ' February 14 in Gregorian calendar ' to celebrate love. Images of cupid, hearts, roses and love birds are seen everywhere on this day.

Flowers and hearts are all part of the Valentine's Day theme. 

What do people do?

India is well known as a culture filled with ancient traditions. The Hindu culture contradicts many of the western world's ideals. Valentine's Day celebrations are known to clash with India's conservative religious background. It has only been in the most recent years that Valentine's Day has become widely recognized in India.

Just like most people in the world, many men and women of India, particularly young couples, celebrate Valentine's Day in a big way. They dress in fine clothing and show their loved one how they feel about them. Hotels and restaurants are fully booked to accommodate couples who are expressing and celebrating their love for each other. Post offices are filled with flower deliveries of flowers, packages and romantic letters.

Public Life

Valentine's Day is neither a public nor a private holiday. All offices, schools, colleges, government and private institutions remain open on this day. But those who wish to enjoy the day take a personal holiday to celebrate with their partner. Public transport also operates in full swing on the day. However, there is heavy traffic congestion in many places as many couples go out to enjoy the day.

Background

Valentine's Day is a popular global observance that is becoming increasingly popular in India over the years. Many people, particularly young people, in India started celebrating and enjoying the day in recent times.

Symbols

Popular Valentine's Day symbols include flowers, cupid, arrows, love birds, the color red and hearts. Hearts symbolize of love, but it is also a symbol of life. Giving one's heart to another person, so to speak, is the ultimate expression of love.

Flowers, roses especially, have long been associated with love. They stand for love, friendship and romance. The color red is associated with love, passion and romance. Love birds are a favorite symbol of Valentine's Day because it has been said that they search for their mates on Valentine's Day. Cupid, the god of love in mythology, is responsible for shooting arrows to make people fall in love with each other.

VALENTINE'S DAY WISHES TO U ALL...lets enjoy YO!!!.Heart.Heart.Heart.Heart.Heart..

Edited by udnis - 14 February 2013 at 6:59am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

-rp-Amor.b2011tuh1sweetycutieshehjarDEBOLINA96Rajeshree53Diya_DBLuminous_Linsfarhana874vish.narensurya4ever-Ayeshi-nirubaTarantallegra

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "V'Day Special : See All Members Creations On Pg 12" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niruba

IF-Sizzlerz

niruba

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
nice post sindu...and what a song!! Day Dreaming

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011shehjarRajeshree53-Liebe-

shehjar

Goldie

shehjar

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
lovely post Sindu Star..
A very Happy valentines day to all Heart..
and ah what a song .takes me back to my collage days Day Dreaming
we were so much in love with it that visited the place where it is shot Embarrassed..Bakel fort it is just breath takingly beautiful 
Arvind Swamy Rocks ..Clap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

b2011Rajeshree53-Liebe-

b2011

Coolbie

b2011

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

Nice post sindu...!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rajeshree53-Liebe-

sweetycutie

Goldie

sweetycutie

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Lovely post sindu di..!!!Big smileHugHeart

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Rajeshree53-Liebe-

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
niruba...thank uEmbarrassed.and its uyire song from bombay but in hindi versionSilly...

shehjar ji....thank u..Embarrassed.oh  u remembered ur college days...wowDay Dreaming...oh yeahWink...u should use this emoBlushing or Day Dreamingfor Arvind swamy rocks not this one...Clapthis is for u shehjar ji.Approve...enjoy by remembering ur golden days.

bharathi ka...thank uEmbarrassed.this bcz of u only...so thanks for that.Approve

sweety....thank u dear...HugHeart

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

tuh1shehjarRajeshree53Diya_DBvish.narenniruba

SwerveBae

IF-Sizzlerz

SwerveBae

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Oh, I hate valentines day. The only thing I do that day is to run over to a cuddling couple, slap the boy and yell "HOW COULD YOU?!"

- I have no life, I know

DEBOLINA96Rajeshree53-Liebe-

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 4:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Superman.

Oh, I hate valentines day. The only thing I do that day is to run over to a cuddling couple, slap the boy and yell "HOW COULD YOU?!"

- I have no life, I know

OMG...D'oh..OMG...D'oh...OMG...D'oh.ROFL

@bold....hahahhahha...LOLLOL

shehjarDEBOLINA96Rajeshree53

Post Reply New Post

Go to top