Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

Sharon: What's beneath the calm surface?

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
And I'll get straight to the point. Why I've made this topic is actually quite simple: I was extremely happy when Sharon returned, and although the track given to her and Swayam looked to me like it could potentially slip into something very cliched, I was also excited for it because I saw in it just as much potential to be quite phenomenal, with SwaRon's own touch to it like so many earlier tracks. Initially I thought it started off pretty well, and I LOVED the way the Yaadein sequence was woven into it in a way that showed us Sharon's turmoil centering around the two things that matter the most to her, and that she isn't about to lose but for all intents and purposes has already lost, from where she's looking: Dance and Swayam. After that, I was hoping we'd get to see more of that turmoil in her, because losing these two things is enough to break the kind of character she is and has always been. Tonight, I was really happy that we were given a little more of a look beneath her put-on calm surface than just the few sad fleeting-second-moments of her sadness we've seen recently...I actually really liked Vrushika's expressions too, in that moment when Sharon is asked by Taani whether she misses dance or not. Nicely done! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

The track ahead looks really interesting to me, and this is one of the main reasons why: as a viewer, I really want to see what Sharon is thinking and feeling, what's happening to her is something so devastating that I really would want to see what it's making her go through inside her own head, in her own space where she doesn't have to put up an act of normalcy because people are watching...and I mean this not only about her relationship with Dance but also about her almost-relationship with Swayam that evidently really mattered to her in a way even we as viewers never saw before. Now that she's going to be pulled into the centre of a DANCE team that she cannot be part of, and forced to be around SWAYAM whom she wants in her life but feels obligated to push away, I really hope we'll get to see what she's going through with a little more depth and clarity. Besides, at this point people really need to connect with Sharon a bit more than usual, and this could be one really good way of facilitating that...they need to sympathise with her, and not just be annoyed by something they can't understand beyond a point. 

This is how I see it...everyone is welcome to write in with their opinions too! Would love to know! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by -.nandini.- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Snowey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Everyone is aware of the rough sea beneath her calm surface but how that is affecting her and how she is battling the same is never made known. 
This is nothing new and like always we never have a complete view on Sharon's side of story. If i am not mistaken we got an article which read - Sharon's past will be made known and the swaron track will be closely on those lines..Well so far i am one disappointed fan - who is yet to see anything on it.
Sharon The Dazzler dance team Captain - The CS of the college - the gal who was so passionate about dance, that others took inspiration out of her..is Saying NO to dance and so far we got nothing more to relate to it. 
But along with dance i want her turmoil be shown on Swayam..Its quite clear that she loves him and that being the only reason she is trying everything she can..to push him away from her life...But what goes on with in her..for doing this..is still a mystery..Does she think of him..when she is alone ? ? ? 
I would want to see all this through Sharon's POV..her fight..and her own ways on staying strong..when she is soon going to be heading the dance team..once again..
Its fair to believe she does..but after waiting for swaron for so long..i would like to see these scenes taking shape in screen then..for me to believe...
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Vrushika Mehta's makeup artist must have drunk some tonic that made them do their job unusually well. For, the girl looked stunning today. I noticed the sick look of her face in the flashbacks and then the new emulsified glow of her face. So, first of all, kudos, makeup artist! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผAs for Mehta herself, she gave us her best expressions tonight. She looked and felt like Sharon to me today. Minus the wind and if I may say so, Taani's obnoxious grin (no offense, mates, really) - Sharon's bit was superlative. In my opinion, the track has potential, given Swayum and Sharon have more scenes to do together. Sharon's turmoil resurfaces in Swayum's presence. I hope to see more of that. The track should be good, I think. But somehow I have to stop the slap-precap from bothering me. Otherwise, I'm quite hopeful. And that's one very well written post, Nandini. Your sublime, quite assertive takes are always a delightful read. (:

Kankshita

Lovenarbhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Bang on girl, it is a much needed post. I totally agree, poor sharon only she knows what she is going thru, how much pain she undergoes when she is rude to swayam๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ Poor thing, I just hope they show much of swaron scenes and swayam finds out the real reason for her rude behaviour. I want to see swaron happy rather than this fights n MUs. ๐Ÿ˜•
Snowey thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: epiphany.

Vrushika Mehta's makeup artist must have drunk some tonic that made them do their job unusually well. For, the girl looked stunning today. I noticed the sick look of her face in the flashbacks and then the new emulsified glow of her face. So, first of all, kudos, makeup artist! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผAs for Mehta herself, she gave us her best expressions tonight. She looked and felt like Sharon to me today. Minus the wind and if I may say so, Taani's obnoxious grin (no offense, mates, really) - Sharon's bit was superlative. In my opinion, the track has potential, given Swayum and Sharon have more scenes to do together. Sharon's turmoil resurfaces in Swayum's presence. I hope to see more of that. The track should be good, I think. But somehow I have to stop the slap-precap from bothering me. Otherwise, I'm quite hopeful. And that's one very well written post, Nandini. Your sublime, quite assertive takes are always a delightful read. (:

Kankshita

The line in red  - This is something i want to see and is the only hope in talking SwaRon story any forward. 
tannuluv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wonderful...i am also thinking quite similar to you...this track is an awesome tract if cv's actually shows their creativity...and this particular track takes time to develop otherwise it goes abruptly...but the problem is that D3 is not only about swaron it includes another main lead taarey and gang so maintaining the continuity and balance is very important for them and bcs of that it may look like they are dragging the story...my only concern and request for the cv's is please show sharon side of the story...they always butcher sharon character by never showing her side of the story...in this track they have to show her p.o.v...and this time i dont know right or wrong i have faith in cv's...they always take these kind of turns in story and that increase the beauty of the story...but for now we need some happy movements or some different kind of scenes b/w swaron we already seen these kind of scenes from the beginning pls show something new this time...and pls give some ordinary or light scenes and more screen space for vrushika which may help her a lot to improve her voice modulation...for me this girl is really good at expression...
Thanx for this long post after so long time...    
tannuluv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: epiphany.

Kankshita

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† and do mention costume designer i think that person using his/her creativity after so long time...hope they consider swayam also...
shaani2209 thumbnail
Well put post nandu
i have nothing much to say...as m totally disappointed by the way they have handled the track๐Ÿ˜’ the start of the track had made me think how things would turn and how much potential it actually had to be one hell-awesome track but now things aren't getting me connected! for they are dragging with the same scene only difference being different ppl -_- i had expected to see more to what sharon is going through, more of how sharon not dancing has affected swayam but the way things are is not at all making me look forward to the track n SS story..m sad to say but m really losing interest๐Ÿ˜” jus hoping before my interest evaporates in thin air we have some good things in SS story to look at :)

PS: Vrushika is really doing a bang on job n has shone tremendous improvements but i wish to see her take up the other sides of sharon soon :)
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sudha-SK

Everyone is aware of the rough sea beneath her calm surface but how that is affecting her and how she is battling the same is never made known. 

This is nothing new and like always we never have a complete view on Sharon's side of story. If i am not mistaken we got an article which read - Sharon's past will be made known and the swaron track will be closely on those lines..Well so far i am one disappointed fan - who is yet to see anything on it.
Sharon The Dazzler dance team Captain - The CS of the college - the gal who was so passionate about dance, that others took inspiration out of her..is Saying NO to dance and so far we got nothing more to relate to it. 
But along with dance i want her turmoil be shown on Swayam..Its quite clear that she loves him and that being the only reason she is trying everything she can..to push him away from her life...But what goes on with in her..for doing this..is still a mystery..Does she think of him..when she is alone ? ? ? 
I would want to see all this through Sharon's POV..her fight..and her own ways on staying strong..when she is soon going to be heading the dance team..once again..
Its fair to believe she does..but after waiting for swaron for so long..i would like to see these scenes taking shape in screen then..for me to believe...

Really nicely put, Sudha...it's true, we've usually had an issue with Sharon's pov not being shown, and us being left to take guesses at it most of the time. Here's hoping this time we get a better, clearer view into her head and heart. 
unchainedmelody thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ya dey hav alwys neglectd Sharonz side n v always usd to jst kp analysin n tryin to undrstnd wht shez thinkin...dis time at least v knw why shez behavin like dis bt stil dis is so big n she mst b so shaterd n ya v wud wnt to c dat side also...n SwaRon need to b shwn more n deir story develp coz odrwise its getin al same same n borin...plz CVs hope dis dnce trck wil at least giv mre SwaRon scenez n difrnt scenez so v cn conect to d new pairing also...plz...