Qubool Hai

Glad Zoya did not confide in Asad. (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

rogerrocks

IF-Stunnerz

rogerrocks

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I respect your opinion but do you think its wrong to be selfish? Doesn't that how the world function? Its great that Zoya is selfless but isn't it a little too much to expect others to be like that as well..After witnessing first hand what Mariam's family is capable of, whats wrong if Asad is selfish enough to worry only about the safety of Zoya and his family? Am glad there is this tinge of realism they portray in Asad's character..Helping others is not wrong but not at the cost of endangering others' lives..Am sure Zoya knows how notorious Mariam's family is..Add to it the fact that she is living as a guest in someone's house..I understand where Zoya is coming from but i wouldn't fault Asad if he flips cos honestly, thats how i'l react if a guest does something similar at my place

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12chicksoupRafz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Glad Zoya did not confide in Asad. (Page 3)" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Rafz

IF-Rockerz

Rafz

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I respect your opinion but do you think its wrong to be selfish? Doesn't that how the world function? Its great that Zoya is selfless but isn't it a little too much to expect others to be like that as well..After witnessing first hand what Mariam's family is capable of, whats wrong if Asad is selfish enough to worry only about the safety of Zoya and his family? Am glad there is this tinge of realism they portray in Asad's character..Helping others is not wrong but not at the cost of endangering others' lives..Am sure Zoya knows how notorious Mariam's family is..Add to it the fact that she is living as a guest in someone's house..I understand where Zoya is coming from but i wouldn't fault Asad if he flips cos honestly, thats how i'l react if a guest does something similar at my place

^ Exactly.

And I actually like Asad more for watching out for Zoya selfishly. Cuz thats what you do. You weren't born to save the world, no one is. Your protect what is yours, you stand up for family and those that you and it ends there. Maryam's bhaijan (the one who promised to take her to Dubai) is the one who should be making these efforts, not Zoya.

But I do see where the thread-maker is coming from. One cannot be blamed for being fond of Zoya, woh hai hi itni bindaas and awesome. But Zoya just needs that lil edge of realism to her fancies so she doesnt do more harm than good when shez off trying to save the world in her own way. Hopefully Asad can fix that.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12chicksoup

chicksoup

IF-Rockerz

chicksoup

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TanHa911

Originally posted by rogerrocks

^ Exactly.

And I actually like Asad more for watching out for Zoya selfishly. Cuz thats what you do. You weren't born to save the world, no one is. Your protect what is yours, you stand up for family and those that you and it ends there. Maryam's bhaijan (the one who promised to take her to Dubai) is the one who should be making these efforts, not Zoya.

Roger and Tanha- first of all, thanks a lot for sharing your views.
Hug
I think you got me wrong somewhere here- 'And I actually like Asad more for watching out for Zoya selfishly. Cuz thats what you do.' That is exactly what I said too- he is selfish. We are all selfish.LOL

Just that, Zoya is not. Just like we wouldn't understand Zoya's POV, Zoya wouldn't understand ours.

But I do see where the thread-maker is coming from. One cannot be blamed for being fond of Zoya, woh hai hi itni bindaas and awesome. But Zoya just needs that lil edge of realism to her fancies so she doesnt do more harm than good when shez off trying to save the world in her own way. Hopefully Asad can fix that.

Thanks for  getting me right here.Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rafz

anoo67

Goldie

anoo67

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 3:36am | IP Logged
of course zoya should not tell asad anything! who is he?he just happens to own the house where she is living as a guest.she has complete rights to call him a mental case make fun of him in front of his staff, interfere in his business affairs,tell him to get out of his own house come and go as and when she pleases, and put everybodys life in danger just because it is her right  and she is so good at heart.come on anybody would do that in her place.dont you think you are taking your feministic sensibilities too far?it is easy to call asad a chauvinist and regressive.but havent you heard of the saying jaisa des vaisa bhes.in short you have to adjust your thinking according to your surroundings, she has no idea of the cultural scenario of the place she has come to and asad has been trying to make her see that, which she fails to understand.when she us living under someones roof she has no right to invite someone .she has no idea what danger she is putting asads family into, and the consequences may turn out to be grave.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12

neenabinu

IF-Sizzlerz

neenabinu

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 3:47am | IP Logged
nice post...
they are two people on different wavelenghts...

chicksoup

IF-Rockerz

chicksoup

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anoo67

of course zoya should not tell asad anything! who is he?he just happens to own the house where she is living as a guest.she has complete rights to call him a mental case make fun of him in front of his staff, interfere in his business affairs,tell him to get out of his own house come and go as and when she pleases, and put everybodys life in danger just because it is her right  and she is so good at heart.come on anybody would do that in her place.dont you think you are taking your feministic sensibilities too far?it is easy to call asad a chauvinist and regressive.but havent you heard of the saying jaisa des vaisa bhes.in short you have to adjust your thinking according to your surroundings, she has no idea of the cultural scenario of the place she has come to and asad has been trying to make her see that, which she fails to understand.when she us living under someones roof she has no right to invite someone .she has no idea what danger she is putting asads family into, and the consequences may turn out to be grave.

Anooo...
Chill, yaar! You sound like you hate Zoya.Cry

she has complete rights to call him a mental case : He calls her the same.LOL

make fun of him in front of his staff, interfere in his business affairs,: The price he has to pay for not saying sorry- she had promised to lift it as soon as he learned the magic words...don't you think she deserved the apology there?

,tell him to get out of his own house: She has never categorically told him that!

come and go as and when she pleases: She is not Asad's guest, she is phoophi's guest. And phoophi has not PLACED ANY restrictions on her.

put everybodys life in danger just because it is her right  and she is so good at heart: She never thought Mariam's relatives'd want her killed  for this. She did not want the girl to commit suicide and gave the only option that came to her mind...RUN...FROM THESE DEVILS!Clap

.dont you think you are taking your feministic sensibilities too far?it is easy to call asad a chauvinist and regressive.but havent you heard of the saying jaisa des vaisa bhes.in short you have to adjust your thinking according to your surroundingsShocked
 Who called Asad a chauvinist? Zoya sees him as one, that is because he has so far not apologised or understood her even once! She has not seen the real Asad whom  we've seen.

Yes, I know the saying- but I don't expect Zoya to know it since she was brought up in NY. Even if she knew, she'd say, "Allah Miyan! Whats wrong with this country?"

she has no idea of the cultural scenario of the place she has come to and asad has been trying to make her see that, which she fails to understand.: 

Why is Asad hell bent on teaching her when his mother who has brought up two children all by herself has no problems with Zoya. Whet I mean is, Dilshad finds her sweet and chirpy and accepts her the way she is, WE SHOULD TOO!

she has no right to invite someone : Did she invite Mariam? Mariam came looking for her and wouldn't leave- I've explained this in one of the replies above.Wink

she has no idea what danger she is putting asads family into, and the consequences may turn out to be grave. Agree with you here.Smile

Hey, chill! na.
The point of my post was not to make Asad look chauvinistic and make Zoya look like a heroine- was just trying to show her view point.

Thanks for the reply.Hug

chicksoup

IF-Rockerz

chicksoup

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neenabinu

nice post...
they are two people on different wavelenghts...

ClapClapClap

You make me look sillySillyEmbarrassed. You said everything I wrote in pages in one simple sentence!Clap

Hug

cutiesanya

Goldie

cutiesanya

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:29am | IP Logged
WELL WRITTEN GOOD

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Qubool Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.