Debate Mansion

Is it OK to be a wife beater? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 13

Gumrah...

Gumrah...

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Topic Starter.

Mere Rotiyaan, Chand jaise gol nahin hoti.  i don't have the ability to make 10rotis in a minute. In fact, it takes me 10mins to make 1 roti ( that too square in shape). BUT, fikar not, i have mastered the skill of Packet rotiyaan, all you do is heat them up, and they are almost chand jaise gol in shape and 10 roties can be ready within a minute! . I was hoping ready made packet rotiyaan, will save me from beating.

is it OKAY for me to feed my future husband, packet rotiyaan and microwave meals? I take it he is that useless, that he doesn't even know how to work a microwave, so in that regards i am quite a talented wife as i can work the microwave well :D

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ikeelyouifsaal044TheBossFair-n-luvlyshibz

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is it OK to be a wife beater? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

[K] I am afraid this is too simplistic, too optimistic and too Indian-Administrative-Service-like, Angie. Besides, you are planning on dragging the entire country into the confines of the home.

[K] Women, as a collective entity, need to evolve, and in this process of evolution learn to figure out how to out-smart the strong and acquire more leverage than they currently have, Sorry, but this is definitely not a short-term solution.

K, No one is being dragged into the confines of a home.  A home is where we start off from. Things don't have to be complex in order to succeed. 

In order to get to the long term solution the woman needs to first overcome  her immediate concern  for survival. Only after crossing that bridge of individual survival can she move on as a collective entity.  Real evolution would be realizing ones own inherent strengths that makes one relinquish the need felt  to outsmart anyone.

K.Universe.

K.Universe.

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

In order to get to the long term solution the woman needs to first overcome  her immediate concern  for survival. Only after crossing that bridge of individual survival can she move on as a collective entity.  Real evolution would be realizing ones own inherent strengths that makes one relinquish the need felt  to outsmart anyone.

The way I understand it, it is the populations and not the individuals that evolve.

atominis

IF-Rockerz

atominis

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
It is not at all OK to beat one's wife (or anyone for that matter!). But it's a fact that men feel it's fine to beat a woman if she does too much khit-pit or "gets on your nerves" and a slap or two occasionally is no big deal. Women as usual take it as their kismat and some foolishly also take it as a sign of how much their husband loves them and how possessive he is of them. Some also feel that beating is okay since husband needs an outlet from all the stress he faces, who else will he take his anger on? So it's fine for him to use them as punching bags. And it's their duty to "understand" him and his outbursts!

Beating someone is wrong and no one deserves to take your shit! A wife is an individual, not an animal to be tamed. Beating up for not being able to make round chapatis is foolish and just a sign of control-freak, egomaniac type mentality on man's part.

Stigma around divorce and going to maayka needs to go. Onus of success of marriage shouldn't lie on women alone. MCP men feel they ruined a woman's life or gave her befitting punishment by refusing to keep her. Angry

Gender issues aside, beating up anyone on pretext of disciplining them or teaching them something is wrong and should be discouraged. Beating kids for not writing properly, not doing homework, beating servants if they don't wash utensils or clothes properly or make some mistake in housework...all of it is wrong. As long as people think of beating others as a sign of control, authority, it won't go away from anywhere.

Low status of women is also a problem. Women are different but not inferior. Yet every man seems to have superiority complex and his own notions on how a woman should behave! Partriarchal society aside their own moms are equally responsible for making them feel like they're some kings and discriminating between sons and daughters in upbringing!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBoss

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

The way I understand it, it is the populations and not the individuals that evolve.

Any change in the population essentially has to involve change at an individual level.  

(Studies in epigenomics reveal that epigenetic variation alone can cause significant heritable variation in phenotypic traits.)

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged

There is no perfect husband n wife in this world...perfect marriages are made in heaven and nobody comes back from there so maybe it is true...If you trust a person, you trust her or his freedom too...in India go on using women as if they are just servants or as a property...jst taking care of the children and the kitchen and the house.. their whole life...respect the women/wife as a human being..then he can understand,if anger arises, it is natural...her life is running out and she has not known any joy...just sat by her side sometimes, silently, just holding her hand, not saying a word, just feeling her, and letting her feel you? ..No,tht is not done or rare happen in India ...Smile

Edited by Prometeus - 02 February 2013 at 12:44am

TheBoss

Gunjan.

IF-Dazzler

Gunjan.

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged
The guy being referred to here is sure a misogynist. He's looking for reasons to beat up his wife, even if the reason is as trivial as a 'perfectly round chapati'! Ermm 
The guy needs a beating. 

-Blessed-

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^^

Now that you are here K, do you have any thoughts on how we can address the issue of marital/relationship abuse in society?

oh let me take a shot at it.

for starters, guys should drop the requirement for round rotis .A roti by any other shape will still be flour. It's like toilet paper. Whether you fold it or use it crushed, it's still gonna do the job. Guys need some serious re-think on what's important here, and they can start by having their mind on the toilet LOL.
Roti like tolet papaer Shocked You will have to eat toilet paper in that case LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top