Debate Mansion

Foreign Citizenship Desi Girls: A Trade off? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mordor

Originally posted by DulceTentacion.

Originally posted by mordor

In India no one is 'seedha saadha and shareef'.

It's highly fixating how girls from abroad are stereotyped as being black sheep's. *rolls eyes* 

I think we are straightforward. We don't claim to be righteous.

Here we paint our own houses, change our own oil, tire etc. Powerwash our own front, cut our own grass. After eating at restaurant we throw our own food, put the tray away. Most people know the value of money they work from very young age. I can give you zillion other examples such as these where we are really bhola bhala than what goes on back home.

People are still living with their parents jobless in their homes and having the time of their life. They wear the best fashion, put down others, judge others and spend their lifetime besting the other.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceTentacion.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Foreign Citizenship Desi Girls: A Trade off? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

All girls with an ounce of self respect feel the same way regardless of cast, creed and color. But I know what you mean the ignorant always feel that way. Even here the caucasians hate how some people objectify them and leer at them like a piece of meat. Few caucasians I know told me that they literally shudder and feel eye ball raped.

Anyway's coming back to your point there is a whole market out there that are trying to hook up desi people from abroad. LOL

Which peaks your level of fixation when you go back home. You are literally eagle eyed, and the amount of aunties who want you to get married off to their sons cannot be numbered. LOL

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Here we paint our own houses, change our own oil, tire etc. Powerwash our own front, cut our own grass. After eating at restaurant we throw our own food, put the tray away. Most people know the value of money they work from very young age. I can give you zillion other examples such as these where we are really bhola bhala than what goes on back home.

People are still living with their parents jobless in their homes and having the time of their life. They wear the best fashion, put down others, judge others and spend their lifetime besting the other.

Don't you find it highly amusing how the folks back home think we NRI's are living a royal, trouble free life? LOL

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Tell me about it. I have an upcoming trip and I already know all are awaiting for some gifts. I only have 2 suitcases its never enlightened but expectations are out of the world.
They say sab ko diya hamain nahi laaya kuch.

Then in comes the dinner parties. I don't wanna go but its considered disrespect. When you go they try to hook you up. When you take it easy theyget offended.

And then everybody asks how much I'm making. The all think I'm living life and I have money tree growing here. When I tell them I'm so poor they calculate in rupees and tell me I'm super rich without taking into expense the costs like tax insurance groceries mortgage etc...

Sigh

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DulceTentacion.

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
This topic is now looking like a non-resident desi (NRD) remake of movie hum aap ke hain kaun. I never liked that movie. Was too goody for my tatse. Lets inject a counter view here. lol

1) No one has forced NRD families to look for a rishta back home. It is they themselves who go back and find a relative or look for a seedhi saadhi family ladki aur masoom ladka from back home. Therefore the primary people to blame is NRD themselves. Is it possible that their familes do not hold a good view of fellow NRDs?

2) Now when you go there as NRD then you are likely to attract people who are interesed in that aspect of yours. The issue therefore is exaggerated and the pool is not representative of all desis there.

3)  I think NRDs should look for a partner here in west who share their values and is like them.

4) I know many people who dont want to send their children abroad for logistic reasons

5) Then there is a mindset who do not want to marry NRDs even when they can just because they dont want favors like visa etc from spouse. I personally know quite a few. lol.

6) These days good educated people come here, get a visa through job and then a green card and citizenship on their own (talking about USA). Those who are unable to and yet interested in coming to west should raise doubts anyway and should not be an option.

In conclusion, lets put things in context here and not overblow it. Visas, citizenship are important but not that important that one will ignore other things. The most important thing to me is not citizenship, love, like but interest and sincerity in relationship.

Edited by King-Anu - 30 January 2013 at 5:21pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovesLowCultureGumrah...TheBossDulceTentacion.

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Well said bro!
Couldn't agree more I deem people from here equally responsible. Its all supply and demand issue.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Forever-KADulceTentacion.

LovesLowCulture

LovesLowCulture

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

In conclusion, lets put things in context here and not overblow it. Visas, citizenship are important but not that important that one will ignore other things. 

Some Indians also show contempt for emigration. I was made to finish high school in India and it's funny how many of my peers look down on me for moving here (the States). It's like, hey you couldn't make it in India on daddy's money and moved over to a place where you'll have to work your butt off. 

I wasn't aware of this trend (desi guys marrying foreign girls for citizenship). I'd heard stories of  men marrying girls back home and then just leaving them there (experienced it too; it happened to my cousin). Both issues are equally sad and disturbing. 

Edited by LovesLowCulture - 01 February 2013 at 3:37pm

TheBossForever-KA

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by King-Anu

... The most important thing to me is not citizenship, love, like but interest and sincerity in relationship.

and there's nothing that heightens interest and sincerity from guys as a nice super-attractive super-rich chick with a good nature and a charming personalityLOL. I can see myself going for a chick like that... with lots of interest and sincerity, i really can.LOL

LovesLowCultureTheBoss

Post Reply New Post

Go to top