Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 26)

Post Reply New Post

Page 26 of 26

Page 1 Page 25
Page   of 26

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Please try to engage your reading comprehension skills. The 1.7 million count is not of ALL Muslims in TN. It's half. Take a deep breadth and read this part. Slowly.
I asked him to do that as well, guess he couldn't comprehend that either. LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 26)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:45am | IP Logged
I think for future clarity to prevent assumptions and generalizations on part of people who miss the big picture and hone in on irrelevant detail I propose the following acronyms.

SNA - Some Not All
BOCTAOE - But Of course there are obvious exceptions (credit Scott Adams)
TIAONSF - This is a opinion not statistical fact

I'll develop more as time goes by

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Kal ElYankeesblue-icepetticoat

Rehanism

IF-Dazzler

Rehanism

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sano88

if you know such movies can make controversy, why to make it ?. If some sort of things were presented for your religion, would you not said the same thing which now muslims said? Whateever religion you're following doesn't give you the right to show whatever you want until you know what exactly happened from A-Z!

There is something called Freedom of Speech and Expression - which includes the right to be politically incorrect..There is no problem with Muslims expressing their discontent in a civilized, scholarly manner that doesn't come across as bullying..However there's a problem if they, or any one for that matter, create an atmosphere of intimidation through hooliganism and threat of violence that makes it impossible for a person to express their view without fearing for their life and liberty..

In Western world you can find strongest form of criticism and mockery of religions, that dwarfs any Indian movie or book by aeons, but I don't see too many of them feeling the need to flee their countries to save their life. That's because Western world prioritizes Freedom of Speech as an immutable human right. Its our failure that we have been incapable of secularizing our society and instead resorted to feeding religiotards to buy temporary peace. Why can't we create such an atmosphere where, to paraphrase Tagore, 'the mind is without fear and the head is held high'?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

YankeesMithiBanioblivious.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:46am | IP Logged
I guess Jeff Dunham won't perform in India anytime soon

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

YankeesMithiBanipetticoat

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged

Shaitan-Haiwan

IF-Dazzler

Shaitan-Haiwan

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
So did he leave yet?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Franco

dhakarn

IF-Sizzlerz

dhakarn

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tina59

Originally posted by Yankees

Originally posted by blue-ice

Ummm...just out of curiosity...has any country offered him to come and stay with them...?
LOL, I don't think anyone knows him outside of India.

Theres a world outside bollywood and believe when I say that people in and outside India watch movies that arent Hinidi and you may not believe this either but Rajnikanth movies are the biggest grossers outside india when its released.

Did yu know that Kamal Hasan has got the highest number of national awards by an actor along with Mamooty. His Nayakan was featured on the top 100 movies of all time.

Completely true ...Some people live in fool's paradise or can say r like that frog (in a story told by vivekananda) which thinks that its well in which it lives is the world... Bollywood is just another film industry india...Hindi being the 'national language' has made it popular n wide-reaching, that's all... for all the non-hindi speaking audience its always their mother tongue which commands their attention first , then other languages ...there r many other languages in India n many states too... Tamil n telugu movies have more market than any bollywood film outside india ... n when they talk about actors (I said actors, not stars) they always talks about Kamal, Mohanlal n Mammotty...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top