Debate Mansion

LeT & Pak offer security to SRK

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:02pm | IP Logged

Key 26/ 11 conspirator Hafiz Saeed has said Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan is welcome to move to Pakistan if he feels unsafe in India. "I welcome him ( SRK); I will help him with his stay here," the Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief said in an interview to Express News

After Hafiz Saeed, Pak minister Rehman Malik demands security cover for King Khan

"We are quite capable of taking care of the security of our citizens... They (Pakistan) don't need to worry about it," Union Home Secretary R.K. Singh said reacting to Malik's statement..

I am Indian, father fought for freedom, Shah Rukh Khan says:

NEW DELHI/MUMBAI: Shah Rukh Khan on Tuesday sought to clear the air over his article in an Indian magazine, saying he had written nothing to indicate he felt unsafe in India. "Being an Indian and my parents' child is an unconditional accepted truth of my life and I am very proud of both... Nowhere does the article state or imply directly or indirectly that I feel unsafe... troubled or disturbed in India," Khan said, even as Indian ministers hit back at Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik for suggesting that India provide security to the actor.

Information & broadcasting minister Manish Tewari said all citizens of India were treated equally and asked Malik to redirect his worries to the condition of minorities in Pakistan. The political class in India, cutting across party lines, reacted sharply to Malik's "meddling in India's internal affairs".

In the first-person account, Khan, while recalling his experiences as a Muslim in a post-9/11 world, spoke of how he had become an inadvertent object of political leaders who "choose to make him a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India".

"Whenever there is an act of violence in the name of Islam, I am called upon to air my views and dispel the notion that, by virtue of being a Muslim, I condone such senseless brutality," he wrote. "There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country ' this even though I am an Indian whose father fought for the freedom of India." Following the article, Jamat-ud-Dawa chief and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Sayeed had offered Khan a chance to move to Pakistan if he did not feel safe in India.

Criticizing such reactions to his article from Pakistan, Shah Rukh issued a statement saying, "Ironically, the article I wrote was actually meant to reiterate that on some occasions my being an Indian Muslim film star is misused by bigots and narrow-minded people who have misplaced religious ideologies for small gains... And, ironically, the same has happened through this article... once again."

"We have an amazing, democratic, free and secular way of life. In the environs that we live here in my country India, we have no safety issues regarding life or material. As a matter of fact, it is irksome for me to clarify this non-existent issue... My own family and friends are like a mini-India," he wrote.

Khan implored people to actually read his article before reacting to it, adding that people shouldn't be misled by those who "use religion as an anchor for unrest and a policy of divide and rule". The BJP said Pakistan should not meddle in India's internal affairs...

times of india.com

Why SRK is always centre of controversies !?!
Just wanna say,Why pak minister Malik acted like begani shadi me Abdulla divana... first you take care of people of your country ..give them safty n food first and should not have poke your nose here!!..Indian muslims who believe themselves as Indians in first place rather than their religion... Not only muslims every Indian should believe he is Indian rather than north south or hindu,muslim, christian, zain,sikh... !...This is only a provocation with propaganda behind. Why they wish to give protection to Shahrukh, who is blessed with the love, care and affection of 100 crore Indians.

Edited by Prometeus - 29 January 2013 at 10:58pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroForever-KA

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "LeT & Pak offer security to SRK" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 1:16am | IP Logged
SRK isnt Dawood Ibrahim that he could run his business from Pakistan Silly Dude he gets his daal roti and uh -- much much more from bollywood

Forever-KAVinzy

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prometeus

Why SRK is always centre of controversies !?!

Just wanna say,Why pak minister Malik acted like begani shadi me Abdulla divana... first you take care of people of your country ..give them safty n food first and should not have poke your nose here!!..Indian muslims who believe themselves as Indians in first place rather than their religion... Not only muslims every Indian should believe he is Indian rather than north south or hindu,muslim, christian, zain,sikh... !...This is only a provocation with propaganda behind. Why they wish to give protection to Shahrukh, who is blessed with the love, care and affection of 100 crore Indians.

Some comments

Shahrukh

- Mr. Shahrukh made 200 crores last year.
- He is King Khan of the industry.
- He is darling of many girls ages 20-50 (in some instances men too)
- He has won awards after awards
- Owns a team
- Married to a non-Muslim
- Celebrates all festivals
- Claims that he behaves in secular manner and therefore named kids accordingly
- Comes out as modern and not conservative type or religious
- Lovable and friendly

As an outsider I do not know what to make of all this. There are two ways to look at it

a) If person of that status is complaining then what about ordinary people? Maybe he has a point.
b) Minorities all over the world face such issues where at time of differences some extremists from the majority taunt you. However the majority is not like that. Does that mean you go out and make an issue and give a bad impression of your country? 

Since I am not Indian so cannot tell how minorities are being treated.

Hafiz Saeed

He holds negative views about India so he is using this oppurtunity to taunt them. Nothing news worthy there.

Rehman Malik

This guy is positive person with anti extremism views. He is hard working. His problem is that he has habit of commenting on everyting. His statements change day to day. He make claims only to retract. He has became a joker of sorts so I wont take his comments seriously. Maybe he used this to taunt Indians. lol. 

I agree Pakistan should focus on providing security to own people. These days the intolerance has reached alarming levels. Daily Shias are being killed and then there is infighting among sunnis and ongoing issues of Taliban in Northwest. Karachi is unstable. The last of our worries should be commenting on Mr. Shahrukh Khan. Its a sick joke. Let Indians sort out their own issues. 

hkl75Vinzy

hkl75

hkl75

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
I am a Pakistani n well, comment by Rehman Malik threw me off my guard too. Like seriously, first focus on giving security to people who r dying for no reason everyday instead of throwing open invitations without thinking for a second. 
I do agree that SRK has got some serious knack to get into controversies every now n then. Can't comment more as it would be unjust n totally unfair. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KA

Post Reply New Post

Go to top