•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Since there are so many spoilers floating around about a major death coming up everyone is thinking that most probably it is going to be Damon or Elena who would either die or become human again to break the sire bond. 

But I have another theory.

Tyler (and other hybrids) bonded to Klaus because they were grateful to him for releasing them from the pain of turning every full moon.  So, the way to break that sire bond was to turn until they don't feel the pain anymore.

I think Elena bonded to Damon not only because she was in love with him before she turned but because she was hiding from those feelings and denying herself that love that her and Damon have for each other.  So, the way to break this bond is not just by one of them dying or turning human but if by accepting those feelings.  And not just by Elena but also by Damon. 

In 4x10 Elena realized and accepted that love but it's pretty obvious that Damon doesn't believe her.  I think the day he accepts it as reality, the sire bond will be broken.

So, that's my theory…..I came up with it mostly because I want the writers to surprise us for once and not go the predictable route.

Good Imagination I must say
But I dont think so this will happen as Damon has already accepted her love for Elena.
But this Sire bond has to has to end !
Originally posted by aashi_arsha

Good Imagination I must say
But I dont think so this will happen as Damon has already accepted her love for Elena.
But this Sire bond has to has to end !
thanks 😊

but I am not saying Damon hasn accepted that he loves Elena...what I am saying is that he doesn believe Elena when she says she loves him.
According to me, Sire bond is best thing happened to Delena coz that way they both have to know the real and how deep their feelings now.  If there would be no Sire bond, they would not even think about all this and they would not wonder about their feelings. So, with the help of SB they are coming closer.

Cheers.

And sadly, I think Damon will think that the only way to end this SB thing is Death. So, him dying, SB ending, Cure...Everything just fits perfectly. Only one problem, I don't know if I can ever handle the fact that Damon can also die. 🤢
He is Damon. He is My MAN! He can't not just die like that...😭
Originally posted by iMadz

According to me, Sire bond is best thing happened to Delena coz that way they both have to know the real and how deep their feelings now.  If there would be no Sire bond, they would not even think about all this and they would not wonder about their feelings. So, with the help of SB they are coming closer.

Cheers.

And sadly, I think Damon will think that the only way to end this SB thing is Death. So, him dying, SB ending, Cure...Everything just fits perfectly. Only one problem, I don't know if I can ever handle the fact that Damon can also die. 🤢
He is Damon. He is My MAN! He can't not just die like that...😭
so true! (about SB)

@ Damon Dying - you know on one side I can see it as a big possibility because the storyline, the pics, all the spoilers are all saying this...And it would be good for this show because everyone in MF will finally learn to appreciate Damon...including his brother.

the only thing that's making me feel like this wont happen is all these things...its way too obvious!...everyone everywhere is panicking over this (including me!)...I don't know but I really feel like this is misdirection...

the Most amazing episodes on TVD are the once we don't see coming...like Dex or DE ILY

Yeah. That is also true. But for me the effect we called like sadness over a fictional character, that can only be given by Damon's death. Otherwise, anyone lives or dies in the show. I don't care. 😳
Originally posted by iMadz

Yeah. That is also true. But for me the effect we called like sadness over a fictional character, that can only be given by Damon's death. Otherwise, anyone lives or dies in the show. I don't care. 😳
I agree...if Damon dies I will be in mourning until he returns...cant imagine TVD without Damon!
Originally posted by rainfire

I agree...if Damon dies I will be in mourning until he returns...cant imagine TVD without Damon!

Exactly. I will be sad and pissed at the same time. I never cry BUT if Damon dies I think I will.
I do want a happy ending for Damon-Elena, so the faster Damon accepts his feelings for Elena as real the better. 

I sort of blame Caroline for bringing up the sire bond. I completely forgot about it until she brought it up. By claiming that Elena is sired to Damon, not only is Damon doubting Elena's love for him but she also gave Stefan false hope that maybe there's a chance for him and Elena again. I think Stefan was shattered that Elena chose Damon but he wouldn't have pursued the matter further if Blondie hadn't given him hope by saying that Elena is sired to Damon. It's like what Tyler said; the sire bond doesn't control your feelings, only what you do.