Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 21)

Post Reply New Post

Page 21 of 26

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nishita123

Originally posted by blue-ice

OMG NishiHug...So ur fav was Niketan this time...I liked him tooLOL

BI !!!! Hug  Where were you ????    Didn't see you in BB forum at all ?? lolz...yeah Nik ne ghayal kar diya tha is baar LOL...you also liked Niketan , cool !!  who else you liked this time ?? missed your posts in BB forum yaar !! 

Ya...missed the BB forum totally this time...just didn't feel like posting there..but def in the next season...my fav were Nik and Urvashi...koi bhi jeetta ..I would have been happyLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nishita123

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 21)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

This is going around on twitter, if true..it's really sweet of Rajnikant!

"I will act in Kamal Haasan's direction for free, to repay any losses which may occur to him." - Superstar Rajinikanth

God is now with Kamal. Clap

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sam_dean4EvaYankeesFrancoNishita123blue-icepetticoat

Franco

IF-Rockerz

Franco

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
India is going gutter no offense even Pakistan is better

Nishita123

IF-Sizzlerz

Nishita123

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nishita123

OMG NishiHug...So ur fav was Niketan this time...I liked him tooLOL

BI !!!! Hug  Where were you ????    Didn't see you in BB forum at all ?? lolz...yeah Nik ne ghayal kar diya tha is baar LOL...you also liked Niketan , cool !!  who else you liked this time ?? missed your posts in BB forum yaar !! 

Ya...missed the BB forum totally this time...just didn't feel like posting there..but def in the next season...my fav were Nik and Urvashi...koi bhi jeetta ..I would have been happyLOL

Yeah me too - liked Nik/Urvashi...happy with Urvashi's win Big smile 

blue-ice

YoMomma

YoMomma

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

aaand, this is why India continues to stay the way it is. It's because of shitload of drama like this..."oh let's not let a movie release according to the whims and fancies of some over sensitive group. who cares about the other important issues that need to be addressed? nopee, let's just go banning films, letting a 17 year old psychopath go scot free, arrest someone only because they liked a facebook post, and limit the basic freedoms of a catoonist, or human beings in general..." Wacko

Democracy, my foot.

As a Muslim myself I feel quite embarrassed that some other Muslim groups are creating a ruckus over an "issue" like this. Entertainment is meant for entertainment purpose only...if you don't like it, then frickin' ignore it! Don't these people have better things to do in life?

Edited by YoMomma - 30 January 2013 at 10:53pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Francoshamilblue-ice

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wat_up

Why is it that Kamal Hassan is nobody's responsibility?

by Akshaya Mishra Jan 31, 2013

#InMyOpinion #Kamal Hassan

SHOWTIME Original Series 
Order Now for Emmy Winning Original Programming & Get $25 Back OrderShowtime.com
Free Movies for a Month 
Movies & TV Shows. 1 Month Free Trial. Netflix.com
Ads by Google

The silence of the talk-show jingoists and online hyper-patriots on Kamal Hassan is intriguing. Television anchors seeking the resignation of chief ministers at the drop of a hat have been surprisingly quiet ever since the controversy broke out. There have been no questions on the degree of culpability of the state government and the chief minister heading it and none on the role of communal groups stalling the release of the movie Vishwaroopam.

Perhaps, because the subject is not Narendra Modi or Hindutva or politics. An anguished actor contemplating to quit the country after being hounded from several quarters is, after all, a small matter, at least smaller than a minister committing a faux pas during a public meeting. It is interesting too that the film fraternity in Tamil Nadu and elsewhere has largely been muted in its reaction to the developments.

Kamal Hassan. AFP.

Kamal Hassan. AFP.

How come Kamal Hassan is nobody's responsibility? Are cultural icons in the country nobody's responsibility?

The sense of hurt in Kamal Hassan's utterances today was telling. Here's a man with enormous contribution to Tamil cinema in particular and Indian cinema in general over the last 50 years pleading for justice and fairness, which he always felt were his natural due as a citizen of the country and as a towering cultural figure. The part where he says he might shift base to another country may be an emotional outburst of a man feeling wronged, but even the fact that the thought crossed his mind should shame all of us.

Of course, most of us don't care. When celebrated painter MF Husain left the country after being hounded out by the right wingers, hardly anybody gave a damn. There was politics over him and some familiar noise of disapproval but finally he was abandoned to his fate by the political class and others. When he died abroad pining for a last barefeet walk in Mumbai, the city he loved, the sense of collective guilt was conspicuous by its absence.

Nobody was ashamed then, there's no reason why someone would feel sorry for Kamal Hassan. Cultural icons, in effect, are second rate citizens in the country, exposed to the whims and fancies of any group with ideologically blinkered views. Their imposing intellect might win them respect, but it never fetches them friends who matter. Would the actor be in a similar predicament if had powerful political friends? Obviously not.

His plight reveals one disturbing trend in the country. Too much of censorship has crept into our lives. It is being imposed if not by the ruling entities wielding power at the top then by private groups associating themselves with identities. There are vicious efforts to curtail intellectual freedom everywhere. By extension, it also means curtailing individual freedom. The controversy involving Ashis Nandy's comment on corruption is a case in point.

We are creating a world that is increasingly being impatient with nuances and context. The media in hunt for eyeballs and sensationalism have virtually abandoned their role as the intellectual bridge between the thought leaders and the man on the street. The matter has been aggravated by courts involving themselves in every issue. In case of Vishwaroopam, the court had no business interfering when the Censor Board had cleared the matter. As this piece is being written the Madras High Court has stayed the release of the movie for some more days. Consider the loss to the producer of the more than Rs 90 crore movie.

The state was not playing its role by playing it safe. Had it been tougher on the protesters in the beginning itself, maybe the film would be in theatres by now and Kamal Hassan a smiling man. The film fraternity which wields considerable clout in Tamil Nadu has also decided to wait and watch. Clearly, there are failures on multiple fronts.

The problem nobody realises is, if it is Kamal Hassan's movie today, it could be some other movie tomorrow. If protesters of all kinds are allowed to run loose, there won't be any end to it.

For now, let's feel sorry for Kamal Hassan.

Had missed out the first word and halfway thru I knew it was by 'firstpost' when I saw narendra modi & hindutva.
The matter has been discussed over n over again on south indian channels. Dont know abt hindi & english ones. Even if they are not, may be ist bcoz its a south indian movie. (the hibndi version is not out, is it?)

shamil

IF-Sizzlerz

shamil

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by YoMomma

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

aaand, this is why India continues to stay the way it is. It's because of shitload of drama like this..."oh let's not let a movie release according to the whims and fancies of some over sensitive group. who cares about the other important issues that need to be addressed? nopee, let's just go banning films, letting a 17 year old psychopath go scot free, arrest someone only because they liked a facebook post, and limit the basic freedoms of a catoonist, or human beings in general..." Wacko

Democracy, my foot.

As a Muslim myself I feel quite embarrassed that some other Muslim groups are creating a ruckus over an "issue" like this. Entertainment is meant for entertainment purpose only...if you don't like it, then frickin' ignore it! Don't these people have better things to do in life?
it has got to do with politics too. Karunanidhi has already said that there are issues related to satellite rights of the movies for which jaya tv & sun tv are fighting.
And this so called muslim leaders (of TN) can be easily instigated . stupid fellows.

YoMomma

Sano88

IF-Veteran Member

Sano88

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
if you know such movies can make controversy, why to make it ?. If some sort of things were presented for your religion, would you not said the same thing which now muslims said? Whateever religion you're following doesn't give you the right to show whatever you want until you know what exactly happened from A-Z!

Franco

Post Reply New Post

Go to top