Joined: 18 January 2006
Joined: 02 September 2012
Joined: 29 January 2010
Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner
Joined: 20 June 2008
Joined: 03 September 2012
Joined: 16 May 2012
Joined: 21 February 2008
1. Report incidences of domestic violence that one notices in ones neighbourhood to a designated helpline. Waiting for a victim to lodge a complaint doesn't seem very logical.
2. More pro-active role by the Woman and child commission and NGOs in the country.
3. On receiving complaints the commission needs to ensure that prompt and stern action is taken
4. Regular visits to such homes by social workers/volunteers /NGOs to ensure safety of the woman
5. Support offered to the woman in the form of some vocational training and opportunities to earn a decent livelihood.
6. Decent crche facilities for the women's kids so that she can work without worrying about them.
7. Make domestic violence punishable. ( Short term jail would suffice in most cases to put the fear even in men claiming to possess a "spine" who somehow always prefer to marry spineless women!)
8. Professional counseling for the couple .
9. Repeat offenders to get jail term with compulsory training to make round chappatis. If they fail shove toilet paper down their throats.
10. Set up Reformatory Homes for repeat domestic abusers. Unlike the juvenile board there should be no release unless certified as reformed.
*Feel free to add to the list …
Joined: 07 October 2012
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|Wife sharing...||daisylife||18||4198||04 November 2012 at 11:13pm
|Husband and Wife Relationship - Marriage Debate||The-Voice||20||1802||29 April 2012 at 2:34am
|Wife leaving Hubby taking children away, but why?||Summer3||16||1933||07 July 2011 at 2:45am
|Husband's affair drives wife to suicide||frosty||33||5326||22 June 2011 at 5:48am