Article on Charlie, Benny 'maybe' Amelia returning

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

'Supernatural' Boss: Felicia Day, Ty Olsson and 'Maybe' Liane Balaban Returning on Season 8

Supernatural has built a series eight seasons strong around two main characters, and that is how Executive Producer Bob Singer likes it.

"They're traditional loners, and we wanted to keep it that way… Part of the appeal is they're these 'Last Men Standing,'" Singer said of Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) during a special Q&A in Los Angeles, Calif. on Tuesday.

But, that doesn't mean that the show is ignoring the appeal of some of their recurring players and guest stars.

Of course, Castiel (Misha Collins) will be back sooner, rather than later.

"He's really crucial to the tablet story," Singer said. "He's going through a trial of his own that's personal. Naomi is very unhappy with him; Crowley is very unhappy with him; and he is a confused angel right now."

But additionally, Felicia Day, whose immediate fan-favorite second episode, "LARP and the Real Girl," just aired last week was announced to be returning for a third guest appearance (her second this season) before the end of the year.

"We love Felicia!" Singer said, before noting that they are just starting to break the end of the season in the writer's room and details on her episode are still being worked out.

"This time around, she's going to bring a case to them," he said.

Additionally, Ty Olsson and Liane Balaban both played heavily into the first half of the season's "flashback arc" to set up conflicts and relationships Sam and Dean experienced without each other in the year they were apart. Singer confirmed that the flashbacks are finished for the season, but that doesn't mean so are Olsson and Balaban's times on the show.

"He was really fighting the good fight of trying not to give into his blood lust, and I think Dean having to cut the tie is a hard thing for him. So, we'll explore that — what he'll be going through — we never felt that story was totally ended. It's probably not great drama to end a whole arc on a phone call!" Singer said of Olsson.

When it comes to Balaban, Singer was less willing to commit to a how and a when of a return, only noting that "maybe" she'd reappear down the line.

"We think she's a really valuable character; we liked her a lot; and she certainly creates a new complication in Sam's life. Again, we're just kind of doing the end of the season now in the room, and I know that we've talked about bringing her back, but we don't have anything specific."

Supernatural airs on Wednesdays at 9PM on The CW.

Courtesy: celebuzz.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Well, so I pretty much knew that Benny will be back.  He's trying hard to stay on line and earlier he could always ask Dean for his help.  Now that Dean's ended that, I'm sure he'll slip up. Or at least call Dean for help.

Charlie's return is obviously very exciting! I'm glad she'll be working on a case with Dean and Sam.  Charlie becoming a hunter is a really cool idea but I'm sure she wouldn't want to be a full-time hunter so her appearance here and there will be great.

I wish I could say the same for Amelia.  I'm sorry but I just wasn't impressed by her.  I should have some sympathies for her based on her situation but I'm sorry, I don't.  I can't relate to her for some reason.  But I guess it can be nice if the whole story is wrapped up for once.  Maybe what Sam needs is to tell Amelia face to face that he can't give up hunting.  It's in his blood.
Edited by -Mystery- - 11 years ago
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^ Ditto to what Mahi said about Benny and Charlie. :)

But I am so not sure about Amelia. I was never against a proper, non-mushy, realistic and sensible love interest in Supernatural but every time they tried to give us something, it didn't click. Atleast not for me, except for just one possible pairing which never got a chance to become canon i.e., Dean and Jo. They were the only one who made sense. I hope they fix the mess and do what's best for the show. 

"They're traditional loners, and we wanted to keep it that way' Part of the appeal is they're these 'Last Men Standing,'" Singer said of Sam and Dean Winchester...

^^ Um, I don't really like the traditional loners concept. Didn't expect Singer to sum them up that way. 

Thanks for sharing Mahi. :)
Edited by herms_angel - 11 years ago
SilentSilver thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Charlie will be back Charlie will be back🥳🥳
Will give a proper reply later :P
TimenTIMEagain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yep, i would like to see more epis with Charlie in it :)
-Mystery- thumbnail
@Husna - I am not against any love interest in SPN either, but as you said, nothing they've given us so far has worked for me.  There's no spark, no chemistry, and the boys are never completely happy.  Except Jess and Sam, every other lady love just didn't click, be it Lisa or Amelia.  Dean and Jo made sense because both belonged to the hunting business, both understand the risks and problems involved.  Hunting is not just a part of these boys' life, it's a part of them.  And anyone who can't understand that or asks them to give it up, isn't gonna make them happy.

@Priya - Someone really likes Charlie huh? 😛 Me too!! I agree, I'm most excited about her.  Felicia Day may not be the bestest actor but she does have a really charming personality and she adds a lot of spunk to SPN.

@TimenTIMEagain - We all agree on that! So happy they're bringing her back.
Ephemera thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@mahi..thanks dear...
and i agree with what you said about love interest 100% pc...infact dean and jo were made for each other😃..as they were so alike..in the sense they understood each other...but no...writers weren't happy😡..they had to kill off jo and jess🤔

@husna well me too don't like the "traditional loners" tag...
it kinda defames them...but i thing the chance to change it has long gone by...😡😭