Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

sami01

Coolbie

sami01

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:20am | IP Logged

One of the main pillars of independence movement of India
Preacher of Peace and non violence and harmony between people of different faiths.
a true humanitarian
Tagore named him Mahatma(great soul)
World knows him as Mahatma Gandhi
On the 30th January 1948 shots from a pistol of Nathu Ram Godse ended his earthly life.
A violent end to a non violent and humanitarian

Only a few days before the assassination, as if he had a premonition, Gandhi had said:
"Should I die by the bullet of a madman, I have to do so with a smile. There must be no anger in me. God must be in my heart and on my lips and you must promise me one thing: Should such a thing happen, do not shed a tear. I have done my deeds for humanity not requested by any human and I cannot stop on request of anybody. I am like God wanted me and I do as he advises me to do. Let him do with me as he pleases. If he wants to he may kill me. I believe that I do as he orders."

His Famous Last Words were Hey Ram
Here is a small video made by CC team
It has some of memories along with famous speech of Jawahar Lal Nehru on Bapu's death along with funeral video.

The shock wave of grief ran through whole world
United nations lowered its flag in his Honor

Even today his teachings and values guide all peace loving people around the world and inspire many to follow his path to wards justice and peace.
In India this day is commemorated as Martyrs Day and 2 minutes silence is observed at 11.02 AM in his memory.
We at India-forums salute our dear bapu for showing us path of truth and humanity.Thank you for taking some time out to go through this post

Edited by sami01 - 30 January 2013 at 9:26am

The following 68 member(s) liked the above post:

ojas143absalapari97Akki_Kundalchillymirchikishlay95spain_JellyBean_b2011-FrozenRain-SpunkyTigress_G1234_FlagSuryaNakshholicAnomic_lonersunitha02KhotaSikaShreya-RD-Yuvika_15BilliCat.DarlingSarunrusha4003*mystic.moon*VasantiLadtahera57..Labyrinth..chinudollyMithalee02-AarYaholic--LiveLaughLove--MissBoiiVamp---Saina--SaffroniaMullai_27-Raichu-vkp1989gaurav_ankita08pari_15.Sunshine.MP_Radha-Stutz-Premeer_DiwaniCaptain_PhilipsJyo_Ksgdebasree04-Alina.--Wingless--Neha.K.Siddhi_-Rojaa-AASUSSaiSMitu_BerryBlush07Sneha113.ByGod.Nancy.Mohabbatein.BHAVII-chamkilli-charmee_sammyswashbucklingblue-iceshanti05-Thabassum--wintergreen--Araina--.SapnokiRani-.spvd

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mahatma Gandhi-- a great soul -tribute from IF" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Araina-

IF-Stunnerz

-Araina-

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
We just referred to him in class today in a debate when talking about terrorism. 

We shall forever be in debt to him for the path of truth and honesty he has showered upon us all. A great soul indeed to be remembered for centuries to come. 

A very beautiful post Sami di and CC's. Applauds! 

-Khushi.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ojas143sami01SpunkyTigress*mystic.moon*-MissBoiiVamp-Mithalee02Siddhi_-Alina.BerryBlush07SaiS

*mystic.moon*

IF-Dazzler

*mystic.moon*

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
^ Call it ironic, but today in my eng, we had a mention of him too. Yeah a little history glance in english lecture as we were discussing an essay written by one British Indian. My teacher had a complete eye contact with me as we were talking and even asked me if she was right or not as she is du-uh not a history professor.  Won't get in details of the discussion.

Lovely post CCs (: 

- Monal

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sami01SpunkyTigressMithalee02-MissBoiiVamp-SaiSSiddhi_

-MissBoiiVamp-

IF-Rockerz

-MissBoiiVamp-

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Because of him India is independent!!! But sum people misuse the independence!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sami01zorrroSaiS

foram.

IF-Stunnerz

foram.

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Great post.
Mahatma gandhi is father of our nation, one of the freedom fighter who playd imp role for our country's freedon with his nonvoilence.
We need a person like him in present scenario.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-MissBoiiVamp-SaiSSiddhi_

Jyo_Ksg

IF-Sizzlerz

Jyo_Ksg

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
thanks for the post..:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SaiS

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Call it even more ironic but we watched a movie on him today in our Film Experience class. We had a little discussion about him as well.

Great post CCs!

Mahatma Gandhi is the father of our nation, who will forever be remembered in our hearts and minds.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*mystic.moon*SaiS

-Shruti

IF-Stunnerz

-Shruti

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
The words he uttered are extremely inspiring and he was a 'Mahatma' in true means. He's still among us through his great thoughts. He fought for our rights without any weapon and that's the best part of his freedom struggle.
Lovely post btw.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SaiS

Post Reply New Post

Go to top