Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Movie review: Vishwaroop (Hindi) (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

IAmAHunter

IAmAHunter

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:02am | IP Logged
I watched the Telugu Version a Week back before the scenes were cut/muted out...

Movie is brilliant...First 40 minutes of Acting finesse tells you what makes Kamal Hassan..Kamal Hassan !!

Way Action Sequence were short shows how great a director he is too along with actor...for something of scale that is not done in Indian cinema..he pulls it of almost like a hollywood thriller!!

Movie slows down a lot in second half ...and you wont see the directorial/Writing brilliance you expect from a Kamal Directorial like his previous Heyram or Virumando...having said that it is still brilliant...Transformation from a feminine Dancer to an Agent was nuts...

Rating:3.5/5 ...  I expect better writing from Kamal Hassan...but I guess given the scale and money spent he had to dumb down the movie...

Definately go for it !!!  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDrama

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie review: Vishwaroop (Hindi) (Page 2)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wat_up

IF-Stunnerz

wat_up

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Will try to see it hope its good

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:11am | IP Logged
The Tamil version has been playing in America/Canada for over a week now. I assume it is still the unedited version?

ILoveDrama

Goldie

ILoveDrama

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmAHunter

I watched the Telugu Version a Week back before the scenes were cut/muted out...

Movie is brilliant...First 40 minutes of Acting finesse tells you what makes Kamal Hassan..Kamal Hassan !!

Way Action Sequence were short shows how great a director he is too along with actor...for something of scale that is not done in Indian cinema..he pulls it of almost like a hollywood thriller!!

Movie slows down a lot in second half ...and you wont see the directorial/Writing brilliance you expect from a Kamal Directorial like his previous Heyram or Virumando...having said that it is still brilliant...Transformation from a feminine Dancer to an Agent was nuts...

Rating:3.5/5 ...  I expect better writing from Kamal Hassan...but I guess given the scale and money spent he had to dumb down the movie...

Definately go for it !!!  
Exactly my thoughts I felt the movie was dragged unnecessarily in some parts, If not for that it would have been a great watch. But I still liked it, My rating 3.25

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
I actually had oodles of fun during the film! It's a complete entertainer, and minus a few hitches here and there and pretty smartly made film too. Of course since it's a hindi film it has it's share of over-indulgence but it still manages to leave a mark. Kamal Haasan is in top notch form and delivers a solid performance. The rest of the cast is good aswell. Rahul Bose is quite amusing as the perennially pissed off terrorist leader. Shekhar Kapur makes an average cameo. 

Overall, I loved the film! I'll give it 3.75/5 Approve

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MithiBanioblivious.

Baki

IF-Sizzlerz

Baki

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
I have watched the real version of it (meaning in tamil). The technology is very muchlike hollywood.. out of the world.. The movie had some good scenes, but at the same time the story was dragged overall.
Btw I watched the uncut version of the movie.. I think Tamil Nadu makes it worse by editing the movie..

3 out of 5 from me.

Edited by Baki - 05 February 2013 at 3:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nakshatra-oblivious.

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 05 February 2013 at 11:48pm | IP Logged

Impatient to watch it Smile

MithiBani

IF-Sizzlerz

MithiBani

Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Spoilers indicated. Read at your own risk.

Watched it today. Loved it. An absolutely believable RAW agent at last!! After watching that disastarous RAW guy in ETT and a silly sour puss bomb expert in JTHJ, this is a welcome change. Kamal Haasan is just awesome. The passion this man has is to be deeply admired and you can see it amply displayed in the movie. Those scenes in Afghanistan are superbly shot. Rahul Bose as Omar the nasty terrorist is fabulous. The new girl Pooja is okay too. Shekhar Kapoor...aawww. *swoon* Day DreamingHave loved this guy forever and to see him sharing screenspace with another aswesome dude is like cherry on top.

Liked the story and direction. There are bits where the humour is subtle. Nice one liners. Like this scene----> The Americans are ready to bust in on the jihadi with the dirty bomb. They're peeping through the hole and they see that he's praying(namaz i.e. Please forgive me if that is not how it's referred as). They turn over and see Kamal on the floor and he's praying too.
American1 asks 'What's he doing?'
American2 'He's praying'.
American1 : 'Oh! God Almighty!!'.
American2 : 'Exactly. Except that he's saying it in Arabic'. LOL!!

After the drivel that Bollywood spins out everyday...this is a refreshing change. Star power, Khans, KJo, 100 Cr, blah blah...all that is a big FAT zero compared to Kamal's passion for cinema and it shows. Yeah, he's got bit of a paunch and is not exactly the muscular dude you'd like the RAW agent in a movie to be but he makes up for that by making such a realistic movie. You need guts to make something like that. Some portions are not up to the mark but I don't have any complaints. If people were not smitten by stars and actually appreciated cinema, this would be a huge hit. But sadly, that's not how it works in our country. I enjoyed it and I give it 4/5.

Edited by MithiBani - 06 February 2013 at 12:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDrama-Nakshatra-oblivious.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top