Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode 181 Discussion: 29th Jan 2013 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 11

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Courtesy : ...RamonaG...

TOI : Real life inspires telly soaps/ MB

TOI Article

Television, a medium which primarily targets women audience is now coming up with storylines that showcase social issues, particularly after the strong impact that the recent Delhi gang rape incident has made. Recent tracks in Parvarrish... Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi, Kaali... Ek Punar Avatar, Qubool Hai, Amrit Manthan, Har Yug Mein Ayega Ek Arjun,Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, et al have taken creative inspiration from real life incidents of honour killings, child trafficking, domestic violence and rape. 

Amrit Manthan had a track where the protagonist stands up against crimes against women; in Madhubala.. Ek Ishq Ek Junoon is a victim of domestic violence who ran away to prevent female infanticide of her newborn shoots her devilish husband; Kaali.. Ek Punar Avatar is loosely based on the Nitish Katara honour killing case; Qubool Hai also had an entire track on honour killing; in Parvarrish... Kuch Khatti Kuch MeethiKaali... a teenager saves herself from a possible molestation and kidnap.

Call it a bid to introducing more relatable content or creating more awareness, TV shows are inspired from real life incidents in a big way. Prashant Bhatt, weekday programming head of a renowned General Entertainment Channel (GEC) says, "Social issues have always inspired television. Reel always takes inspiration from real life."

Banking just on real life incidents is not enough, say many. Producer Saurabh Tewary says, "TV soaps are moving away from the regular saas bahu dramas and with shows catering to women between 15-35 years ,the narrative has to be one that the audience can identify with. One must marry entertainment with the incidents so that there is synergy and the idea is in sync with the storyline."

Channel heads/producers and actors feel TV shows also need to do their bit in social reforms. "Audiences connect with stories on women empowerment," says Tewary. Concurs Bhatt, "If a show manages to bring in some positive changes in one life, the purpose is served. TV is not about setting fashion trends only."

Drawing inspiration from real life incidents, says Ajit Thakur, head and general manager of a GEC, is "another way of storytelling and content needs to reflect real life because that's more relatable." Actor Adaa Khan too seconds the move, "Everyone relates to the real life incidents.TV soaps are basically reflecting what is happening in the society. It is also our responsibility to emphasis on the need for change in the society."

As to whether reality finds a taker in the audience only time (and TRPs) will tell. Till then let the drama build up on the small screen.

Violence against women
The burning issue of female infanticide was the base point from where the subsequent tracks of Madhubala Ek Ishq Ek Junoon started off. Other shows that are currently talking about domestic violence et al, include Phir Subah Hogi, Junoon Aisi..., and Balika Vadhu

Honour killings
Barely months after Aamir Khan brought to light the Khap Panchayat's brutal honour killings in a Rajasthan village in Satyamev Jayate, TV soaps are using it for dramatic effect. Shows likeQubool Hai, Har Yug Mein Ayega Ek Arjun, Adaalat etc. have addressed the issue.

Real to reel
Loosely based on the Nitish Katara honour killing case, Kaali ..Ek Punar Avatar was given a prestigious 8 pm slot with Mangal Kenkre as the female protagonist fighting for justice . Other shows that have aped real to reel situations are Parvarrish Kuch Khatti Kuch MeethiAmrit Manthan and Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke (recent episodes in these shows took off from the Delhi gang rape case).

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 29 January 2013 at 2:42pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Ramlatekatebhakti2Zorica_Bgdzoya_naziyaAnanya05_charu_leelaa9

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Episode 181 Discussion: 29th Jan 2013 (Page 6)" in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
I hope that is written correctly?
corrected, Shri thank you!

Edited by zorica - 29 January 2013 at 3:34pm

Sub_Ramvkk2429latekatebhakti20-SD-0zoya_naziyaAnanya05leelaa9

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zoya_naziya

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

• Madhu - Pati became more important than Maa, when she has hardly time left to prepare Mom for her appearance in court. Madhu, maana you are a Drama Queen and will rescue your mother, lekin thodi insaaniyat dikha deti...you should have atleast gone to mom and yet again tried to make her talk. Doesn't it mean something...The Indian Police as it is do not treat victims for shock, as in no shock absorption words said...as a family and daughter, shouldn't you have tried and said..."Mom because of you I am alive...Please talk to me, talk to us" Sigh !!! D'ohMay be Radhaji's "Dipali ne sab kuch tayyaar kiya hai" sent her shivers and she decided to go and check on her and RK at the first pretext she has ROFL

ETA:
My curiosity still remains. 
How did Trishna know that RK was promoting her ?

@Pati becoming imp than Ma: IMO, Madhu was consistent with her behavior there. RK had emotionally distanced himself from her... Whenever a situation arises where she feels that RK is not with her, she is always going to prioritize RK more than anyone else in the world... 

She prioritizes RK and goes to him... once again puts back all his fears to the grave and displays her faith in him... Then she has RK by her side...  and now she knows that he would take care of everything as always...  This act once again satisfies the lines of her song.."Bekaraar mein karaar and tu hi maula, tu hi qazi...

@RK promoting Trish:
Situation: Madhu is baffled as to why RK is avoiding her and pushing her away
Problem: They need to make RK the karaar in her bekaraar and hence have to make everything rosy between the couple..For that Madhu should come to know the reason behind RK's stance...
Solution: Let Trishna's big fat mouth run... Uske liye plot-hole created... And Trash Trish spills out everything to her...

Trishna's big fat-mouth was already used once to clear their MU. 

Hey Zoya,

That was my sarcastic humour post of the day LOL. I was in no mind to review the episode, actually incapable of doing it. So I just laughed myself off with whatever I could. 

I loved reading everyone else' views today. Felt nice taking rest LOL today, but still added my comments. Honest, I was fair in all my comments and had no intention to belittle anyone. I just gave an observation as to what it is coming out as.

And coming to that repetitive Bekaraar me tu hi Karaar clunk...they can axe the supporting cast characteristics and for all that love and screen time of 10 minutes footage, the jodi cannot even create the magic of passion. How much of clunk is that ???? Angry

Instead, here I am reduced to visualize passion between the characters reading your posts like fiction...yes, all your lovely thoughts add more fuel to it than it actually can be interpreted. 

And hope you will not discard me as senseless person. I know what is passion. If Madhu can forget her mother, retrace her steps from the Police Station, then where is the passion expressed ? Everything cannot be sanely emotional, there should be zany passion also expressed. If that is taboo for TV, then the PH and creatives should refrain from burning out Hum Hai Deewane song for the leads nor they crucify supporting cast.

Anyways your explanations makes me posit a question.

If sense of loss of Madhu makes RK go limp and listless and he becomes self-destructive in pain (we saw this three times, post love confession, post test of love revelation and now today), what happens to Madhu when she experiences loss of RK ? As in give examples.

1) She feels as if her heart stopped, when he was shot
2) She felt resolute in winning him back post love confession
3) She was waiting for him entire night post test of love revelation
4) And yesterday, she was hysterical. And today she came back as if he only existed for her. But seriously did the writer/director needed to add Surprise element there ?!!!! Confused Of course The ED peeps have presented an argument that her drama actually led Rishabh to come out clean with her...but seriously ...was that the way they are going to resolve the tension between them ? I mean, I don't mind anger, but I want anger without surprise. That speaks of her passion. I was watching Junglee (1960's movie) on Sunday...even Saira Bano in that old movie had more passionate anger to tackle her beau. No one needs manipulative surprise when you are confronting your loved one. There is no patience left except to express passion...so question is why does her mind work instead of her heart and passions ? Confused

And seriously enuf of showing how RK gets weaker with sense of loss for her, show me the sense of loss of what Madhu can do to herself if RK were to die. I still feel clueless. Just a hysterical reaction does not give me any answer and after today that cold okay upgrading to breezy hug plain confused me...I was like...for this you retraced from the Police station leaving your mother, who should be a priority to you now...obviously RK was mortally out of danger...and if you did come get him back emotionally, why didn't you say...okay I am heading back to PS.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Rambhakti2Zorica_Bgdzoya_naziya_charu_leelaa9

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorica

I hope that is written correctly?

Zorica,

It should be Jhooth ...if you wanted to write Lies

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 29 January 2013 at 3:21pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_RamZorica_Bgdzoya_naziyaleelaa9

dramacrazy12

Goldie

dramacrazy12

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 3:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by zoya_naziya

• Madhu - Pati became more important than Maa, when she has hardly time left to prepare Mom for her appearance in court. Madhu, maana you are a Drama Queen and will rescue your mother, lekin thodi insaaniyat dikha deti...you should have atleast gone to mom and yet again tried to make her talk. Doesn't it mean something...The Indian Police as it is do not treat victims for shock, as in no shock absorption words said...as a family and daughter, shouldn't you have tried and said..."Mom because of you I am alive...Please talk to me, talk to us" Sigh !!! D'ohMay be Radhaji's "Dipali ne sab kuch tayyaar kiya hai" sent her shivers and she decided to go and check on her and RK at the first pretext she has ROFL

ETA:
My curiosity still remains. 
How did Trishna know that RK was promoting her ?

@Pati becoming imp than Ma: IMO, Madhu was consistent with her behavior there. RK had emotionally distanced himself from her... Whenever a situation arises where she feels that RK is not with her, she is always going to prioritize RK more than anyone else in the world... 

She prioritizes RK and goes to him... once again puts back all his fears to the grave and displays her faith in him... Then she has RK by her side...  and now she knows that he would take care of everything as always...  This act once again satisfies the lines of her song.."Bekaraar mein karaar and tu hi maula, tu hi qazi...

@RK promoting Trish:
Situation: Madhu is baffled as to why RK is avoiding her and pushing her away
Problem: They need to make RK the karaar in her bekaraar and hence have to make everything rosy between the couple..For that Madhu should come to know the reason behind RK's stance...
Solution: Let Trishna's big fat mouth run... Uske liye plot-hole created... And Trash Trish spills out everything to her...

Trishna's big fat-mouth was already used once to clear their MU. 

Hey Zoya,

That was my sarcastic humour post of the day LOL. I was in no mind to review the episode, actually incapable of doing it. So I just laughed myself off with whatever I could. 

I loved reading everyone else' views today. Felt nice taking rest LOL today, but still added my comments. Honest, I was fair in all my comments and had no intention to belittle anyone. I just gave an observation as to what it is coming out as.

And coming to that repetitive Bekaraar me tu hi Karaar clunk...they can axe the supporting cast characteristics and for all that love and screen time of 10 minutes footage, the jodi cannot even create the magic of passion. How much of clunk is that ???? Angry

Instead, here I am reduced to visualize passion between the characters reading your posts like fiction...yes, all your lovely thoughts add more fuel to it than it actually can be interpreted. 

And hope you will not discard me as senseless person. I know what is passion. If Madhu can forget her mother, retrace her steps from the Police Station, then where is the passion expressed ? Everything cannot be sanely emotional, there should be zany passion also expressed. If that is taboo for TV, then the PH and creatives should refrain from burning out Hum Hai Deewane song for the leads nor they crucify supporting cast.

Anyways your explanations makes me posit a question.

If sense of loss of Madhu makes RK go limp and listless and he becomes self-destructive in pain (we saw this three times, post love confession, post test of love revelation and now today), what happens to Madhu when she experiences loss of RK ? As in give examples.

1) She feels as if her heart stopped, when he was shot
2) She felt resolute in winning him back post love confession
3) She was waiting for him entire night post test of love revelation
4) And yesterday, she was hysterical. And today she came back as if he only existed for her. But seriously did the writer/director needed to add Surprise element there ?!!!! Confused Of course The ED peeps have presented an argument that her drama actually led Rishabh to come out clean with her...but seriously ...was that the way they are going to resolve the tension between them ? I mean, I don't mind anger, but I want anger without surprise. That speaks of her passion. I was watching Junglee (1960's movie) on Sunday...even Saira Bano in that old movie had more passionate anger to tackle her beau. No one needs manipulative surprise when you are confronting your loved one. There is no patience left except to express passion...so question is why does her mind work instead of her heart and passions ? Confused

And seriously enuf of showing how RK gets weaker with sense of loss for her, show me the sense of loss of what Madhu can do to herself if RK were to die. I still feel clueless. Just a hysterical reaction does not give me any answer and after today that cold okay upgrading to breezy hug plain confused me...I was like...for this you retraced from the Police station leaving your mother, who should be a priority to you now...obviously RK was mortally out of danger...and if you did come get him back emotionally, why didn't you say...okay I am heading back to PS.

Interesting Shri...

I agree with you ...Madhubala's reactions seemed too watered down to me for some reason. I expected
1) Her to defend RK passionately in front of Trishna. She should have said something like "Mujhe sochne ki jaroorat nahi ha mujhe pata hai RK ne aisa kyon kiya hoga" or "Didu...tumhari galti ki wajah se RK ki jaan jaa sakti thi...uska zimmedaar kaun hota"
2)When she sees RK drinking, she should have thrown a tantrum instead she calmly wanted to talk.
3) This was the oddest piece, she seemed to display no guilt at all that she was somehow the reason for getting RK hurt or that RK could have died while trying to save her. She thanks himConfused...instead she should have been feeling guilty for putting his life at risk or crying over what she would have done if something happenned to him.

While RK seems to have self-doubt sometimes, Madhu rarely seems to have the same. With all the drama that she has created in RK's life, never does once she feel that RK might have been better off without her.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_RamZorica_Bgdlatekatebhakti2Angeena0-SD-0zoya_naziyaAnanya05_charu_leelaa9

Drashtifan4ever

IF-Sizzlerz

Drashtifan4ever

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
so dumbfounded? dont know what to say? Although Trishna deserved slap dont mean to be promoting violence or a violent shaking to get back to the sensible world. She comes up with all kinds of stories. That RK would plot all this and at the same time help her family so much with the hidden evil plan???? She'll use every excuse in the book before she accepts responsiblity. Always been my problem with her character. I mean her career was never anyone else's  responsibility so why did she keep on blaming everyone that came her way?  Another thing is drinking when your blood count is low has a much stronger affect. Was RK really under that much stress? For what? Was he going to loose Madhu really without even once consulting his wife on his guilt he just kept on thinking of the worse outcomes. I guess it happens once ppl are in shock but honestly I think Madhu is the only one behaving sensibly here. Where did Roma run off to again she is the only one who knows how to knock some sense into Trishna? 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Rambhakti2_Darling_zoya_naziyaleelaa9

Zorica_Bgd

Goldie

Zorica_Bgd

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Shri, nehakariba, Sub_Ram, MM,
Angeena, Soundarya, _charu_,
Ananya, dramacrazy12, Zoya,
Bhakti, Leela, Red_Opium 

ClapClapClap

Edited by zorica - 29 January 2013 at 4:03pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Rambhakti2Angeena0-SD-0zoya_naziyaAnanya05_charu_Drashtifan4everleelaa9

Sima14

Sima14

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gurtiluv

so dumbfounded? dont know what to say? Although Trishna deserved slap dont mean to be promoting violence or a violent shaking to get back to the sensible world. She comes up with all kinds of stories. That RK would plot all this and at the same time help her family so much with the hidden evil plan???? She'll use every excuse in the book before she accepts responsiblity. Always been my problem with her character. I mean her career was never anyone else's  responsibility so why did she keep on blaming everyone that came her way?  Another thing is drinking when your blood count is low has a much stronger affect. Was RK really under that much stress? For what? Was he going to loose Madhu really without even once consulting his wife on his guilt he just kept on thinking of the worse outcomes. I guess it happens once ppl are in shock but honestly I think Madhu is the only one behaving sensibly here. Where did Roma run off to again she is the only one who knows how to knock some sense into Trishna? 

Agree on Trishna.. She is one irritated selfish brat and getting away too easily.. I was hoping Madhu bajoa her nicely when she said it was all RK's plan to bring back balraaj in their lives..I was surprised why Madhu stayed quiet..

Edited by Sima14 - 29 January 2013 at 4:53pm

Sub_Ramlatekatebhakti2Zorica_Bgdzoya_naziya0-SD-0Drashtifan4everleelaa9

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.