Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

BrunoMars

IF-Dazzler

BrunoMars

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Okejj, so yet again I saw a video where an Indian man was taking the second world war too lightly...
Are there more people who find Indian people -not all Indians, just a couple or a lot- taking the second world war too light? And if so, why do you think it is like that?

A lot of people got killed during this war, new bombs got made. A lot of Jews had to go through a lot, through situations you wish no one has to go through, why? Becaus they weren't from the so called 'Aryan race'. It is sad.

Even more depressing is the fact that people don't think and show some respect for the people who died, or sacrificed their life, to make sure the horrible war ended. Shows like 'Hitler Didi' - I have nothing against the show, just feel like they shouldn't have used Hitler like that. It is the name of a sick person who got to lead German and with his power indoctrinated a hell lot of people, making them think that what he was doing was right.

I just feel like Indian people aren't taking it seriously enough, and of course it isn't only the Indians, and of course not all the Indians are doing so. I just wanted to know what other people think about this. So do share your view on this.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24LovelyPlanet

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Second World War, not taken seriously" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
If a person is described as Hitler, it in no way means glorifying Hitler or taking his crimes lightly. It simply means a person who is strict, has no sense of humour and is unlikable in his behaviour.

This oversensitiveness and political correctness of the modern society confounds me. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitratecharminggenieMcNinjareturn_to_hades

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:55am | IP Logged
I find this picture funny. Yet I am very much aware of WW2. Does laughing at this joke mean I don't consider the war to be an important chapter in the world's history? I don't think so. I feel the same way when a show or anyone else uses Hitler's name in jest. 

I also find some of Hitler's quotes very interesting. Does that make me a Hitler supporter? I hope not. LOL

You are wrong when you single out Jewish people as the only ones who suffered though. There were around 60 million casualties of the war...of which 6 millions were Jewish. Or so that's what they tell us...I feel the numbers are worse, who knows. Yes, Jews were targeted but a life is a life, regardless of whether it was a statistic of a genocide. 

To me, worse than joking about the war or Hitler is the fact people don't focus on the larger picture of the war and how there was far more to it than Hitler and his crazies. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
If they only allowed him to paint...

BrunoMars

IF-Dazzler

BrunoMars

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

If a person is described as Hitler, it in no way means glorifying Hitler or taking his crimes lightly. It simply means a person who is strict, has no sense of humour and is unlikable in his behaviour.

This oversensitiveness and political correctness of the modern society confounds me. 

But that is my point. Hitler shouldn't be used that way. It shouldn't mean having no sense of humour or strict. Hitler was a murder, and caused the death and torture of millions of people. It is not something you say to someone that doesn't laugh often.

It isn't oversenitive. It is having respect for the people that died. Sad, that you think you having respect for those people is oversensitive.

Mahika24K.Sean

BrunoMars

IF-Dazzler

BrunoMars

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by McNinja

I find this picture funny. Yet I am very much aware of WW2. Does laughing at this joke mean I don't consider the war to be an important chapter in the world's history? I don't think so. I feel the same way when a show or anyone else uses Hitler's name in jest. 

I also find some of Hitler's quotes very interesting. Does that make me a Hitler supporter? I hope not. LOL

You are wrong when you single out Jewish people as the only ones who suffered though. There were around 60 million casualties of the war...of which 6 millions were Jewish. Or so that's what they tell us...I feel the numbers are worse, who knows. Yes, Jews were targeted but a life is a life, regardless of whether it was a statistic of a genocide. 

To me, worse than joking about the war or Hitler is the fact people don't focus on the larger picture of the war and how there was far more to it than Hitler and his crazies. 

You might not think so, but there are a lot of people who do think so.
I don't think that makes you a supporter, I am sure he did say things that did make sense.

I am not singling out the Jewish, I am very well aware of the soldiers that died for their country and sacrificed their lifes. Like I said in my post.

The numbers are far above that, but we might never know...

There was far to it. And I think people should be aware of it too. But seeing how they can't respect the victims of the war, let alone the other aprt of the story is just depressing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanet

McNinja

IF-Rockerz

McNinja

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BrunoMars

You might not think so, but there are a lot of people who do think so.
I don't think that makes you a supporter, I am sure he did say things that did make sense.

I am not singling out the Jewish, I am very well aware of the soldiers that died for their country and sacrificed their lifes. Like I said in my post. (not just soldiers, most were civilians in many countries)

The numbers are far above that, but we might never know...

There was far to it. And I think people should be aware of it too. But seeing how they can't respect the victims of the war, let alone the other aprt of the story is just depressing.

But how is it disrespectful? And if you think Hitler should not be used as the butt of jokes, then where do you draw the line exactly?

People use Bin Laden, Saddam, Bush for their jokes all the time. Weren't these 3 also responsible for wars and deaths as well, though not a WW. Yet, some who find Hitler jokes in bad taste, would find an Osama joke funny.

It comes down to your taste in jokes, not whether or not you are disrespecting the dead.

Added the bit in red.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:40am | IP Logged

I don't see anything wrong in Hitler jokes or referring to mean/authoritarian people as Hitler. It doesn't glorify Hitler, nor does it demean victims in any way. It is just humor. Humor is a means for mankind to cope with our failings and idiosyncrasies. Sometimes, humor can highlight issues and hammer in with the punch line more than serious discussions can.

LeadNitratecharminggenie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top