Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

okay, guys, let's divert our attentions from our poor celebs and play this game a while. So if you were to participate in such a mehmaanbazi game, what would you prepare? And you cannot repeat any of the dishes by the last 2 posters.

For me:

Drink: mango lassi

Starter: onion bhajji/pakora

Main course:  naan and dum alu,
       Veg: panir butter masala,  vegetable fried rice , 

Non-veg: Chicken tandoori, fry cutlet, mixed fried rice, 

but all of them cooked in olive oil and not at all hotLOL

Desert: mishti doi, Sandesh, 

End: Meetha paan / hajmola

so lets get going.

Edited by Aahaana - 30 January 2013 at 12:18pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanatennis2009BlueSpiritghoshmedhamunnihyderabadabhay12riatagoreirene_c-HibiscusR-BilliCat..Vrish..lostatsea...RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Game: Menu for your mehmanbaazi" in Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Welcome Drink - Nice chilled Mint + Pineapple juice (its really hot at my place)

Starter - Tomato cheese Bruschetta

Main Course - Masala Aloo, Karahi Chicken, Cumin Rice, Naan/ Paratha's

Dessert - Caramel Pudding, Fresh fruit Salad

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_cLeadNitrate

.EatMyShorts.

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ghoshmedhairene_cLeadNitrate

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

For me:

Drink:lassi

Starter: soup?LOL

Main course: Kulcha

Veg: Paneer ki sabhji

Non-veg: Garlic chicken

Desert: gajar ka halwa with icecream

End: Chocolates?LOL

Nice game taani Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_cLeadNitrate

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Drink: Hot chocolate!LOL Living in the US and surrounded by snow right now, there's nothing more I desire.

Starter: Samosa

Main course:  Chole Batura

Veg: Vegetable Pasta 

Non-veg: I'm a strict vegetarian so no non-vegEmbarrassed

Desert: Spanish 3-milk Cake 

End: Chocolate Mints

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_c

LeadNitrate

Viewbie

LeadNitrate

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
^^

let me ask you something, that day even amar  said yah to ghar pe non veg yah main. Now when you are playing host to someone, should you not make some food according to your guest's liking?
 Personal food habits and tastes aside, I think different options for different people should be there.
A bihari brahmin friend of mine got married recently, even though his family is strictly veg, because guests and girl's side have non veg, they prepared  couple of non veg dishes.
Similarly, a very much non veg family I know specially prepared two veg items so that my grandmother can choose and eat something and not just have some sweets.

I liked that way debina prepared both veg and non veg items. It was time consuming and maybe oily too, but everyone had an option to eat something. She has many flaws and she was a  semi failure as host( catfight and all), but atleast when it comes to food she made sure everyone had something to choose from.

DiorRouge..Vrish...RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

^^

let me ask you something, that day even amar  said yah to ghar pe non veg yah main. Now when you are playing host to someone, should you not make some food according to your guest's liking?
 Personal food habits and tastes aside, I think different options for different people should be there.
A bihari brahmin friend of mine got married recently, even though his family is strictly veg, because guests and girl's side have non veg, they prepared  couple of non veg dishes.
Similarly, a very much non veg family I know specially prepared two veg items so that my grandmother can choose and eat something and not just have some sweets.

I liked that way debina prepared both veg and non veg items. It was time consuming and maybe oily too, but everyone had an option to eat something. She has many flaws and she was a  semi failure as host( catfight and all), but atleast when it comes to food she made sure everyone had something to choose from.

I know as host, we should make something everyone eats, but I think some people are vegetarians for spiritual reasons more than personal choice, and in their houses touching meat is considered a sin.Embarrassed I am vegetarian both by personal choice and spiritually also. I think the thing is...non-vegetarian people eat both veg and non-veg, so it's easy for them to eat anything, but vegetarian people are more restricted so more amends must be made for them.

I also like how Debina, despite her faults, made food everyone could eat, but then again she's a non-vegetarian girl so it's not difficult for her to make something vegetarian. On the other hand, a vegetarian person would feel upset touching meat and making something with it. I don't know, that's just how I feel.Embarrassed

irene_cDiorRouge.bravehearted

Silence_Gold

IF-Addictz

Silence_Gold

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

^^

I agree people should be considering the vegetarian part and non vegetarian part, about Debina, I agree, she considered the guest like and dislike to food, but see when she goes to Gizelle's house, Debina's favorite dish is Sushi, but when she went there, thought Gizelle made both vegetarian food and non vegetarian according to each, she knows Debina loves Sushi and she made it for her, but no, she made a fuss regarding it and ate guys' food which is vegetarian... And at end they had no food back to eat... She gave 1 to Gizelle as host, while Gizelle gave her 8, she is greedy, there is a say, treat people as u want them to treat u... Debina's made a huge fuss too on Ram's episode, just wait and watch... 

Edited by Zee_News - 30 January 2013 at 3:15pm

ghoshmedhaDiorRouge..Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.