Ravan: mere mahadev - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by shruti.nil

actually as you said Nandi also says Mere Mahadev-but somehow Nandi always said it with love and devotion,not once it looked funny

however Raavan saying Mere Mahadev coupeled with moony eyes and heavy breathing was kind of funny-whoever directed the sequence somehow didnt get the devotion that Raavan has towards Mahadev projected as beautifully as Nandis devotion is projected-there was something wrong

and its not only me many others also found the portrayal strange-he was presented with the longing ala Sati and ParvatiπŸ˜†...they are his consorts,Raavan is not Mahadevs consort-he is his Bhakt.and Bhakti wala pyaar isnt to be potrayed in the same way as Sati/Parvatis love.

i want the devotion presented like how it was presented in the ME when Raavan sees Mahadev-that is how it was supposed to be done

Yesterday the Raavan almost pining for Mahadev looked a little funny-it should be potrayed better-i didnt want to laugh but ended up laughing during those scenes

I do agree that the way it was shown was bit odd, but may be they wanted to show the feeling of the soul to be close to his creator.. a sense of Yearning to be near him.  The episode yesterday reminded me of the poems by Biharilal and Kabir etc. You would be very surprised to know that some of the poems of Bihari Having Krishna as NAYAK and himself as NAYIKA were extremely explicit in its description and the first time I read those poems I was taken aback as to how can such things be projected in poetry in reference to God, but later it dawned to me that it was just the portrayal of the inner yearning of the soul to be one with the supreme, the ULTIMATE UNION 
@kaatyani-there was this one scene during the earlier episodes where Nandi leaves Mahadev,and Nandi yearns to go back to his Prabhu-see that presentation and see this
there is an obvious diffrence

Ravaans devotion is towards Mahadev-his soul feel attacted towards his God-but i feel the direction of the whole sequence,the whole feel was very off-it looked like Raavan ko Uttha Ke Sati/Parvati ke sequence main daal diya...

i have read lots of Kabirs Dohas and Meeras poems,but none of them are like what Raavan was shown as yesterday

Raavan is a powerful,brilliant man-his restlessness to meet Mahadev,calling Kailash his Kailash was very weird-like i said the presentation should have been done better
Originally posted by shruti.nil

@kaatyani-there was this one scene during the earlier episodes where Nandi leaves Mahadev,and Nandi yearns to go back to his Prabhu-see that presentation and see this
there is an obvious diffrence

Ravaans devotion is towards Mahadev-his soul feel attacted towards his God-but i feel the direction of the whole sequence,the whole feel was very off-it looked like Raavan ko Uttha Ke Sati/Parvati ke sequence main daal diya...

i have read lots of Kabirs Dohas and Meeras poems,but none of them are like what Raavan was shown as yesterday

Raavan is a powerful,brilliant man-his restlessness to meet Mahadev,calling Kailash his Kailash was very weird-like i said the presentation should have been done better

maybe what you say is correct, but still I did not find anything odd πŸ˜Š, as a matter of fact I loved the way Raavan reacted as it reminded me of Nandi only and I am excited to see that how this sort of devotion develops and more importantly Raavan's transition from such a great devotee to a practically immoral devil
Edited by kaatayani - 11 years ago
seriously guys,this mushy ravana is yucking me.
the ravan we saw in serial ramayana(old one)was the best.he was also shown as devotee of shiva but in real way.
mahadeva ke deewanon ke list
1-sati
2-parvati
3-ganga
4-meenakshi
5-vishnu
and now
6-ravana

who says mahadeva is a vairagee??

πŸ˜•
Ravan seems to be becoming too obsessed with Mahadev. Danger bells for Parvati.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
right now the only sane god to me in the show is brahma.

sry i don't mean to hurt anyone,its just my opinion.vishnu and laxmi are barely coming these days.parvati asking for bhavan and mahadeva keeps rejecting it(mahadeva actually had a bhavan,i have seen it in previous shows and what about caves the have??πŸ˜†if it was raining they should have gone to their cave.πŸ˜•)
ravana all mushy and kuber all stupid.
ganesha always too buddhiman and karthikeya always ...you know we are not seeing him in current episodes.
ganga aur chandra ka koi ata pata he nahin.πŸ˜•
indra is always shown hell stupid.

real gods are gonna kill nikhil if they continously showed this stupidity.😭😑

(again its my opinion,please i don't mean to hurt anyone or bash any god.its just the show.)
I don't understand lucy why will they show Chandra and Ganga if there is no need for them in the story.
Karthikeya has to have a story or a track to be shown.
Indra I don't know most shows I have seen him to be bad only.
Ravan is Shiv Bhakt but they should not kill his character by showing overt devotion that he is acting like a heroine now. That is my concern.
The bhavan is part of the story which will lead to the formation of Lanka. So what part is too stupid..!!
ravana seeing mahadeva

Originally posted by kavya24

I don't understand lucy why will they show Chandra and Ganga if there is no need for them in the story.
Karthikeya has to have a story or a track to be shown.
Indra I don't know most shows I have seen him to be bad only.
Ravan is Shiv Bhakt but they should not kill his character by showing overt devotion that he is acting like a heroine now. That is my concern.
The bhavan is part of the story which will lead to the formation of Lanka. So what part is too stupid..!!

actually dear i can't describe the feeling,i don't know about others but they act too humanly.

about the heroine part,my dad asked who is this new guys(ravana) i said-he is ravana.
he first laughed and laughed...
he said-if this is ravana than i am a better asur than him.πŸ˜†
Edited by lucykaede - 11 years ago