Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Hi all..
I was watching some episodes of Gulaal. In the Vat Savitri episode, Paan Baa asks Gulaal to keep vrat and Gulaal is shocked to hear that. PB says since your are suhagan you have to keep it. Also, she says in order to shut the mouth of gossip mongers you have to do this. Thirdly, she says..she is worried about Kesar aur isi mai kesar ki balaayi hai.

My doubt :
So all this years Gulaal was never asked to do savitrti vrat???  coz she was sugahan then also Confused
I mean, Gulaal's reaction says it was new thing asked to her. Or did PB was trying to cover up dushy angle and suddenly she  realised Gulaal is suhagan Confused

Would like to know what you all think about the scene ???

this is the link of the scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rbDhH5SlTk

Edited by nneeiill - 27 January 2013 at 8:33pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21minizzkiran_trudecentmanzilmukul

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Doubt about Vat Savitri Episode" in Gulaal forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

minizz

IF-Rockerz

minizz

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Hey Saamya,good question.Well I think the people in the house never considered the marriage to be real except for our rockstar JK who had her own selfish reasons.For them or at least PB it was just a ritual in name which paved way way for Gulaal to stay in the house.That's why she was never asked to perform it.PB wanted to put a stop to the gossip mongers who were casting aspersions on Gulaal's character.I think that's why she asks Gulaal to keep the vrat.In order to make Gulaal agree to this she says that it would be beneficial to Kesar cause she knows that Gulaal would do anything that would be in Kesar'sbest interests.This is what I felt about the scene.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

prachuryakiran_trudecentMR21manzilmukulnneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 1:50am | IP Logged
My point is it was a  blooper..For a suhagan Vat savitri is very imp..When Gullu can perform all rituals along with chotu Kesarji and bade kesarji like yagna etc..Vat savitri  itne saal nahi rakah hoga..I highly doubt this is where the show falters...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

minizzkiran_trudecentnneeiill

prachurya

IF-Dazzler

prachurya

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged
In my POV, I think Gulaal was never asked to do Vat Savitri vrat because Kesar was not there and now that he came back lots of ppl in the village wud raise questions over why Gulaal didn't keep the fast and plus it was for Kesar's well-being so, PB told Gulaal to keep the fast just to shut people's mouth. PB might also view it as a way to mend Kesar and Gulaal's relation which was falling apart not in sense of hubby and wife but as 2 individuals.
But then, mine seems a real farfetched one. The more real answer wud be a blooperLOL

kiran_trudecentMR21minizzmanzilmukulnneeiill

arti07

IF-Sizzlerz

arti07

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
vat savitiri is for a husband gulaal never considered kesar as her husband for her deeyarvattu was a ritual to protect him but she wasnt his wife...Embarrassed she acted as his mentor wen diaba asked kesar and gulaal to perform the havan gulaal asked talli to join it...no wifey would ask to do tht for her deyarvattu never existed ...same applies for the rest of the family members remember daiba said gulaal is like a yoshoda maiyya to kesar tht too after deeyarvattu and wen he returned it was diaba who said tht gulaal needs green bangles indicating to accept kesar as her husband all this shows wht was the perceptive of family members at the time of deeyarvattu and how it changed wen kesar returned...Embarrassed tht is y the family member never cared to ask gulaal to perform the vat savitiri as for them she was widow of vasant but changing equation made them look her as wife of kesar Embarrassed my POV

kiran_trudecentMR21minizzmanzilmukulnneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
^^ arti prachu and mini ..I understand that Gulaal never considered Kesar as her husband nor did the family members did...But then why during Rewa marriage she performed rituals with Kesar as his wife..Why she sat in yagna..Why she did rudrabhishek...things change I agree but bachpan mein bhi she performed rituals so why not vat savitriConfused
My question is if these trivial rituals were given so much imp..Vat savitri is a much much bigger thing...a vrat which every sduhagan does...At least in our custom..I donno about Gujratis...So Gulaal's not doing vat savitri when she performed all the rituals everytime even when he was a kid did surprise me...How come gaon walas never questioned thsi thing..coz bahar walon ki nazar mein she was always his wife...even when he comes back pandit ji asked the patni to come and sit...Why did other women never questioned..Even another blooper was KT marriage..I mean no one n the viallagae ever questioned..M sorry but Villages are very ardent about rules and regulations..FINE ghar waley never manoed this DV...but for the world she was his wife...I cannot undersatnd why she did not perform the vat savitri all these yaers...There are some tiny points which actually ahd been quite overlooked..Gulaal was alaraedy on the verge of being axed even before Neil's entry...So I guess they rushed lots of things

prachuryakiran_trudecentMR21minizznneeiill

MR21

IF-Rockerz

MR21

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Blooper hai yaar...yeh toh pakka hai...but thinking according to CVs POV looks like no one in the family ever asked gulaal to do anything as kesar's wife when he is in city...I agree she did puja with him before n after the leap but its only in front of villagers...no one in the family accepted their relation except JK...now PB asked her to do vrat only just to stop everyone talking about gulaal n dushy...she used gulaal being a suhaagan n more over kesar's well being as a point to make gulaal accept for the vrat...because at that point kesar did got the slap from gulaalLOL n also he went against family to support raman for elections...so according to family he way is not correct n may be after this vrat he will change...Coming to KT marriageAngry...that is a very big blooper...bas family is ready to get kesar n talli married, so no villager has any problem with it...how can this be possible...

prachuryaminizzkiran_trudecentmanzilmukulnneeiill

nneeiill

IF-Sizzlerz

nneeiill

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 10:42am | IP Logged
yea it does look like it was to shut off gossip mongers else she would not have been too shocked if she was doing it...

@ arti
: if they had accepted the changing equation ...then  why no body raised question for kesar talli marriage???t Confused..just coz Gulaal said  it ????

it looked like they mended the rules as and when according to their convenience...sometimes Gulaal is a patni ..sometimes not..

@ piu :  i still cannot say for sure if its a blooper or not.  For me, it looked like she started doing all this rituals when kesar came back..yea she did in past too but that time also kesar was there...so the only conclusion which i can draw is that she was never asked to do such rituals in kesar's absence...

Edited by nneeiill - 28 January 2013 at 11:10am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran_trudecentMR21minizzmanzilmukul

Post Reply New Post

Go to top