India-Forums

Is it OK to be a wife beater? (Page 2)

--arti-- Goldie
--arti--
--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Is it okay to post topics like this? Yes! Because it is so hilarious LOL
Especially because domestic violence doesn't happen at all, ever, and it is so funny to talk about these random, made-up situations that bear absolutely no resemblance to reality in the slightest. What a totally cheerful way to get across the point that DUH, sexism is totally, like dead, and so dead that really smart men on forums can make these awesome jokes about extreme scenarios of wife beating, because everyone knows it could never happen! LOL

Oh, and the best part is that there are definitely no women or girls at all on this forum who have to read this shit, and even if they did, there is zero chance they experienced or witnessed domestic violence in their homes so what the hell, they would have to find it hilarious too.

And if any uptight b*tches have a problem with this or if it triggers anything distasteful or violent for them, then the onus is upon them, of course, to post equally hilarious things about men getting castrated and the like, because of course, it's the same thing, because women and men are treated like total equals in this world, so women should be able to take jokes in the same way that men can. LOL

Also, everybody knows that jokes are totally benign, sterilized and are totally disembodied from human experience so we can just laugh away!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adevzorrroperfectlystillTheBoss_Angie_.Sad.But.True.

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 8:38am | IP Logged
So basically you are looking for a

- gori girl
- with citizenship of western country
- lots of jaheez
- ability to cook light weight, low density, well rounded chapatis

Have I summarized it properly?

I understand you are being sarcastic about people back home. I am sure these things do exist however times have changed a lot also.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBossMcNinjaMahek_No1

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

I don't really think there's anything to really "debate" here, as far as your topic's heading is concerned. Or even remotely discuss, unless you want to talk about the patriarchal state of the world. But "Is it okay to be a wife beater" does not even warrant an answer!! I mean, any sane person in their right mind knows it's not!
C'mon now! Sane people in their riight mind !?   That's outdated!! LOL
Emoticon added for effect.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --arti--

Is it okay to post topics like this? Yes! Because it is so hilarious LOL
Especially because domestic violence doesn't happen at all, ever, and it is so funny to talk about these random, made-up situations that bear absolutely no resemblance to reality in the slightest. What a totally cheerful way to get across the point that DUH, sexism is totally, like dead, and so dead that really smart men on forums can make these awesome jokes about extreme scenarios of wife beating, because everyone knows it could never happen! LOL

Oh, and the best part is that there are definitely no women or girls at all on this forum who have to read this shit, and even if they did, there is zero chance they experienced or witnessed domestic violence in their homes so what the hell, they would have to find it hilarious too.

And if any uptight b*tches have a problem with this or if it triggers anything distasteful or violent for them, then the onus is upon them, of course, to post equally hilarious things about men getting castrated and the like, because of course, it's the same thing, because women and men are treated like total equals in this world, so women should be able to take jokes in the same way that men can. LOL

Also, everybody knows that jokes are totally benign, sterilized and are totally disembodied from human experience so we can just laugh away!
Well put ! Next in line could be a hilarious topic  on bride burning- different methods of burning, the temp preferred and then perhaps gang rape jokes and so on. My bad I fail to se the joke!!! Jokes on rape  was suposed to be about Brit humour or so I was told. What humour does this fall into? American Humour !?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroTheBossMahek_No1

TheBoss IF-Dazzler
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Just so you know I can go on and write a story book about the ongoing issues with our community and their flawed mindset full of archaic and barbaric thoughts but it wouldn't do any good as most people are thick skull-ed to get your point across.

Sarcasm works the best, it brings in a lot of thought provoking and soul searching along with the awkwardness and the guilt feeling attached to it -- it makes people uneasy and something to rethink about.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_Forever-KALaila2009return_to_hadesU-No-Poo.Sad.But.True.Mahek_No1

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

I don't really think there's anything to really "debate" here, as far as your topic's heading is concerned. Or even remotely discuss, unless you want to talk about the patriarchal state of the world. But "Is it okay to be a wife beater" does not even warrant an answer!! I mean, any sane person in their right mind knows it's not!
more sarcasm !!! Shocked Confused --- my head reeling already Wacko LOL

Mahek_No1

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Originally posted by _Angie_

more sarcasm !!! Shocked Confused --- my head reeling already Wacko LOL

But your post wasn't sarcasm, was it? Shocked

Mahek_No1

_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Just so you know I can go on and write a story book about the ongoing issues with our community and their flawed mindset full of archaic and barbaric thoughts but it wouldn't do any good as most people are thick skull-ed to get your point across.

Sarcasm works the best, it brings in a lot of thought provoking and soul searching along with the awkwardness and the guilt feeling attached to it -- it makes people uneasy and something to rethink about.

I gathered you were well motivated while being sarcastic . However I differ about sarcasm working best under all circumstances. My observation is that it is often lost on some people thus falling short of its  intended purpose.   If the message is important it is best to keep it as simple and straightforward as possible, thus reducing any chance of a miscommunication or a misunderstanding.  This holds true especially when the audience is diverse or unknown. I also happen to have serious doubts regarding the thick skulled engaging in any soul searching unless they somehow find themselves in a similar position.

TheBoss

Go to top