Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
The Tamil version has been playing in America/Canada for over a week now. I assume it is still the unedited version?
ILoveDrama thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: IAmAHunter

I watched the Telugu Version a Week back before the scenes were cut/muted out...

Movie is brilliant...First 40 minutes of Acting finesse tells you what makes Kamal Hassan..Kamal Hassan !!

Way Action Sequence were short shows how great a director he is too along with actor...for something of scale that is not done in Indian cinema..he pulls it of almost like a hollywood thriller!!

Movie slows down a lot in second half ...and you wont see the directorial/Writing brilliance you expect from a Kamal Directorial like his previous Heyram or Virumando...having said that it is still brilliant...Transformation from a feminine Dancer to an Agent was nuts...

Rating:3.5/5 ...  I expect better writing from Kamal Hassan...but I guess given the scale and money spent he had to dumb down the movie...

Definately go for it !!!  

Exactly my thoughts I felt the movie was dragged unnecessarily in some parts, If not for that it would have been a great watch. But I still liked it, My rating 3.25
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I actually had oodles of fun during the film! It's a complete entertainer, and minus a few hitches here and there and pretty smartly made film too. Of course since it's a hindi film it has it's share of over-indulgence but it still manages to leave a mark. Kamal Haasan is in top notch form and delivers a solid performance. The rest of the cast is good aswell. Rahul Bose is quite amusing as the perennially pissed off terrorist leader. Shekhar Kapur makes an average cameo. 

Overall, I loved the film! I'll give it 3.75/5 
bahi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I have watched the real version of it (meaning in tamil). The technology is very muchlike hollywood.. out of the world.. The movie had some good scenes, but at the same time the story was dragged overall.
Btw I watched the uncut version of the movie.. I think Tamil Nadu makes it worse by editing the movie..

3 out of 5 from me.
Edited by Baki - 11 years ago

Impatient to watch it 😊

MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Spoilers indicated. Read at your own risk.

Watched it today. Loved it. An absolutely believable RAW agent at last!! After watching that disastarous RAW guy in ETT and a silly sour puss bomb expert in JTHJ, this is a welcome change. Kamal Haasan is just awesome. The passion this man has is to be deeply admired and you can see it amply displayed in the movie. Those scenes in Afghanistan are superbly shot. Rahul Bose as Omar the nasty terrorist is fabulous. The new girl Pooja is okay too. Shekhar Kapoor...aawww. *swoon* Have loved this guy forever and to see him sharing screenspace with another aswesome dude is like cherry on top.

Liked the story and direction. There are bits where the humour is subtle. Nice one liners. Like this scene----> The Americans are ready to bust in on the jihadi with the dirty bomb. They're peeping through the hole and they see that he's praying(namaz i.e. Please forgive me if that is not how it's referred as). They turn over and see Kamal on the floor and he's praying too.
American1 asks 'What's he doing?'
American2 'He's praying'.
American1 : 'Oh! God Almighty!!'.
American2 : 'Exactly. Except that he's saying it in Arabic'. LOL!!

After the drivel that Bollywood spins out everyday...this is a refreshing change. Star power, Khans, KJo, 100 Cr, blah blah...all that is a big FAT zero compared to Kamal's passion for cinema and it shows. Yeah, he's got bit of a paunch and is not exactly the muscular dude you'd like the RAW agent in a movie to be but he makes up for that by making such a realistic movie. You need guts to make something like that. Some portions are not up to the mark but I don't have any complaints. If people were not smitten by stars and actually appreciated cinema, this would be a huge hit. But sadly, that's not how it works in our country. I enjoyed it and I give it 4/5.

Edited by MithiBani - 11 years ago
bahi. thumbnail
Mithibani, you're right. He has the unique passion for movies, and multitalented. He can act in any language in India, sing, lyricist, directing, producing etc. He has been in this industry for 50 years. Tamil Nadu celebrated it last year I remember. I'm not a big fan of anyone in tamil movie industry (eventhough I'm Tamil), but I will admit that I like him singing.
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
^^ Baki, I wish I knew Tamil so I could watch more of his movies. The man fascinates me. I still cannot forget that scene at the end from Sadma where he tries to make Sridevi remember who he is. Heartbreaking stuff!! He's so brilliant. I put him in the same league as Naseerudding Shah, Sanjeev Kumar, Irrfan Khan, Nawauddin Siddique...
bahi. thumbnail
^He left tamil industry for a while and went to bollywood, but I'm glad that he came back to do tamil movies again. Sadma is the remake of tamil movie Moondram Pirai, which was a blockbuster movie. I agree with you, I love that scene, such a hearbreaking scene..
Edited by Baki - 11 years ago