TOI: Kids have helped CID sustain : Daya - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
I agree ... kids play an important role in CID !!!! Frankly thinking even many of us when we started watching cid we were kids ... and cid has sustained well due to our contribution 😛 ... ts nice that they give credit to a section that makes a large part of their audience ,.,

And isi bahaane we got to know Daya sir is 43 😉 ... now we can easily calculate the age of the rest 😛 ... and man even at 43 he can easily beat the new comers who are 20 something in terms of handsome quotiet 😃
Well, we know he's 43, don't we??

We also know Adi sir was 37 in 2006 Jan...and 41 during the Manali murder episode in 2010 March.

Its confirmed...Daya sir was born on 11/12/1969 and Adi sir on 21/7/1968.
I agree Bhavna...many of us when started watching we were kids (though i am not in this category) but now we are not kids ðŸ˜† so i dnt agree that only for kids, cid become so successful...there are huge audience like us who are watching cid for a long time...
They give too much importance to kid fans but not grown ups. The only time they properly mentioned female fans is in that SBS segment before AKI. That lady mentioned 'ladkiyon ki saansen ruki hui hain'... 😳... maybe that lady who was announcing is also like one of us...😉
Xactly yaar...😳 this speech of Daya really hurts ðŸ’” sirf bachhe aur hum log ðŸ˜­
It sure includes us too, 15 years back most of us were kids :D we have been part of the contributing group. Anyway Current CID no way caters to adults. All of us a kids at heart and hence continue to view.
Edited by kanak. - 11 years ago
Agree with both your views Deba & Kanak... But kanak.. we don't stay kids all our life right... But in one way yes.. we might be kids at heart...but if they take percentage.. then I am sure the percentage of elderly people will be much more than kids.. afterall.. i wonder what a 6 -8 old kid will understand in CID 😕 Is blindly watching and enjoying door breaking is all that CID is 😕
Exactly as they told that majority audience is kid...i cant agree this...yeah kids r part of it but not the majority...17-18 year r not kids 😆 & i think 15-40 is the majority audience of cid 😳
Arey don't underestimate kids. They think present gen kids like childish stuff but it is not so. Even kids like intelligent cases. even kids like to see the real CID team investigating...not a bunch of kids pretending to be trio.
Originally posted by astonish

afterall.. i wonder what a 6 -8 old kid will understand in CID 😕 Is blindly watching and enjoying door breaking is all that CID is 😕

A 6 year old, speaking of when I was 6 (no way close to what today's 6 years old are), I would have enjoyed see a good man beat up the bad guys, break doors, some hansi majak and done. Thats all CID caters to now. Where is the intelligence in what we see. I totally agree its long run is due to kids. For a lot of adults it is a better version of Comedy Circus. Leave brains aside and have a good laugh.
Edited by kanak. - 11 years ago