Posted: 11 years ago
So I was wondering that do the other contestats even know how popular sanaya is and how big of a fan following she has? and that she is the most populat actress of tv right now? Most people are only watching this show because of her and not for the stupid fights of the two girls who are just so annoying 

I mean before giving her such low marks they should've thought about the fact that she had a disadvantage cuz she was the first person and had no clue who the people were going to be. That's not fair at all. The format is stupid like that. Sanaya gave such high points to everyone else even if they did give her such low points. 

And one really nice thing that I noticed about her was that whenever she said something about the food of anyone else, she always said "khana bauhot achha hain" before she said its a little too spicy or anything else. Not like the other contestants who are just plain rude and annoying. 

Ad even sanaya knows that she is so popular but she didn't act like that at all. She was so humble and calm and not trying to seek any extra attention at all unlike the other people 

Anyways I think it was just a strategy of the channel to show sanaya on the first day and first week just so people watch the show. And then they thought the stupid drama of ragini and nigar will be spicy and make people get hooked on to the show

And I hate thA they think that the drama is what people are watching the show. I mean they give 80% of the screen space to only nigar and ragini in the episodes and they barely even show sanaya. Even at sanaya's house it was just their drama which they were showing. Most people want to see more and only sanaya in the show, not cat fights between two girls!
Edited by Bansari7 - 11 years ago
I think she was the sweetest..really liked it when she said how can you say something negative about a person you met only three times...youngest but most sensible in that group...
I don't think the other participants are bothered how big of a fan following the other has. They all have their own fan bases. Some participants may not have even heard of Sanaya, unless they are from the same industry or have worked together before. We haven't seen any other contestant talk about Sanaya's work or has been excited to see Sanaya except Ragini, unless of course, it has been edited out. 

For the channel, they will show and edit whatever brings them TRPs, obviously this week the war between Ragini and Nigaar gave them the masala they wanted in a otherwise week of 'bland' food. 

I am not watching the show for Sanaya, I have not seen her acting before nor am I bothered about the fan following. Good for her if she has done well for herself. I am watching the show because I have seen Come Dine With Me and was intrigued about the Indian version, but it has been disappointing with the trivial and bad editing done by whoever. 
Well i don't think they are aware, at least not Manoj...
Ragini knows most likely.. but it wouldn't matter to her as Sanaya is a friend to her first and well with friends how successful or not usually doesn't affect an established equation b/w them..
And I think Andy does too, cz he referred to her as 'Khushi' and Sanaya obviously had to correct him a few times cz she sounded exasperated when she corrected him as we saw. and he is from UK and well considering the craze we saw through SPL videos in November and also when she was taken there for the meet & greets in May, and also Meet and greets in US in December.. So well it is unlikely he doesn't know when she is well known and looked forward to for interviews in BBC Asia etc.. 

Nigar, well god knows...

Anyway I don't think 'Sanaya's popularity' as probably the currently most popular TV actress not just in India but across the globe in Indian show watching audiences would or should affect the way they behave towards her.
But they have to realize that despite being so young she is so popular and is not just a nobody. That she is humble DESPITE being such a huge star not because she has no wielding power when it is the exact opposite of that. She is the single most popular celeb in the whole show along with Ram.
Hell I know many people who subscribed to Life OK 1st time just cz of her.

So NOPE they SHOULD NOT HAVE given more marks for Sanaya for being the huge A listing celeb she is as that shouldn't affect markings. BUT they should have given her marks for being herself and considering the disadvantageous position she was in by being the ONLY 1 who didn't know about anyone's food preferences...

Anyway I am alright with what happened cz we know Sanaya was not there on the show with a 'win at all costs' attitude..she was there to enjoy the food as she is a big foodie despite being so petite... She always says she considers herself as any other girl and she wouldn't have appreciated putting on a full on fake Diva attitude to show her real status in the industry..
I hated how she was hurt with derogatory comments in the 1st episode, but the ways she handled everything afterwards just made me respect her more..

trust me when I say that 99% of celebs emerge with mud when they do a reality show. and Sanaya managed to fall in to that rare 1% and just be proud of her...

She earns respect wherever she goes, be it her producers, directors, co-actors or fans.. We have heard only praises for her hardworking talented self till now. And through her sweet behaviour we saw how in front of our eyes the 2 people who insulted her at 1st warmed up to her totally..
So she has won as far as I am concerned...

Edited by princessunara - 11 years ago
Originally posted by princessunara

Ragini knows most likely.. but it wouldn't matter to her as Sanaya is a friend to her first and well with friends how successful or not usually doesn't affect an established equation b/w them..
And I think Andy does too, cz he referred to her as 'Khushi' and Sanaya obviously had to correct him a few times cz she sounded exasperated when she corrected him as we saw. and he is from UK and well considering the craze we saw through SPL videos in November and also when she was taken there for the meet & greets in May, and also Meet and greets in US in December.. So well it is unlikely he doesn't know when she is well known and looked forward to for interviews in BBC Asia etc.. 

Nigar, well god knows...

Anyway I don't think 'Sanaya's popularity' as probably the currently most popular TV actress not just in India but across the globe in Indian show watching audiences would or should affect the way they behave towards her.
But they have to realize that despite being so young she is so popular and is not just a nobody. That she is humble DESPITE being such a huge star not because she has no wielding power when it is the exact opposite of that. She is the single most popular celeb in the whole show along with Ram.

So NOPE they SHOULD NOT HAVE given more marks for Sanaya for being the huge A listing celeb she is as that shouldn't affect markings. BUT they should have given her marks for being herself and considering the disadvantageous position she was in by being the ONLY 1 who didn't know about anyone's food preferences...

Anyway I am alright with what happened cz we know Sanaya was not there on the show with a 'win at all costs' attitude..she was there to enjoy the food as she is a big foodie despite being so petite... She always says she considers herself as any other girl and she wouldn't have appreciated putting on a full on fake Diva attitude to show her real status in the industry..
I hated how she was hurt with derogatory comments in the 1st episode, but the ways she handled everything afterwards just made me respect her more..

trust me when I say that 99% of celebs emerge with mud when they do a reality show. and Sanaya managed to fall in to that rare 1% and just be proud of her...

She earns respect wherever she goes, be it her producers, directors, co-actors or fans.. We have heard only praises for her hardworking talented self till now. And through her sweet behaviour we saw how in front of our eyes the 2 people who insulted her at 1st warmed up to her totally..

I'm completely agree...
I'm not biased or something but seeing her in this reality show i must say that she is a gem!!

Sanaya is the best amongst all of them, i used to like ragini, but i dnt know why my likeness for ragini is lessening now, but i love n respect sanaya...whatelse i can say, she is nice...
Originally posted by princessunara

Nigar, well god knows...

Yeah ofcourse they shouldn't have given sanaya marks on the basis of her popularity. But I was just wondering if they knew or not in general of how popular she is.

And I clearly said in my post why I thought they shouldn't have given her such low marks

My original post:

"I mean before giving her such low marks they should've thought about the fact that she had a disadvantage cuz she was the first person and had no clue who the people were going to be. That's not fair at all. The format is stupid like that. Sanaya gave such high points to everyone else even if they did give her such low points"

What I mean was what you said that she had a disadvantage but they didn't think of that and they still ranked her low which I thought was completely unfair. I mean she didn't know before that manoj didn't like mushrooms or didn't like non-indian food, but andy had a chance to make something separate for him cuz he found out later. manoj would've rated him so low if he didn't make that indian food separately for him
Edited by Bansari7 - 11 years ago
wow even today the episode was dedicated to the drama queens and kings, wth
nice post ...i agree with u but the show was a cookery show..n celebraties had been judged by their cooking skills though Sanaya is not a very good cook..bt atleast she tried n yaa shez an expert in her cakes..cup cakes n brownies...we all know her desserts were really gud... and her dishes were not that bad that they gave her lowest marks...i totally agree with onething.its  my point actually...that its really really unfair to chose her for the very first episode of the show..where she didnt even know the guest names..forget abt their taste n eating like n dislike... that was the worst part of this whole show...she was the most innocent and simple celebraty...she should have given 3rd- 4th day of hosting not 1st...
Originally posted by gunurlove

nice post ...i agree with u but the show was a cookery show..n celebraties had been judged by their cooking skills though Sanaya is not a very good cook..bt atleast she tried n yaa shez an expert in her cakes..cup cakes n brownies...we all know her desserts were really gud... and her dishes were not that bad that they gave her lowest marks...i totally agree with onething.its  my point actually...that its really really unfair to chose her for the very first episode of the show..where she didnt even know the guest names..forget abt their taste n eating like n dislike... that was the worst part of this whole show...she was the most innocent and simple celebraty...she should have given 3rd- 4th day of hosting not 1st...

Yeah but I think the only reason that she was made to be the firs one on the first day is so she could attract a lot of viewers since the channel very well knows her popularity 

And yeah she even said that she can't resist desserts and she even makes them so good