TOI-Interview of Asit Kumar Modi

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Comedy rules says Asit Kumar Modi

Comedy rules says Asit Kumar Modi
Asit Kumar Modi

SAB TV's comic series Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah produced by Asit Kumar Modi has emerged as the numero uno show with 4.4 TRP across all other GEC's.

The show now stands along with popular daily soaps like Balika Vadhu and Diya Aur Baati Hum.

The recent track where Jethalal suddenly faces the allegations of having two wives was loved by the audiences. The concept and Gulabo's track witnessed a rise in its TRP. In fact this is the first ever that a track has gone on for more than a week. Normally each story lasts for a week or maximum for ten days.

An elated Producer Asit Kumar Modi says, "This track has been going on for more then 40 - 45 days, which is very unusual for us. But the storyline was such that it needed extra attention and dedicated episodes. It is the first time that we have shown a court room drama on the show and I am that it's been a fruitful decision. The most important thing that makes me happy is the fact that we air on SAB TV which has a limited reach and still we are able to compete with shows coming on mainstream GEC channels".

"We are indeed very happy. A show that is socially relevant and a family entertainer is watched by everyone. And believe me, it is an extremely tough job to maintain the constant interest of the viewers in comedy. We are all the time on our toes but we enjoy every moment of it. And even though we have completed 1000 plus episodes, we still have so many new ideas and stories to explore," he adds.

Forthcoming tracks will be dedicated to woman and girl power. It will try to open up people's mindset and will try to tell why each one of us should respect women. 😛 Edited by MSPE - 11 years ago
Posted: 11 years ago
eager for upcoming epiosodes and tfs