Glad Zoya did not confide in Asad.

chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

πŸ˜†Never expected her to!

Why should she?

What does Zoya know about Asad?

He has refused to apologise to her- twice.😑

Once when she had been abducted by Akram- he had saved her, but he did not seem to understand that his actions had put her in grave danger. She herself had to remind him that an apology was due, yet, Asad had been stubborn. (Though he had actually apologised very nicely, well, it was not Zoya's fault that he chose that particular moment when she was listening to music.πŸ€”)

Then again, she had proven him wrong- that she did not think about only HERSELF like he seemed to think, when she helped Mariam run away. Well, Akdu Ahmed Khan had enough brains to see that Mariam was running from dangerous people. Still, he refused to budge- instead, he accused her of disrupting his peaceful life😑 and on more than one occasion he had made it clear why he ends up saving her all the time- it was out of respect and regard for his ammi. He had NOTHING- not even an iota of respect or concern for her, so if he seemed to be nice, it was only because she was phoophi's guest.

'Kyunki ammi ko lagta hai woh bechaari hain'😲

And he had made it very clear that Mariam had to be handed over to her father (that is how Asad's strict directive sounded), so that he can go ahead with her marriage as planned. (Zoya did not hear that convo between Dilavar and Asad that he wanted Mariam's life in place of the honour she had stained. Zoya still thinks it is all about a father's 'zid'-   he had given his word and his daughter was going to keep it. And this father is so adamant about his decision that he wouldn't think twice before killing any stranger who butts her head into his family's affairs. Zoya knows Mariam will be forced to marry her rapist- with all the blessings of her relatives- much like Zoya had been forced to marry Akram. It was just her luck that her Aapi ang Jeeju were broadminded enough to let her go.)😊

So, what does Zoya know about Asad?

His heart is in the right place- she has seen plenty of evidence for that- the way he rescued her and his sensitivity in dealing with his mother, sister and half- brother Ayan. But she is not quite sure about his brains. It seems like he cannot think past a first impression.πŸ˜’ His impression about her has not changed in spite of the situations they had faced together. And it is unlikely that his orthodox beliefs will change too.  πŸ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chicksoup thumbnail
πŸ€“Wow!
No replies, that is quite fine.😊

What really intrigues me is, how did the post become pink with no replies whatsoever? πŸ˜²

What makes a post pink? Can someone explain?
Champa2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Good points. But even when I like Zoya's character more than Asad's (first because I am a feminist second because she is so much more fun), here are my views.

1. She has given Asad the impression of arrogant girl. Remember their first bumping. He was nice to her but she was the one who started arguing and being defensive. Clearly, this girl has too much of adrenaline flowing in her body.
2. Asad has some rules about how people should be in his house. Zoya comes and takes Najma to the cricket match and dancing there on TV screen. Do you blame him for getting mad? I don't.
3. Yes, he did make a mistake by sending her to meet Akram, but that was a genuine mistake. He thought Akram was a nice guy. And looking at Zoya's behavior, I wouldn't be surprised for his assumption that she ran away without a proper reason.
4. As far as Mariyam's thing goes, what would you have done if you were in Zoya's place? I will tell you what I would've done. I would've saved her, but wouldn't have told her to run away. Whatever it is, it was her battle. She had to learn to fight. I wouldn't butt in where my nose doesn't belong. But he came back to save her. That is more than any grand apology in my opinion and he was the one getting her out of that house on the bike. So, let's not blame him for that.

It is not easy to be with a person who is always doing stuff without understanding the consequences. I like her, but not her stupidity and I know lot of people give the name selfless. But when you are doing something selflessly, you cannot put someone else's life in danger. If a guest in your house brings another person and hides under your own roof, what will you do. However good her intentions are, it is wrong. If I were Asad, I would've thrown both of them out and be done and I am serious. Writers killed the character when she hid Maryam.

My 2 cents.

Mystic_nights_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: chicksoup

πŸ€“Wow!

No replies, that is quite fine.😊

What really intrigues me is, how did the post become pink with no replies whatsoever? πŸ˜²

What makes a post pink? Can someone explain?

good post dear...

for post to become pink...need 250 views i think.
chicksoup thumbnail
Originally posted by: Champa2012

Good points. But even when I like Zoya's character more than Asad's (first because I am a feminist second because she is so much more fun), here are my views.

1. She has given Asad the impression of arrogant girl. Remember their first bumping. He was nice to her but she was the one who started arguing and being defensive. Clearly, this girl has too much of adrenaline flowing in her body.
2. Asad has some rules about how people should be in his house. Zoya comes and takes Najma to the cricket match and dancing there on TV screen. Do you blame him for getting mad? I don't.
3. Yes, he did make a mistake by sending her to meet Akram, but that was a genuine mistake. He thought Akram was a nice guy. And looking at Zoya's behavior, I wouldn't be surprised for his assumption that she ran away without a proper reason.
4. As far as Mariyam's thing goes, what would you have done if you were in Zoya's place? I will tell you what I would've done. I would've saved her, but wouldn't have told her to run away. Whatever it is, it was her battle. She had to learn to fight. I wouldn't butt in where 

Answering your Q: my nose doesn't belong. But he came back to save her. That is more than any grand apology in my opinion and he was the one getting her out of that house on the bike. So, let's not blame him for that.

It is not easy to be with a person who is always doing stuff without understanding the consequences. I like her, but not her stupidity and I know lot of people give the name selfless. But when you are doing something selflessly, you cannot put someone else's life in danger. If a guest in your house brings another person and hides under your own roof, what will you do. However good her intentions are, it is wrong. If I were Asad, I would've thrown both of them out and be done and I am serious. Writers killed the character when she hid Maryam.

My 2 cents.

I am not against Asad at all. I feel both  have their POVs. I love both equally

More than any grand apology- definitely, thats why I said she knows his heart is in the right place.
But she thinks he did it out of chivalry- his thinking is still rigid. So, she cannot say that he won't send Mariam packing esp since he said very clearly that 'even he ' will not be able to save her from the trouble that'd follow.

Now, if he had said that he'll handle the issue better, she could've gone to him. I honestly feel they did not murder the character.

Thanks a lot for sharing your view.πŸ€—

Answering your Q:

The nikah was about to take place...the girl was about to set herself on fire. Her whole family was horrible and rigid enough to marry her OFF TO HER RAPIST!!!

This is like the Akram thing that had happened to Zoya- she was hunted down and abducted...

I would'v e told her to get in the car and scooted off with her...But then, what of poor Asad? Actually, Zoya did not even have time for all this. She somehow had to stall them to give Mariam time to escape- never did she dream it'd come to this. Max, she'd have expected a shouting from Mr. Khan.
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Why should she?

Once when she had been abducted by Akram- he had saved her, but he did not seem to understand that his actions had put her in grave danger. She herself had to remind him that an apology was due, yet, Asad had been stubborn. (Though he had actually apologised very nicely, well, it was not Zoya's fault that he chose that particular moment when she was listening to music.πŸ€”)

roven him wrong- that she did not think about only HERSELF like he seemed to think, when she helped Mariam run away. Well, Akdu Ahmed Khan had enough brains to see that Mariam was running from dangerous people. Still, he refused to budge- instead, he accused her of disrupting his peaceful life😑 and on more than one occasion he had made it clear why he ends up saving her all the time- it was out of respect and regard for his ammi. He had NOTHING- not even an iota of respect or concern for her, so if he seemed to be nice, it was only because she was phoophi's guest.

And he had made it very clear that Mariam had to be handed over to her father (that is how Asad's strict directive sounded), so that he can go ahead with her marriage as planned. (Zoya did not hear that convo between Dilavar and Asad that he wanted Mariam's life in place of the honour she had stained. Zoya still thinks it is all about a father's 'zid'-   he had given his word and his daughter was going to keep it. And this father is so adamant about his decision that he wouldn't think twice before killing any stranger who butts her head into his family's affairs. Zoya knows Mariam will be forced to marry her rapist- with all the blessings of her relatives- much like Zoya had been forced to marry Akram. It was just her luck that her Aapi ang Jeeju were broadminded enough to let her go.)😊

His heart is in the right place- she has seen plenty of evidence for that- the way he rescued her and his sensitivity in dealing with his mother, sister and half- brother Ayan. But she is not quite sure about his brains. It seems like he cannot think past a first impression.πŸ˜’ His impression about her has not changed in spite of the situations they had faced together. And it is unlikely that his orthodox beliefs will change too.  πŸ˜‰

Very well written post. I read this in the morning but couldn't reply tab cuz I was off to Uni ... Anyways ... Umm given the way Asad is , apologizing is a HUGE deal for him . But he DID apologize eik dafa. They way Zoya demanded her apology was JUST not done. Asad ke jagah mai hoti toh I'd punch herr nose. For someone as busy as Asad, their phone is their lifeline. Professionally speaking. Fone pe deals bante hai, toot te hai. What Zoya did with his phone is absolutely unacceptable. Humiliating him in front of his subordinates. Just not done. 

I like Zoya a LOT more, now that she isn't upto her childish antics like the early days of Qubool hai. Being around Asad seemed to have sobered her up a little but. Wara toh initially she was INFURIATING. I was SO pissed at her during the phone incident. I toh feel Asad let her off too easy.

But YES, the way Asad reacts to think, if I was in Zoya's place even my first instinct would have been to HIDE Maryam , not tell Asad. I guess its all a sad hit and miss. When Asad is being sensitive and softening up, she misses it and Asad , and Asad's bad timing is well ... hum fans ka toh kismat hi kharab hai -___-

-rajsua- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Why should she?

Then again, she had proven him wrong- that she did not think about only HERSELF like he seemed to think, when she helped Mariam run away. Well, Akdu Ahmed Khan had enough brains to see that Mariam was running from dangerous people. Still, he refused to budge- instead, he accused her of disrupting his peaceful life😑 and on more than one occasion he had made it clear why he ends up saving her all the time- it was out of respect and regard for his ammi. He had NOTHING- not even an iota of respect or concern for her, so if he seemed to be nice, it was only because she was phoophi's guest.

Sorry but reading the underlined line i felt like you are hell bent on show Asad is wrong even if he apologized infront of zoya .. listening music is not a big deal. we can stop the music and listen to the guy who is talking infront of us ... 1st when she was listening music and didnt hear itt was understanable bt 2nd time when he was tring to saying sorry she started shouting ...

BUT I BELIEVE  fault is from both side 

even if zoya doesnt confide to Asad but still she expect him to save her all the time .. This says it all

sorry if i have hurt u with my coment 
-rajsua- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Champa2012

4. As far as Mariyam's thing goes, what would you have done if you were in Zoya's place? I will tell you what I would've done. I would've saved her, but wouldn't have told her to run away. Whatever it is, it was her battle. She had to learn to fight. I wouldn't butt in where my nose doesn't belong. But he came back to save her. That is more than any grand apology in my opinion and he was the one getting her out of that house on the bike. So, let's not blame him for that.

My 2 cents.

very well written reply   
chicksoup thumbnail
[ Umm given the way Asad is , apologizing is a HUGE deal for him . But he DID apologize eik dafa. They way Zoya demanded her apology was JUST not done. Asad ke jagah mai hoti toh I'd punch herr nose. For someone as busy as Asad, their phone is their lifeline. Professionally speaking. Fone pe deals bante hai, toot te hai. What Zoya did with his phone is absolutely unacceptable. Humiliating him in front of his subordinates. Just not done. 

Thanks, TanHa.

Actually I was thinking about the Akram episode She never got a real apology from him.
I found the phone thing really cute- all he had to do was say 'sorry' and he'd have had his pride back.

Haan! Asad has a problem with saying sorry. I understand that. Why should Zoya understand it when he was looking down on her all the time? She wanted to teach him a lesson.
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

[ Umm given the way Asad is , apologizing is a HUGE deal for him . But he DID apologize eik dafa. They way Zoya demanded her apology was JUST not done. Asad ke jagah mai hoti toh I'd punch herr nose. For someone as busy as Asad, their phone is their lifeline. Professionally speaking. Fone pe deals bante hai, toot te hai. What Zoya did with his phone is absolutely unacceptable. Humiliating him in front of his subordinates. Just not done. 

Thanks, TanHa.

Actually I was thinking about the Akram episode She never got a real apology from him.
I found the phone thing really cute- all he had to do was say 'sorry' and he'd have had his pride back.

Haan! Asad has a problem with saying sorry. I understand that. Why should Zoya understand it when he was looking down on her all the time? She wanted to teach him a lesson.

Ofcourse , she deserved a proper apology fo the Akram incident, which Asad did. But Zoya ka personal khunnas nikalne ke liye you humiliate someone in front of his colleagues and subordinates ... thats taking it a lil too far. I guess I just dont appove of people who don't know know where to draw the line. I like Zoya a lot more now.