Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gauravc_More48 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Pari i enjoy kools KC always it makes me laugh n happy.
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
guys KC  is done and posted
m_masti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Afss

At first I thought Onir's character will be something new and refreshing. But now I'm bored of this Puppet Onir. Specially his puppet smile irritates me. So thought of making a joke. It's an advertisement joke guys. Suppose it's a toothpastes (Colgates) ad.
(you can direct the chappals at me.)[:p][:p][:p]
Onir is saying, "Do you want to become someones puppet but cannot smile due to your teeth??? Don't worry, you can also use Colgate and get
perfect puppet smile in 12 days. This is a future K damads promise"

Background voice "Colgate   toothpaste always fulfills a K damads promise."

afsara...coffee came out from my nose...
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear (what is your name, if  you don't mind?),

One of the bad aspects of the social networking media is that they can be, and are used by negatively minded people to stalk and hound those they do not like, for whatever reason, and try to give the false impression that there are huge numbers of others who share their biased and negative point of view. As I had noted, I do not have any direct experience of the Bollywood  Forum. but from what you all say, it is clear that it is used by people of this kind to try and run down Sushant.

The danger of this is that it can demoralise the subject. But Sushant is made of sterner stuff, and he knows where all this is coming from. So he will not let it affect him. Nor should you let it affect you.

So what is left? Bollywood, that is to say other directors and producers, who would have waited to see how Sushant and Kai po che fared before signing him for their ventures.

Now these people too are veterans of the mudslinging arena, and they will not give a hoot for the stuff floated around in this BWood forum or on FB or Twitter. They are concerned only with two things, and strictly in that order :

(1) the box office returns of Kai po che. These have been more than satisfactory already, despite the film having NO known actors at all; Abhishek Kapoor's first film as a director, Rock One,  at least had Farhan Akhtar.  If KPC had failed, not all of Sushant's excellent reviews would have  been enough, but now that Lakshmi has smiled on him and his film, her worshippers in Bollywood will make a beeline for him. In this, the consistently very good reviews will be a great help.

(2) the attitude of the actor, whether he is disciplined, hardworking, and whether his head is or is not turned by the success of his first film. A huge star will be accommodated even if he throws tantrums. Not a newcomer. In this test, Sushant should pass with distinction. He reminds me, in his being thoroughly grounded and down to earth, of Hrithik Roshan, who was an instant success of huge proportions with KNPH , but never let his superstardom go to his head.

I  am thus sure that Sushant will do very well as an actor and a star in the years ahead.

Pari, I agree with you about the difference between him and Ankita. These aberrations do occur when success comes very early, but I hope that his good qualities rub off on her, especially after they get married, and that this makes her a more balanced person. 

Shyamala Aunty
Originally posted by: Afss

Dear Shyamala aunty,
Thank you so much for giving the critic of Subhash Jha. He is absolutely right. We've read many critics also. And I didn't find any critic which says that Sushant couldn't meet the demand of the character. But everyone wrote that after watching KPC it feels that Sushant is born to play Ishaan. Even Aamir Khan watched the film and praised him. After KPC's release Sushant reaches a new height in his career. The film is already a hit. KPC finished its 1st week on a decent note by collecting approximately Rs.29.5 crores at the India box office. The film is a success even in the overseas markets,raking in over Rs.6.50 crores. But in spite of knowing all these some silly people are continuously bashing Sushant in BW forum i.e. Bollywood Forum and also on Twitter and FB. They are very agressive. And now they are bashing Ankita too. Ankita is so supportive to Sush. She told that she watched the film for 5 times and everytime she couldn't help crying. But these stupid people are uncontrolable. Even in PR forum too. Mine,Jai da's and other's topics were closed for reports' flood. These people are jealous of Sushant and Ankita. And along with these stupids reporters have also joined hands together. But reporters' target is only Anki. Daily Bhaskar gave an article couple of day's back. The head line was "OMG! Sushant Singh's girlfriend Ankita Lokhande scares the crowd with excessive make-up." But the fact was she didn't wear any make-up that day and was looking so tired for hectic schedule.
Anyway we don't care at all who badmouths Sushita. One will do certainly good in his/her career if he/she has talent. And no doubt Sushita are talented actors. So we are happy for them.

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I haven't watched KPC but I have read the reviews and almost all are full of praise of the film and actors.

Pari I agree with what you have said about Sushant's humble attitude. Even after being signed on for many other films before KPC came out, Sushant has maintained a modest and sweet attitude. And he's just a newbie to the film industry. Had it been other newbies and they were achieving this much attention and praise before their first film even came out, then no doubt their heads would have been in the clouds and along with it would come the diva attitude. But Sushant has remarkbaly remained the way he was when he started PR and even after reaching the level of fame he had with PR, there is not an ounce of arrogance about him.

As for the Bollywood Forum, the main problem seems to be that some people feel their favorite TV actors deserve the opportunities Sushant has earned. One name is thrown around a lot but I won't say who.

I'm happy for Sushant though. He's a remarkable actor and I hope he continues to shine in Bollywood. After Ranbir Kapoor, many of the other new actors who inhabited the industry have failed to impress me and a lot of it has to do with their poor acting and even poorer personalities.
Edited by salvatore-nina - 11 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sashashyam

Dear Tanyaz/Afss,

I do not know what is this BW forum, but what I do know is that after Shahrukh Khan in the 1990s, no one else has made the crossover from TV to the big screen as spectacularly as Sushant has done. The noted film critic, Subhash Jha, is a good friend of mine, and he is categoric about Sushant being the biggest thing going in the post-Ranbir Kapoor generation of actors. Here is what he had to say about Sushant's debut performance:

As for Sushant Singh Rajput,the script favours his character.And he repays the compliment right back, with bonus. With his compelling screen presence and an ability to render restless energy in a restrained pattern, Sushant immediately establishes himself  as one of the most articulate actors of the post-Ranbir Kapoor generation. We can say about Sushant that a star is born without the risk of having to eat our words later on. His relationship with the cricketing prodigy Ali(Digvijay Deshmukh) is in many ways the core issue of the multifarious plot. You cheer for Ishaan's streetwise heroism in a way you haven't cheered in a long while.

Subhash Jha is generally sparing with his praise, so this is really an encomium. The other reviews to have been equally good. Sushant made the right move at the right time, and that itself indicates a praiseworthy sense of timing. That he did it without antagonising Ekta Kapoor shows his diplomatic skills. We should all be delighted for him. And for ourselves, as a wonderful new find for films is something to cheer about !

Tanyaz, I too think Ankita should not come back, whatever the pay packet offered. One the other hand, it is also true that there is no way Asha or anyone else can compensate for her absence, in sheer glamour and in terms of performance.  I am sure  a large chunk of her very large fan base will leave with her. Not a bad thing, if it hastens PR's demise!

Shyamala

Shyamala , Subhash Jha is your friend ,That's  great .I loved what he wrote about Sushan t..You really have to see the film ..I always knew that Sush would do a good job but what I saw was way way more than what I was expecting ..He  slipped in the role as if he was born to play Ishaan ...

The other guys  were also fantastic , but Ishaan was my fav because he was so heroic and had a lovely heart  ..

I know it will not be easy for Sushant and even for Ankita in Big Bollywood because they don't have God fathers and also Star daddies and everything they do will be scrutanized like anything ...every time Ankita's make up goes wrong she will be bashed ...if Sush says anything then that would be checked out under the microscope but they both are thick skinned and I hope that Sushant will just stay focussed on his work and choose good roles and good scripts ...

It is great to see this boy succeed this way ..We have been watching him right from the first show of PR and I felt so proud of him when in the opening credits of the film it came  'Introducing Sushant Singh Rajput " .It felt good to see his name there and to buy tickets to go and see his work ...

Please do see this movie .You will not be disappointed ...

In fact the others , specially Kool as she too used to like his work so much should see this film.
Edited by Tanyaz - 11 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: gaurav_ankita08

Tanya di be with us here bcoz we need you.
Kools,Afsara n all don't know what's going in Ekta's mind what she has shown its an complete copy of kahin toh hoga where sujal was in coma n he lost his memory that time but here she has kept archana in coma only.So looking forward to Manav n Soham track how this two get united as father n son.
Not at all interested in Quadrangle Love Track of 4 fools.

aww .. that's so sweet of you Gaurav ..

but there is nothing left in this show . At least nothing that I am interested in .. this whole baby donation thing has really ruined this show for me ..I was going to leave even before when they were about to show Soham getting donated to Varsha ...at that both Sushant and Ankita were there but I still wanted to leave but the Cvs changed the plot last minute ...

It is horrible the way they are showing events ...

It is just Purvi and Onir and everyone else has been pushed to the back seat .I like Onir but he is also well on his way to become a spineless puppet like Arjun is right now .

Hiten is a fine actor but where are the scenes where he can show his skill ? Ankita did right in leaving and if she is to come back ( I really hope she doesn't ) then it should only be because the script has a substantial track about her and Manav and they are back in the show as leads ..

I will keep in touch every now and again, read the updates  ...if there is any special scene or very good acting then I will surely see it
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dear Tanyaz,

Don't worry about Sushant not having godfathers in Bollywood. It does not matter so long as he has his Lady Luck to back him, and his talent. If she does not, then not all the godfathers can help; all that they can get you is a longer lease before you are dropped, so that you get a better chance of breaking thru. See the difference between him and Rajiv Khandelwal, who did everything wrong and is now nowhere at all. Lady luck favours Sushant, that is for sure, plus he had it in him to make good when the luck came his way. Those are the two necessary and sufficient conditions, and he met them both.

Of course I will see the film. My mother is a serious cardiac patient, and I am waiting for my brother to begin his visit  to us , so that I can leave her for a few hours and go see it while he stays with her. I am quite sure I will love it, and him even more.

I loved it when you wrote "I felt so proud of him when in the opening credits of the film it came  'Introducing Sushant Singh Rajput " .It felt good to see his name there and to buy tickets to go and see his work ..." That is the simplest and most touching description of unconditional caring that I have read in a while. I too have watched him from Day 1 of PR, and I too am delighted that, firstly, he got the break he deserved, and then that he made full use of it.

It will not be a cakewalk; there will be films of his that fail, there will be periods when nothing happens. As Shahrukh tells the Farhan Akhtar character in the delightful Luck by Chance,  the first film finds the actor, but he has to find the next film or films. A lot depends on what he chooses,  and I am sure Sushant will not go wrong. Plus, I think he has the strength of mind to ride out the inevitable bad periods.

One thing, I hope he and Ankita get married soon. It would be for the best for them not to leave it dangling for too long, These days, no one bothers about marriage affecting the hero's lover boy image. Hrithik got married the same year that KNPH came out, remember? And then he had an awful 2-3 years of successive failures before Koi Mil Gaya, and then he has never looked back.

So, as I said, don't worry about anything; Sushant will be just fine.

Shyamala

Originally posted by: Tanyaz

Shyamala , Subhash Jha is your friend ,That's  great .I loved what he wrote about Sushan t..You really have to see the film ..I always knew that Sush would do a good job but what I saw was way way more than what I was expecting ..He  slipped in the role as if he was born to play Ishaan ...

The other guys  were also fantastic , but Ishaan was my fav because he was so heroic and had a lovely heart  ..

I know it will not be easy for Sushant and even for Ankita in Big Bollywood because they don't have God fathers and also Star daddies and everything they do will be scrutanized like anything ...every time Ankita's make up goes wrong she will be bashed ...if Sush says anything then that would be checked out under the microscope but they both are thick skinned and I hope that Sushant will just stay focussed on his work and choose good roles and good scripts ...

It is great to see this boy succeed this way ..We have been watching him right from the first show of PR and I felt so proud of him when in the opening credits of the film it came  'Introducing Sushant Singh Rajput " .It felt good to see his name there and to buy tickets to go and see his work ...

Please do see this movie .You will not be disappointed ...

In fact the others , specially Kool as she too used to like his work so much should see this film.

Dear Tanyaz/Afss,

I do not know what is this BW forum, but what I do know is that after Shahrukh Khan in the 1990s, no one else has made the crossover from TV to the big screen as spectacularly as Sushant has done. The noted film critic, Subhash Jha, is a good friend of mine, and he is categoric about Sushant being the biggest thing going in the post-Ranbir Kapoor generation of actors. Here is what he had to say about Sushant's debut performance:

As for Sushant Singh Rajput,the script favours his character.And he repays the compliment right back, with bonus. With his compelling screen presence and an ability to render restless energy in a restrained pattern, Sushant immediately establishes himself  as one of the most articulate actors of the post-Ranbir Kapoor generation. We can say about Sushant that a star is born without the risk of having to eat our words later on. His relationship with the cricketing prodigy Ali(Digvijay Deshmukh) is in many ways the core issue of the multifarious plot. You cheer for Ishaan's streetwise heroism in a way you haven't cheered in a long while.

Subhash Jha is generally sparing with his praise, so this is really an encomium. The other reviews to have been equally good. Sushant made the right move at the right time, and that itself indicates a praiseworthy sense of timing. That he did it without antagonising Ekta Kapoor shows his diplomatic skills. We should all be delighted for him. And for ourselves, as a wonderful new find for films is something to cheer about !

Tanyaz, I too think Ankita should not come back, whatever the pay packet offered. One the other hand, it is also true that there is no way Asha or anyone else can compensate for her absence, in sheer glamour and in terms of performance.  I am sure  a large chunk of her very large fan base will leave with her. Not a bad thing, if it hastens PR's demise!

Shyamala

Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago

Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

My dear (what is your name, if you don't mind?),

One of the bad aspects of the social networking media is that they can be, and are
used by negatively minded people to stalk and hound those they do not
like, for whatever reason, and try to give the false impression that
there are huge numbers of others who share their biased and negative
point of view. As I had noted, I do not have any direct experience of
the Bollywood Forum. but from what you all say, it is clear that it is
used by people of this kind to try and run down Sushant.

The danger of this is that it can demoralise the subject. But Sushant is
made of sterner stuff, and he knows where all this is coming from. So
he will not let it affect him. Nor should you let it affect you.

So what is left? Bollywood, that is to say other directors and
producers, who would have waited to see how Sushant and Kai po che fared
before signing him for their ventures.

Now these people too are veterans of the mudslinging arena, and they
will not give a hoot for the stuff floated around in this BWood forum or
on FB or Twitter. They are concerned only with two things, and strictly in that order :

(1) the box office returns of Kai po che. These have been
more than satisfactory already, despite the film having NO known actors
at all; Abhishek Kapoor's first film as a director, Rock One, at
least had Farhan Akhtar. If KPC had failed, not all of Sushant's
excellent reviews would have been enough, but now that Lakshmi has
smiled on him and his film, her worshippers in Bollywood will make a
beeline for him. In this, the consistently very good reviews will be a
great help.

(2) the attitude of the actor, whether he is disciplined,
hardworking, and whether his head is or is not turned by the success of
his first film. A huge star will be accommodated even if he throws
tantrums. Not a newcomer. In this test, Sushant should pass with
distinction. He reminds me, in his being thoroughly grounded and down to
earth, of Hrithik Roshan, who was an instant success of huge
proportions with KNPH , but never let his superstardom go to his head.

I am thus sure that Sushant will do very well as an actor and a star in
the years ahead.

Pari, I agree with you about the difference between
him and Ankita. These aberrations do occur when success comes very early, but I hope that his good qualities rub off on her,
especially after they get married, and that this makes her a more
balanced person.

Shyamala Aunty

You can call me Afsara!