sweetsang thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
i have seen on tv ,,the actresses they have this shimmering..glowing face ..i knw its the foundation. i dnt get the same glow after i use my foundation..how can i get tht look ..which products to use..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Actually, it's not just the foundation that makes the difference, but how your highlight and contour your face that also helps give your face a glow. Some foundations can also help create a dewy look, but proper highlighting and contouring further enhance that. 

Typically when you contour, you use a matte (no shimmer or sparkles) bronzer. When contouring your face, you need to contour in the hallows of your cheeks (make a fish face, and you'll see what I mean) and carry it up to your temples and upper forehead (near the hairline). Then you can also contour the sides of your nose with a smaller brush if you want your nose to appear more slender.

Now for the highlighting. For highlighting you can use concealer, but you want a glowing look, so I recommend for this using something with a bit of shimmer. There are actual highlights that come in the stores, but you can also use an eyeshadow or blush that gives a similar effect. Apply the highlighter on the high points of the cheeks, down the bridge (center) of the nose, the brow bone, and the center of the forehead. 

If what I'm writing is not making sense, you can search for YouTube videos. I'll post a link to a picture and steps too:

http://theuntrendygirl.com/accentuate-the-good-contour-the-rest.html

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 11 years ago
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hi please post all questions in the help desk :) it makes the forum seem less messier x 

Topic closed.