CID

Small screen star dreams big Manav Gohil

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

iss3

iss3

Posted: 18 July 2006 at 3:35am | IP Logged

Small screen star dreams big

Manav Gohil has achieved sizeable success on small screen essaying various roles but the struggle is still on for him. Having done many serials and playing now a strong role in Aruna Irani's serial, he feels it's only the beginning of the journey.

Modeling was his hobby and he pursued it along with his Business Management course when he was in Vadodara. He even started his consultancy firm. Modeling fever brought him to tinsel town.

"It did not take me too long to get the taste of the city. Soon, I realised how things work here. I formed a group and we started doing plays on scripts by Kader Khan," says Manav.

But he was still unaware of this acting talent. "I was aware of my emoting skills. I can bring out tears without glycerin and one day in a flash I knew that I could be a part of this groove. It had been two years since I landed in Mumbai. Then the new the struggle had begun. To stand in front of the camera, I began hunting for work."

His first break came in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki where he caste as Vikram, the hubby of Chaaya. This was followed by roles in Kkusum, Kasauti Zindgi Ki and many other serials.

"My role in the serial Kahani Teri Meri is very close to my heart. The character Manav was a split personality. Such roles impress me. I like challenging role and I will love to do a double role one that stirs my emotions and my skills."

Highly impressed by the style of Big B, energy of Shah Rukh Khan and acting of Manoj Bajpai, one can see shades of all of them in his reel and real life. "I have grown up watching them. It's as if their roles run in my blood. I don't try copying them but certainly borrow themes and work upon them."

He feels screenplay is the most important thing for the actor. "I play Neel in the serial Vidhehi Ek Aur Agni Pareeksha who is a happy-go-lucky guy but can turn lethal if someone insults the family who have adopted him.

During this visit to Lucknow for the promotion of this serial telecast on Sony TV, he remembers his last visit when he was here for the play Uncle Samjha Karo.
Having done a variety of roles, why does Manav feel he is a struggler? "There are various types of struggle. First it was to get a break. Then it is for major role and now for the big screen."

Manav is presently shooting for a children's film made by Percept Pictures. "I know that I am not hero material but I will love to do strong character roles like that in Rang De Basanti," says Manav.

Then, he feels, maybe his struggle will come to a halt.

Edited by iss3 - 18 July 2006 at 3:37am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Small screen star dreams big Manav Gohil" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aish2

IF-Sizzlerz

aish2

Posted: 18 July 2006 at 10:31am | IP Logged
thanx for sharing

mangesh 01

mangesh 01

Posted: 18 July 2006 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
thanks Big smile

Priyank.

IF-Sizzlerz

Priyank.