Amita ka Amit

HT: Princess Not-So-Charming

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged
I'm only posting the part relevant to Amita Ka Amit here.  The full article can be read in the link given below the excerpt.

Princess Not-So-Charming and an overdose of tradition
Poonam Saxena
January 26, 2013

If I were told I could use two and only two words to describe most Hindi TV soaps and serials, I would go for "slow" and "repetitive." Seriously, what could be slower than the pace of a daily soap? Grass growing? Paint drying? As for repetition, imagine the same dialogues and scenes popping up 
again and again, often in the same episode, as if all viewers were victims of short-term memory loss, unable to remember what happened ten minutes ago.

I wish these two words didn't apply to the two new shows that have begun on Sony and Colors. But alas. The first show is Amita Ka Amit (Sony), in which a young girl is waiting for her sapno ka rajkumar, as if it's a full-time occupation. He turns up, but likes her friend, not her. And who can blame him, since Amita must be the most boring person in Asia (not to mention the silliest - in trying to project female characters as "sweet and simple," our serials end up making them appear so vapid and empty-headed, you begin to fear for their mental condition). Anyway, ask Amita a question and she'll take about five or six years to respond. You could go out and finish your weekly shopping and come back and she'll still be gazing silently at the person who's asked her the question. It's tough to watch a serial where the lead character spends pretty much all her time doing nothing except just looking - at people, at the camera, at nothing.

Edited by likarsh - 26 January 2013 at 11:44am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BilliCat.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HT: Princess Not-So-Charming" in Amita ka Amit forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Haha , true in a way .Creatives show the protagonist of most of the serial to be calm and slow responding type.LOL I guess creatives feel they attract audience Stern Smile But the reality is that half of the people quit the show due to the slow pace the show is moving and half the people watching feel sympathetic for the protagonist LOL
I am mainly into this show coz it reminds me of Mahi Way
EmbarrassedAnd sadly the ads showed me a different shade of Amita , rather than this one who she is now,who we feel sympathetic for . I dont see the bubbly-ness anymore Ouch

KhatamKahani

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 8:52am | IP Logged
^^Yeah even if they want to get sympathy for her, they can do so without those long shots of Amita just staring into space or into the camera.

But I guess half the people are into all that, as you said.LOL

BilliCat.

Viewbie

BilliCat.

IF Crazy Senior

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Exactly . After i read this article , I seriously feel Amita should'nt be wondering /thinking for so long . It seems like we have paused the screen . Only her eye brow movements let us know,yeah the show is going on.LOL I want to see a more bubbly Amita the one we get to see once in a blue moonLOL

KhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.