Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode 181 Discussion: 29th Jan 2013 (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 11

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angeena

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Yes I was upset with Madhu's silence for two reasons
  1. She did not defend her husband when someone grossly accused him
  2. She did not answer baseless accusations from her sister, thus not giving a message to Trishna that Madhu cannot and will not take shit and she better behave. This is how the errant family member starts adhering to code of conduct, and this is how a world becomes a tolerable place to live. That is why we have enforcement agencies. We just don't walk away in indifference as if what the person said was not worth answering...again the person was not a stranger who said that. They shared same fathers and mother.

Maybe that was Madhu's way of saying "You are not worth the time it will take to argue with you." But I must say an expression of derision or maybe just a shake of her head to show what she thought of Trishna's ridiculous allegations would have been nice.

@bold
At the minimum I expected that. And therefore, I said surprise surprise. Her walking away flatly duped me that she was gonna confront her husband black and blue.  And trust me, I am not a bad reader of people with whom I interact. What Madhu did was plain unacceptable. She can be termed arrogant and at the same time insensitive. I am having doubts, if she had kids to defend on spot, would she have done full justice with the bully ? She failed to show sensitivity to her mother...if she was depending on RK to deal with her mother problem, then she did not show that need on her face.

And of course all of this can be blamed on CVs squarely. Because a crime and punishment drama is not dealt in 40 minutes. In real life, it takes days going to weeks to deal with issue and make sense of it and here they rushed everything that characters...whatever they are doing is not making sense.

And seriously, I should have stayed away from all analysis, like I reminded myself today morning, its a melodrama...don't react, don't react and  YET here I am ranting. I will stop now. I am sorry for being so carried away.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2Zorica_Bgdvkk2429Angeenazoya_naziyaAnanya05maria090_charu_leelaa9

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Episode 181 Discussion: 29th Jan 2013 (Page 10)" in Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

Thanks Zoya. Your subsequent questions have been answered by Pooja, myself, Munni and Charu.

Seriously, Madhu needs to behave like a woman first...apply her dimaag later. We are all women here...married and experienced. And we know when our husband or children of family needs be defended or protected. One doesn't walk out from immediate offence and just deal with the person who is again going to set right all things for us. Pathetic way of dealing. 

Madhu does not say anything to Dips or Trishna in this TV soap, not because she is woman extraordinaire and works completely differently from all the rest of the women of the world...its because CVs choose her to give AMBIGUOUS expressions, so that the anticipation that she will say something, the angst that she may have felt, the surprise felt by her husband at her understanding is also felt in pristine manner by the audience as well. They think all this give a build up of drama.

You know what... it may help whomsoever it may be helping...but to me Madhu does not much make sense.  What's the fun for me now ? Just to watch her be a Gauri of Shahrukh Khan ? Just managing the man and the man will take care of her problems. I know it is not the case at all...therefore, the CVs need to be be sensible and understand woman's sensibilities as well. If they cannot, then they may as well make her typical soap heroine, so that we absorb the shock that she gives at her sometimes inadequate responses.

In today's Trishna scenario...she could have said one thing sarcastically to Trishna, Yeah he planned to wreak havoc on our family by bringing Balraj in and yet he decided to risk his life to save us...come on don't tell me that Trishna is not a person who will listen and so use talking to her...if we go to psychological care...not answering Trishna will cause her to become more psychotic. And who is Madhu to Trishna ? She is a sister and not a stranger to just walk away from there. In families, if fights happen, they happen for a reason. Silence is no answer, it means breeding more illness

Yes I was upset with Madhu's silence for two reasons
  1. She did not defend her husband when someone grossly accused him
  2. She did not answer baseless accusations from her sister, thus not giving a message to Trishna that Madhu cannot and will not take shit and she better behave. This is how the errant family member starts adhering to code of conduct, and this is how a world becomes a tolerable place to live. That is why we have enforcement agencies. We just don't walk away in indifference as if what the person said was not worth answering...again the person was not a stranger who said that. They shared same fathers and mother.

excellent post Shri..this one and where u replied to Priya abt RK Clap

i find it very odd that she takes a few statements from him so lightly...on 29dec, when he asked her "i'm not unlucky in love na" , it didn't ring a warning bell in her head ke something is wrong n something is brewing in his mind which needs to be tackled...Confused instead, she smiled n said "nahii" LOL

and yest. when he said "tum mujhe chod ke toh nahi jaogi" , all of us were shocked  ke frm where it's coming and she's so cool about it and nodded her head "nahi" ConfusedLOL at least react properly "are you mad? what made you think that way" ?  a better response may be..what happens is that when he's not reassured properly, he again makes that mistake of not trusting her...

Edited by _charu_ - 30 January 2013 at 1:41am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Ramvkk2429bhakti20-SD-0Ananya05maria090leelaa9

Soundarya22

IF-Dazzler

Soundarya22

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

, like I reminded myself today morning, its a melodrama...don't react, don't react and  YET here I am ranting. I will stop now. I am sorry for being so carried away.

My thoughts are getting carried away, trying to defend apni heroine. So am going to stop as wellLOL. I have to remind myself...it is a daily soap, it is a daily soap, my dinner entertainment, I don't know Madhu as a real person. LOL.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Rambhakti2Zorica_Bgdriver123Angeena0-SD-0Ananya05_charu_maria090leelaa9

dramacrazy12

Goldie

dramacrazy12

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:41pm | IP Logged

Savz, Priya

Lovely reviews.

Priya,
Agree on every word you said there. 

RE RK character
Greatest clunk was making RK feel guilty and him think that Madhu will leave him. Fine guilt is okay, but leaving...Come on there is a limit to playing out his insecurities. At this rate, the guy would have been a failure in the past 5 years in much easier manner. The CVs are OVERDOING insecurities. As a person who very closely understood RK, I feel it very haphazard to make him feel guilty to the extent of him saying, would you have left me ? That's just beyond belief.

If this is not overdoing, then I guess they are giving a hint for future story where RK will self-fulfil Madhu's leaving him by his senseless insecurity attacks. And if they want to harvest this trait of RK for future story, then my advise to CVs. stop showing a smiling and secure RK, start showing the man the RK as exercing, painting, sculpting, recreating, reading and make him indulge in morbid thinking. This will show us that essentially the man is still a bit loner and it then becomes easier to understand his insecurities. This is good for TRP as well, because people need to absorb the character traits and retain it in their memory instead of staying confused...UNLESS CVs want people to remain confused...but again this will cause drop in TRP...since people don't like confusion, people like to understand, judge, cry, feel and see the drama.

RE Madhu character, 
You have said and many of us have said it and my above post is about that.

Just for the fun of it, I am going to play devil's advocate to justify Madhu's and RK'S character. Let us see what all of you think...

My biggest complaint with Madhu's character has been there seems to be no logical pattern to her thought process and actions. She seems to randomly pick people to reprimand, walk away from, trust or even get upset at. She is very sensitive to one person's pain but seems completely oblivious to that of an another. This makes her character come across very weak, clunky and hapazard, something that writers change at a minute's notice based on sitution or demand of the storyline.

However if you consider the big picture Madhu has been a puppet in the hands of fate and destiny right from the start of the story. The story revolves around her and her interactions with other but she is powerless for most part. Since the beginning of the show I have not seen her make a single decision except one- accuse RK for hit and run. Her decision did not turn out favorably for her family so that must have cost her some confidence. Almost every other decision from marraige with Mukund, working on the night of engagement, marrying RK, feeling something for him, timing of confession, agreeing to the decision of taking sanyas, Padmini remarraige...were not initiated by her . Some else initiated the idea or took the decision and she complied with it eventually.

To top it off no one around her seems to be the person they project to be- Mukund, the deeply in love boyfriend turns out to be simpering weasel, RK the beast turns out to be prince with golden heart and acerbic tongue, Sympathetic Dips turns out to be jealous ex-gf wanting a relationship with RK, calm and collected Shamsher turns out to be capable of coldblooded murder, Padmini seems to nurse some hidden feelings for Shamsher, Trishna's producer turms to be crazy murderous birth father, Loving trishna turns out to be a bitter and ambitious person ready to sell out her family for realizing her dreams.

My point is that Madhu is trying to find her footing and balance in constantly changing array of relationships and circumstances. By the time she seems to be ready to make a decision or find her footing, life throws her an another challenge. This leaves her in a constant cycle of reactive mode.  She does not seem to know what to think anymore and she rarely gets time to make a decison or be logically consistent about anything. The way she deals with every circumstance is that she priortizes the people that are impacted by it and then works her way towards the result that she wants.She does seem to priortize RK's well being and emotional stability over everything else.In RK/Radha scenario she priortizes Radha in order to fillful her promise once she sees that it will not impact RK negatively in long run. Today she priortizes RK because she realizes that it is useless to argue with Trishna and her mothers has rest of the family around while RK is in self-destructive mode with his guilt. She need him to be same and by her side as a priority.Same goes with Dips/RK scenario, she priortizes building her relationship with RK and winning his trust rather than engage Dips once she realizes that RK is not interested in Dips.The only time she has missed is after love-confession when she hesitates in making a promise to RK.

Now coming to RK..He reads emotional undercurrents very well. He also knows that he has not been very nice to Madhu in past and feels somewhat unworthy of her unquestioning love and trust. He knows that Madhu trusted him and he broke her trust by testing her love and hiding the truth from her. From his perspective his wife is devoted to her family and his carelessness/bad decision has brought much sorrow at a joyous event. He also knows that he hid the truth from his wife and if his wife were to get mad at him and misunderstand him then she would not be wrong in light of his recent love test and the current circumstances. He punished his mother for 14 long years for something she did not do because of his perception. Madhu could also do the same to him after what happenned with her mother.  would say hs insecurity made complete sense to me at current juncture. In fact if Madhu did not have the kind of understanding she has of her husband, she would have reacted exactly as RK expected.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Rambhakti2RSP04Zorica_Bgdvkk2429river123AngeenaAnanya050-SD-0maria090_charu_leelaa9

Sub_Ram

Sub_Ram

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soundarya22

, like I reminded myself today morning, its a melodrama...don't react, don't react and  YET here I am ranting. I will stop now. I am sorry for being so carried away.

My thoughts are getting carried away, trying to defend apni heroine. So am going to stop as wellLOL. I have to remind myself...it is a daily soap, it is a daily soap, my dinner entertainment, I don't know Madhu as a real person. LOL.

I agree. This is only a soap and entertainment I look forward to. There are so many things Madhu could do, Trishna could do, Ballu could have done. if one goes realistically, Ballu would have shot dead Madhu by now. But this soap need to cater to everybody...people of all mentality, personae, a set age group,meet  TV channel sensibilities, and of course make money and hearts in the bargain in the short period of time every day. So, I keep my limits on what I can expect. At the same time, wanting CVs to meet the basic fundamentals of fiction, story telling, and characterization. As long as these are met, the CVs are doing justice to their art.
My view points.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

RSP04Zorica_Bgdvkk2429river123anastasia210-SD-0Ananya05maria090_charu_leelaa9

Ananya05

IF-Rockerz

Ananya05

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Shri, Zoya, Charu, MM, dramacrazy12, Angeena, Soundarya, Gurtiluv...Excellent analysis of RK and Madhu's characters...Clap
It was a pleasure reading all your wonderful write-ups..Smile

Edited by Ananya05 - 30 January 2013 at 12:34am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

bhakti2river123Angeena0-SD-0maria090Drashtifan4ever_charu_

_charu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_charu_

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged

And coming to that repetitive Bekaraar me tu hi Karaar clunk...they can axe the supporting cast characteristics and for all that love and screen time of 10 minutes footage, the jodi cannot even create the magic of passion. How much of clunk is that ???? Angry

Instead, here I am reduced to visualize passion between the characters reading your posts like fiction...yes, all your lovely thoughts add more fuel to it than it actually can be interpreted. 

LOLThumbs Up true ! as such they're acting like they r the only ones on this planet..(much of it is attributed to the CV's)...like i said "two hopeless people in love hopelessly" but i still love them..i loved Madhu in hysteric mode yest..it's stupid yet enduring...bec. it's a gr8 feeling to feel so much for a person who was unknown to you sometime back...it comes naturally for our family members and our blood (our kids) but with husband ? husband wife relationship is very very  special ... dil se banaya hua dil ka rishta Day Dreamingdillogical...Madhu should be with her mother or with RK , the opinions might differ, she can go either way , both ways it's right...CV's shouldn't be rushing it up

@Pooja, Priya, superlike Thumbs UpClap

Pooja,  the way Madhu deals with Trishna and RK with Dips is a major disappointment till date...both of them r speechless in front of Trish and Dips...what is the threshold actually? Trishna accused Madhu of marrying RK on purpose, destroying her career, the family repo, cursed her, and is now blaming RK for plotting this whole drama for some weird unknown reason LOL ab bhi Madhu doesn't feel the need to shut her up? Dips has been consistently trying to create MU b/w Madhu and RK but no affirmative action from his side...may be bec. there is no villain or vamp here, they want to keep these 2 characters continue doing what they r best at..Dead

Edited by _charu_ - 30 January 2013 at 3:38am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Sub_Ramvkk2429bhakti2river123Ananya050-SD-0maria090leelaa9

0-SD-0

IF-Rockerz

0-SD-0

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged
TRP Break up and Comparison since week 2 until week 3 (7th Jan to 26th Jan)

Don't have any break up for week one, but the average for the week 1 was 4.1

Seems afterall SPOILERS, PROMOS, NEWS Brings the TRPs and that's why Colors giving out so much news.

Courtesy - WEEEK2

NEWS FROM RAGHUVIR JI TRP WITH BREAKDOWN - by Manesha 76

Courtesy- WEEK 3 & 4

What fetches TRPs? - Nishi.Singh

Last week Action Drama actually RESTORED MEIEJ its lost TRP since the beginning of the month, when it started with 4.1 and it had gone down to 3.1 by the end of Jan 3rd week. So the fourth week went back to 4.1 and ending with 3.7. This week's average is 3.6 being 5th in overall GEC ranking.

January 2013
Episode NoDateTRPHighlights
1581st Jan 2013Unexpected Meets, Offers and rejections but emotions explored
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage Track, Trishna movie with Balraj Track
1592nd Jan 2013When Slap grows heavier than the Prank.
Daamad ne Saasuma se mazaak kiya to Saasuma ne Daamaad ko thappad mara!
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage Track
1603rd Jan 2013Punar Vihah Promotion for Padmini by Radha
1614th Jan 2013Shamsher confesses his love for Padmini and RK replaces Maa in Madhu's Hauslon se veer hoon mantra
1625th Jan 2013Padmini Shamsher agree to get married and Balraj coming to chawl. Padmini-Shamsher Marriage Track, Roma Re-entry, Balraj sees his barbaadi
1637th
Jan 2013
3.9Family Picture Taking and Exhibition to Balraj
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage Track, Balraj sees his barbaadi, RK-Radha reconcilation, Saat Phera marriage Track
1648th
Jan 2013
3.9RK and Madhu kaSapno ka aashiyana, Atit tyagna -Padmini's Visarjan of her symbols from first marriage
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage Track, Let's Leave the stardom Track
1659th
Jan 2013
3.7Padmini-Shamsher wedding preparations and BSC Productions begin
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage, Trishna ko Heroine banao
16610th
Jan 2013
3.5Paison ki Khairaat !! Paison ki Barsaat !!! Maze loote ya Darr jaayen !!!!
Let's Leave the stardom Track,Trishna ko Heroine banao, Padmini-Shamsher Marriage
16711th
Jan 2013
3.5Padmini aur Shamsher ki Shaadi ki Tareekh pakki ho gayi - 23rd Jan 2013
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage, Mehndi and Sangeet ceremony
16812th
Jan 2013
3.5Ek taraf Madhu-Trishna ka Patch-up, toh Doosri taraf RK-Dips-Madhu ka Break-up -Shuru
Padmini-Shamsher Marriage, Mehndi and Sangeet ceremony, Test of Love Track revisited, Navraji Majhi song, Trishna-Heroine questioned by Roma
16914th
Jan 2013
3.5Madhu ka Kahar barsa RK par -Chan se jo tute koi Sapna, Jag soona soona laage
Test of Love Track revisited, RK Insecurities
17015th
Jan 2013
3.7RK-Radhaji ka Patch up and Dips-Madhu-RK ka Break up continued.
RK-Radha reconcilation, RK-Dipali Equation Fix Track,
17116th
Jan 2013
3.2RK-Madhu ka Patch up over Test of Love fight.
Let's Leave the stardom Track gets addendum of Lets come back after you are healed, Saat Phera marriage Track
17217th
Jan 2013
3.4Rishbala: Chaar Phere Talaab ke kinare, Halwayee ki Dukan, Husn ka pariskshan
Padmini-Radhaji: Pradardhan Khauff ka aur Pratyaachar Naari Shakti ka
Let's Leave the stardom Track, Saat Phera marriage Track, Padmini-Shamsher Sangeet
17318th
Jan 2013
3.1Rishabh Kundra tells off to Bhatias before his mother, Sangeet and Shaadi preparations - for jodo, todo, chodo, Balraj strangles his tailor
Padmini-Shamsher's Sangeet, Kuku-Sikky-Radha-RK long scene - towards Reconciliation/Healing of Rishabh Track, Let's Leave the stardom Track
17421st
Jan 2013
3.4Sangeet ceremony for Padmini-Shamsher's upcoming marriage - Playing Antakshari
Padmini-Shamsher's - sangeet -Antakshari
17522nd Jan 20133.1Are Trishna?! Tune hameh bataya nahin ki tujhe movie ka offer mila hai, woh bhi heroine ke role mein ? Kaun hai Producer ?!!
Trishna ko Heroine banao Track, Padmini-Shamsher Marriage, Balraj revenge drama
17623rd Jan 20133.2RK-Madhu cute cell phone talk, Padmini's premonition about Balraj, Roma Detective sees Balraj
Padmini -Shamsher wedding track
17724th
Jan 2013
4.1Padmini-Shamsher ki shaadi mein Ballu deewana. Balraj Hungama Starts in RK Action Film.
Balraj Hungama Starts in Padmini -Shamsher wedding track
17825th
Jan 2013
4.1Balraj Hungama begins Part-1Madhu-Balraj confrontation
Trishna ko Heroine banao Track, Padmini-Shamsher Marriage, Balraj revenge drama
17926th
Jan 2013
3.7Balraj Hungama - Action Dhamaka Mahaepisode

Edited by 0-SD-0 - 30 January 2013 at 7:38am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AngeenaAnanya05_charu_

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.