Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Race 2 movie Reviews and box office updates (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 27

DB_reloaded

IF-Stunnerz

DB_reloaded

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged
monday is the real test it might  crash!!!! bt a healthy weekend is on the cards!!!! 15cr+19+20= around 53-54cr weekend!!!! thats fabulous!!

Edited by DB_reloaded - 26 January 2013 at 6:43am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Race 2 movie Reviews and box office updates (Page 11)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

EvilR

EvilR

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Saw the film online Tongue Oh god.. it's bad. Some of the dialogues is a complete copy paste from Race like the scene before Lat Lag Gaye, the dialogue by Jackie is 100% same to same as those said by Katrina before Zara Zara Touch Me.

The actresses have NOTHING to do in this movie at all. Deepika basically just stand there when there's a scene of her with Saif and John. Jackie first appeared in about 30 second and then disappeared for another 40 minutes.

The climax is stupid. There's a twist like every 1 minute and none of them is surprising AT ALL! Now on the bright side...  my Bips looks lovely and gorgeous in her 1 minute appearance Embarrassed . I'm happy that even though she's not in the film, the story still revolve around her character and her name being mentioned every now and then Embarrassed . Oooh and also Saif's character love her till the very end.. that makes me happy Big smile 

I would still recommend it though because despite bad story, the film is entertaining Wink

IHeartDeepika.

IF-Rockerz

IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Saw it last night and is was GREAT! Wil write my review soon. Just saw I comment about the girls being showpieces, replying to that, Deepika had a good role, she isn't a showpiece. She had a better role than Bipasha did in Race and Jackie is as prominent as Katrina was in Race.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Terenaina

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:07am | IP Logged
  1. taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#Race2 territorial breakup: Mysore 90 lacs, TNK 30 lacs, WB 55 lacs, Bihar 25 lacs, Assam 15 lacs, Odisha 20 lacs. Total: 15.12 cr nett.

Expand 
    •  Retweet 
    •  Favorite 
    •  More
  2. 12htaran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#Race2 territorial breakup: Mumbai 5.25 cr, DelhiUP 3.10 cr, Punjab 1.25 cr, CP 75 lacs, CI 57 lacs, Rajasthan 1.05 cr, Nizam 80 lacs

Expand
  3. 12htaran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#Race2 has a FABULOUS start at the domestic BO. Collects Rs 15.12 cr nett on Friday.

Terenaina

-Ranjha-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ranjha-

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
taran adarsh ?@taran_adarsh

#Race2 Saturday trends: Has chances of touching 20 cr, if it maintains the momentum. Awesome!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SudhaSangeetyou2Terenaina

IHeartDeepika.

IF-Rockerz

IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
My review of Race 2:
Firstly, I didn't like any of the promos except the theatrical trailer and Be Intehaan so didn't have many expectations. However, I thought Race2 was very entertaining and thrilling, I reccomend it! Big smile
It's a typical masala film, the critics who are dumb enough to take the movie seriously would be the only one trashing it. It didn't have steamy scenes as Race and the music isn't as good, but I still found the film to be fun! Thumbs Up
There are twists every 20 minutes and it keeps you at the edge of the seat! Towards the end the film starts getting predictable, and the climax is shot very funnily, lol. LOL
As for performances, my favourite out of the males was John...Mr badboy is back! Cool John was awesome, he looked great and acted really well, he's so cool! Saif looked old, (eww his intro scene!) but he underplays the role well. Even though Saif is the 'hero', I thought John was better. Ohmygod...Deeepika! She just gets hotter and hotter..she looked FABULOUS! Embarrassed Damn girl! Entire theatre was whistling whenever she came on the screen Heart I am so proud of her- she plays her part confidently and her role is pretty good- if you thought Bipasha had a good role in Race than so does Deepika in this one! Jackie did fine, I liked her fencing scene...she looked plastic thoughOuch Her voice was obiously dubbed... Anil and Ameesha had sall roles, they were meh, funny at times but annoying at others!
I think John-Deepika had awesome chemistry as the sexy badass siblings, loved it! Jackie-Saif looked fresh...Saif-DP were sexy together!
The film was shot really well too...nice, expensive locations! I'd give the film 3.5/5...It kept me entertained despite becoming predictable and there's good eyecandy!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SudhaSangeetsania_12DeathstrokeTerenaina

Terenaina

IF-Stunnerz

Terenaina

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Race 2" Records 8th Biggest Opening Day Ever

Film collected huge 15.10 cr nett on Friday and looking to score even bigger numbers on Saturday which is a national holiday. Film became biggest opener for its cast, beating John Abraham's "Housefull 2" and Saif - Deepika's "Cocktail".

Film collected superb numbers in metros and it seems that weekend will be a huge surprise for few who were busy slamming it yesterday. It equalled opening day of Akshay Kumar starrer "Rowdy Rathore", though that was a non holiday release.

Below are the top 15 opening days ever

Rank

Film

Year

Nett Collections

Ek Tha Tiger

32.92 cr

Agneepath

22.8 cr

Bodyguard

21.5 cr

Dabangg 2

21.1 cr

Ra.One (All Language)

18 cr

Don 2

15.25 cr

Jab Tak Hai Jaan

15.2 cr

Race 2

15.10 cr

Rowdy Rathore

15.10 cr

Dabangg

14.5 cr

Housefull 2

13.75 cr

Talaash

13.5 cr

Ready

13.28 cr

3 Idiots

13 cr

Tees Maar Khan

12.75 cr

Bol Bachchan

12 cr

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SudhaSangeetIHeartDeepika.

Terenaina

IF-Stunnerz

Terenaina

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Saif-John's Race 2 first day collection at Box Office

Hindi movie Race 2 starring Saif Ali Khan, John Abraham and Anil Kapoor in leads, has got fantastic opening at the Indian Box Office, beating another new release Akaash Vani. The Abbas-Mastan directed action thriller has beaten the first day collection record of Saif's previous releases like Agent Vinod and Cocktail and John's last releases like Force and Housefull 2.The much-talked about and much-hyped movie Race 2 debuted with a superb response with its occupancy ranging between 70% and 80% in the morning and matinee shows.

The action thriller showed further improvement in its business in the evening and night shows. It has collected Rs 15.12 crores nett at the domestic Box Office on the first day of its release on Friday.Race 2 has done wonderful collection in all areas of the country. Trade expert Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#Race2 territorial breakup: Mumbai 5.25 cr, DelhiUP 3.10 cr, Punjab 1.25 cr, CP 75 lacs, CI 57 lacs, Rajasthan 1.05 cr, Nizam 80 lacs, Mysore 90 lacs, TNK 30 lacs, WB 55 lacs, Bihar 25 lacs, Assam 15 lacs, Odisha 20 lacs. Total: 15.12 cr nett."Saif Ali Khan's 2012 releases like Agent Vinod and Cocktail had collected Rs 9.8 crores and Rs 11 crores nett, respectively, at the domestic Box Office on the first day of their release. Whereas John Abraham's 2012 release Housefull 2 and 2011 release Force had collected Rs 14 crores and Rs 5 crores, respectively, at the desi Box Office on their opening days. Now, Race 2 has become the biggest opener in their acting career.Race 2 is a sequel to the big hit movie Race and it is a multi-starrer movie featuring Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel in leads. The film had a huge amount of promotion prior its release. Its promos - videos and posters had created a lot of curiosity among the film goers. Despite getting mixed reviews from film critics, it has got positive response from the viewers.However, Saturday is the Republic day holiday, which is expected to take the collection of Race 2 upwards further. Trade experts feel that the movie will cross Rs 50 crore mark at the domestic Box Office in the first weekend. It should be seen whether it would reach this mark. Stay locked to this space to know the first weekend collection of Race 2.

Read more at: http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/box-office/2013/saif-john-race-2-first-day-collection-box-office-102975.html

Edited by Terenaina - 26 January 2013 at 2:22pm

SudhaSangeet

Post Reply New Post

Go to top