India-Forums

Week 1 Contestant Analysis (Who's the best?)

NehAditya8791 IF-Dazzler
NehAditya8791
NehAditya8791

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Sanaya Irani

Let's face it - Sanaya can't cook for nuts... And before you start bashing me, let me tell you that I love her!... She herself said she's a horrible cook. However, the desserts that she made were really mouth-watering, as i saw from my television. Sanaya's pasta got over-cooked, and the mushroom soup didn't make for an appropriate 'welcome drink'. However, the girl did try hard, and I give her full marks for her effort.

What I didn't like was that she decided to 'sleep' for a few minutes before her guests started to arrive, but then actually ended up oversleeping. She got ready only after her first guest Nigaar had come. But I guess I can't blame it on her, since it's her first time really cooking a 4-course meal for 5 people.

Coming to the entertainment, it was not well planned I must say. She confessed she is very tired, and asked the other contestants to entertain her. However, when everybody got up, she too did. I guess you can say this is her inexperience as a host.

What I loved about Sanaya, though, was that she kept everyone engaged in talks and was really nice to everyone. She spoke very nicely, and gave everyone equal attention. She seemed just like her 'Khushi' personality (and I bet she didn't have to put much effort into the role of Khushi, except be herself) minus all the cooking and jalebi-making skills of course. Her personality seemed to light up the ambiance.

Overall, I don't think Sanaya is very good a host, which I can attribute to her inexperience as one (because until only recently, she was living with her parents). Sanaya also needs to learn how to cook better. Also, perhaps with better organization and starting her preparations before time will benefit. Sanaya probably never had the opportunity before to try to do 'mehmaan-nawaazi', but with practice, and the amount of effort she puts in, she can become the perfect host. As they say, practice makes perfect. With her cheerful spirit, positive attitude, and desire to make everyone happy, she can make the perfect host.

Ragini Khanna

Ragini seems to be fond of cooking. I give her plus points for her innovative ideas - the cloth menu, the paan ice-cream. Unfortunately for Ragini, her food didn't turn out as she planned. Perhaps she was nervous, or conscious of the camera watching her every move, but I won't hold that against her. She did try her best, so the food not turning out proper could be just an unfortunate incident.

I liked Ragini's entertainment plan - the karaoke session. Karaoke sessions are always fun, whether you're with good singers or bad singers. It was a participatory activity that was well planned out. More plus points for that.

Now, coming to Ragini's personality/idea clash with Nigaar... I don't think it was Ragini's fault either. We have seen in many of her interviews before, that she is very straightforward and frank. If she doesn't like some thing, or likes it, she will say it straight to your face. I also think she is strong headed and firm in her views. Perhaps she may say something that you don't like or you misunderstand, but she doesn't mean it. Like Ram Kapoor said on Saturday's 'Review Episode' there was no malice involved, just some misunderstandings due to miscommunication.

Ragini's home was well-decorated. I liked those teddy bears she kept on the cushions (I have a little thing for soft-toys, you see). The ambiance was very nice. Simple, homely atmosphere.

Overall, Ragini was an okay-okay host. Her ideas and organization was good. However, she didn't seem to scrutinize and check if everything went well. Her plan was there, but the execution was not so smooth. Also, I guess she needs to try to be more patient and less brash. I know she didn't intend to show any malice towards Nigaar. Ragini meant well, but was misunderstood by Nigaar, and also misunderstood her as well. If she talks a bit slower, and carefully watches what she talks, she can also become the perfect host.

Nigaar Z. Khan

Speaking again of clash between Nigaar and Ragini... Like Ragini, Nigaar is also quite upfront. She is straightforward and frank, and also quite strong-headed and firm in her views. Unlike Ragini though, Nigaar seems to let emotions affect her a lot. She takes things to heart, and that's why she can misunderstand what someone says. Nigaar is exactly like Ragini, exceppt for their starkly opposite thought processes and ideologies.

Speaking of her whole Mughlai/Muslim theme... I totally loved the idea. Making Biryani is not an easy task, but Nigaar did it nonetheless. When one of her dishes went wrong, she threw is away and made it from scratch. That shows she really cares about what she gives her guests to eat.

The setting and ambiance at Nigaar's home was absolutely fantastic. I never would have thought of the whole scene, so kudos to Nigaar for doing it so well. The Qawwali session for the entertainment was like the cherry on the top - the perfect way to end the night. Even the flowers she tied around all her guests wrists', and the scent (It'r) she put was quite innovative. 

I know that not everything went as planned. For example, her 'Teekha Amrut' drink ended up being too 'teekha' (spicy). Moreover, Andy sneezed and dropped his whole plate of food, shattering the plate and spreading the food. Nigaar, however, was nice enough to help him get another plate, serve him and then only sit to eat. These few mistakes can be overlooked as just unfortunate incidents.

Overall, I think that Nigaar is already the perfect host. Yes, a few incidents riled her up and got her emotional, and not everything went as planned, but Nigaar did a very good job. Infact, I think that Nigaar went all out of her way to make the evening/night perfect for her guests. She took care of her guests very well. Ideas, innovation, planning, organization, execution were all perfect, except for a few minor glitches here and there. But, humans after all are the ones who make mistakes, so I forgive her for this one.

***the rest i'll edit later, perhaps tmr... really tired now so gng to sleep...***

VJ Andy

Manoj Tiwari

Edited by NehAditya8791 - 29 January 2013 at 10:05am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003Sidda8Neloufer.enigmatic_zephy

Naya-hai-wah Goldie
Naya-hai-wah
Naya-hai-wah

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:00am | IP Logged
I think you are late...but nice effort..good review..keep up the good work !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NehAditya8791

NehAditya8791 IF-Dazzler
NehAditya8791
NehAditya8791

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lailakadexter

I think you are late...but nice effort..good review..keep up the good work !

haha, ya i know i'm late, but i thought the analysis would still be nice.. having studied psychology, i find it fun to observe people.. at the end of the show i wud love to do an overall contestant analysis or smth...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Naya-hai-wah

Neloufer. IF-Sizzlerz
Neloufer.
Neloufer.

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
I wished they didnt make Sanaya the first host

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index