Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 26

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Skepblun

Originally posted by Aishh.

He PUT effort into his movie and then it gets banned for nothing. He has all the right to complain.

I think he has all the right to complain but threatening to leave the state or the country just because film is banned is an irresponsible and impulsive statement. A knee jerk kind of reaction from a person of such stature.
Hallelujah...Am i glad to hear that finally from someone...Big smileThe right to complain...ClapClap

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kamal Haasan threatens to leave country (Page 10)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Ummm...just out of curiosity...has any country offered him to come and stay with them...?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Franco

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

Any Tom Dick and Harry can put a ban on film nowadays...
Haircutting guys changed the name of Billu barber to Billu

The lyrics of the song aaja Nachle was changed by a sect of ppl
And now this movie...
Gosh where r the days where movies were a mere source of entertainment...

LMAO.. seriously, W-T-F was that ROFL..

People have started to personalize everything, they fail to understand the concept of entertainment. If you don't agree with the film, watch it move heck on; why ruin it for others Sleepy

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

TexanHoldenFrancoreturn_to_hadesNishita123desicrowdoblivious.blue-ice

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Ummm...just out of curiosity...has any country offered him to come and stay with them...?
LOL, I don't think anyone knows him outside of India.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Francoblue-ice

Franco

IF-Rockerz

Franco

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
All this hooplah has made wanna watch this film now lol. It got 9.3 on IMDB W*F

But I need to find a hindi version that could be tough Embarrassed

atominis

IF-Rockerz

atominis

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by Skepblun

Originally posted by Aishh.

He PUT effort into his movie and then it gets banned for nothing. He has all the right to complain.

<font size="3">I think he has all the right to complain</font> but threatening to leave the state or the country just because film is banned is an irresponsible and impulsive statement. A knee jerk kind of reaction from a person of such stature.

<font size="2">Hallelujah...Am i glad to hear that finally from someone...Big smileThe right to complain...Clap</font>Clap

Right to complain is different in different contexts. At least Kamal Haasan's issue is crystal clear. Unlike other stars who are targetted for something else but they complain over something else.

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitkataha

Those Muslims who cry when the jihadis are shown in a bad light is due of fear. They fear because people who may choose to view the medium, may then perceive that all Muslims are "terrorists". Sleepy  They are afraid of being stereotyped. Films, ads, campaigns are heavily influenced and opinionated and no matter how good the intent, there's always the chance of labeling groups. However, of course, that should not be  a basis of limiting anyone's vision (in this case, the film maker's). The film makers do have the creative liberty, and if a group finds it offensive then they have the right to peacefully protest as well. I am assuming both are part of India's constitution (Which I really doubt anyone takes seriously, due to the recent turn of events). Anyhow, Muslims that fuss when jihadis are shown in a bad light do so because they are misinformed, delusional, or are afraid that they may be unfairly subjugated as well. That's not right. JMHO. Tongue But then all groups do. Wasn't Kurban's poster banned and burnt because Kareena was bareback? Shiv Sena is racist and misinformed, and they thought that the bold gesture suggested by the poster was offensive...so their followers protested...and vandalized along the way. The similar scenario happened with MNIK. Freedom of expression is fine and needed, until it subjugates or unfairly targets another individual/group. But in India it seems like freedom of expression all  together is banned.  You get arrested for liking comments via FB...f**k. 

I don't think the film increases the stereotype in this sense. The target audience is probably very well aware of the jihadis, there are stories in the newspapers everyday. So where does the stereotype come in or the fear of it..?  It's a fact that all jihadis are Muslims but i am sure people don't think all Muslims are jihadis; the film isn't introducing any new stereotype.

IMO, this whole ban is a bunch of bull anyways, people using it to further their useless agendas; get their two minutes of fame. Wacko

Yankees

IF-Rockerz

Yankees

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maroonporsche

All this hooplah has made wanna watch this film now lol. It got 9.3 on IMDB W*F

But I need to find a hindi version that could be tough Embarrassed
I will watch it too but I too wil need to find a hindi version. Cool Not a fan of the guy but I kinda feel bad for him.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top