Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 25)

Post Reply New Post

Page 25 of 26

Karan.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 25)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karan.

Go and watch channel news Muslims are supporting Kamal Haasan!!!!! he himself said it in the press conference which 1.7 million are you talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry
Why don't you read the whole article first. Sleepy

Neloufer.

IF-Sizzlerz

Neloufer.

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Did he go?

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Karan - you come off making it seem like the whole Muslim interference is a just a myth. Have your news channels covered all the 3.49 million people in Tamil Nadu, I find it hard to believe that there is no objection from any of them. Someone obviously has an issue for this to be stretched this long.

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Originally posted by chocolover89

This is going around on twitter, if true..it's really sweet of Rajnikant!

"I will act in Kamal Haasan's direction for free, to repay any losses which may occur to him." - Superstar Rajinikanth

God is now with Kamal. Clap

LOL. LOLLOL that's a humble move from Rajnikaant, maybe we can get Salman & SRK to star in that film too. LOL Just some wishful thinking. LOL

I feel terrible for Kamal Hassan, poor guy. No one deserves this treatment, especially someone of his stature. These DAMN Muslim organizations need to back down and the government needs to step up. Ermm 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged

Kamal Haasan: I will quit India it this happens again

IANS | Feb 1, 2013, 09.59 AM IST

Kamal Haasan: I will quit India it this happens again

Kamal Hassan, one of the biggest movie stars in southern India, left, speaks as actress Pooja Kumar listens during a news conference in Mumbai, India, Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013. Hassan said Thursday he would go ahead with the release of a Hindi language version of his controversial spy thriller "Vishwaroopam" as he fights a court battle for the release of the Tamil language version in his home state of Tamil Nadu. Several Muslim groups protested the film's release in Tamil Nadu, objecting to its portrayal of Islam.Photo/Rajanish Kakade)

Actor-director Kamal Haasan warned Thursday that he would "seriously leave" India if similar protests again envelop his films.
The versatile actor, who threatened Wednesday to quit India over the opposition to his Tamil-Telugu movie " Vishwaroopam", said that he wanted justice.

"In anger and in an emotional outburst I had said I will leave the country," he told the media. "But if this happens again, I will seriously leave. It is not that I will leave this fame and glory. I enjoy that. I was angry (when I spoke earlier) and I am still angry," he added.

But Kamal Haasan thanked Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa after she said she was doing her best to resolve the impasse over the movie, which has run into protests from Muslim groups.

He said he was overwhelmed by the support he got all over the country -- from fans, the media and the film industry. "I get carried away when I talk about my fans. I really don't know what I did to deserve this love from my fans. I am touched.

"If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed, then it's an understatement. I am here to thank everyone including the media for all the support I got," Kamal Haasan said.

He added: "I want to thank the film fraternity who stood by me... Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Mahesh Bhatt, Javed (Akhtar), Aamir Khan."

The actor said the delay in the release of his Tamil-Telugu film, which has been banned for 15 days in Tamil Nadu, had led to a loss of Rs.30-60 crore.

Referring to his film's distributor, he said: "But Jeetendra, who is supporting me, said whatever has happened, (take it) as a by Browse to Save">lottery..." Kamal Haasan has begun work on "Vishwaroopam 2".

Edited by Kal El - 01 February 2013 at 1:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Yankees

Karan.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Karan.

Originally posted by Yankees

Karan - you come off making it seem like the whole Muslim interference is a just a myth. Have your news channels covered all the 3.49 million people in Tamil Nadu, I find it hard to believe that there is no objection from any of them. Someone obviously has an issue for this to be stretched this long.

No it is not. u cant say that 1,7 Muslims who lives in TN have supported those few fanatics.it is the same saying when some Shiv Sena Lunatics attacks minority saying that Hindus are behind the attack!!!!! remember there are always few ones who are behind this chaos. Majority of the Muslims in TN are with Kamal Hasaan.   

Please try to engage your reading comprehension skills. The 1.7 million count is not of ALL Muslims in TN. It's half. Take a deep breadth and read this part. Slowly.

The Muslim population in Tamil Nadu is 3.49 million, representing 5.6% of the state's population of 62.41 million.

Now let's assume, for argument's sake, that the various Muslim groups protesting the release of Vishwaroopam represent about 50% of the Muslims in the state. After all, there could be many Muslims in Tamil Nadu who don't give a damn about Vishwaroopam or any other Kollywood Roopam.

Total TN population = 62.41 million

No of Muslims = 3.49 million

Then for the sake of argument, they assume that let's say just half of the Muslims are the ones who have problems with it. So hypothetically, 1.7 million Muslims - out of 3.49 million total Muslims in a state populated by 62.41 million people - are protesting the movie. So it turns out that a tiny fraction of the population is determining what the entire state must or must not do. Nowhere does the article say that ALL of the Muslims are against it and the number they use is a hypothetical number for the sake of illustrating a point.  That is all. Do not overreact by just reading a part of the article.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Yankeesreturn_to_hadesMithiBaniKhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Go to top