Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Age is just a number

rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Most of the members on this forum are young and have lot of dreams about future. I seriously don't expect them to give deep thinking to the present track. But those who are married and have kids or if anyone has lost one of their parents in young age can try to understand the feelings of BB, Ashu and Nidhi. Everyone  have different destiny and as per their destiny each have different  childhood, youth ,and older age.

No child wants to accept other person in place of their Mom or Dad if he loses one. No child accepts his mom or dad having any companion. We don't think about their emotional needs but only think about society. "What will people say is the biggest fear we have when actually none of these people come to help you when you  are in need. They only preach. To be honest my mom was just 37 when I lost my Dad but never thought of what she wants. I did my best for her and so did she. But now I understand that daughter is enough for a mother but not for a woman in her. I was conservative like Ashu!

I  am  grateful  to  the new generation for being so brave and courageous. My cousin came from USA with her husband having high fever and lost him in next 5 days. Her only daughter after six months looked for a match through internet. She knew her mom is an house wife and needs a support of a Man. She met the children of that person . The 3 kids arranged a meeting and got their parents married. They are living happily for past 7 years. I am so proud of my niece who will be getting married soon. 

In KTLk BB is old and Nidhi is not thinking of getting him married or involve him in an affair but just wants to reduce the emotional burden, the feeling of guilt from his conscience . I am proud of Nidhi.

My nani  had given birth to 9 children! I asked her how she could? She told me only for the first time your nana came with me to hospital. Rest of the times I went myself  She said no one used to pamper us like now a days Husband takes so much care of a pregnant wife. She missed that in her life. But one thing I just can't forget. My Nani 75 yrs old 4th std passed woman told me" your uterus can have either fetus or fibroid." So we had kids and your generation is suffering with fibroid problems. The old people have their own logic and wisdom . Only if we care to give some time to listen to them, to understand them.

As you grow old you start analyzing your life , your achievements, your defeats, your unfulfilled  desires, your mistakes. As you grow old your physical needs decline but emotional needs  augment. This is what Is happening to BB and Nidhi is understanding it because of her broad outlook   and   Ashu is not .

The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in seventy or eighty years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all. And that, of course, causes great confusion.

I hope this track will be handled sensibly and maturely. Please share your views.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

parmarA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Excellent post rajani.I am not against this love track but only against execution.And talking about the age.Age is not only number but physically people is attached with that.That's why women couldn't be mom after Monopose and man can be father at any age.But yes emotional bondage is different thing.Men are most earning person in the socity and women are less earner or housewife.After some age her children grawn up settled down but they didn't want any partner for their mother or father if they lost the partners bec of society or may be the children thought's that his father will not give financial help to them.And for mother she is literally became burden if she is not working or not finanacially stable.So there are many ways to think of this track.sorry if i disappointed you rajaniEdited by alkaparmart - 11 years ago
PMithalee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey i am sorry if i hurt anyone through my comments...i take back my words...sorry rajiniji if i hurt u in any way...i am really sorry
kaks0211 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Rajani for making a post with an entirely positive and different point of view. It is a relief from the various posts filled with hatred for the current track of BB's love interest which till now has not even actually started to be shown...

Iam looking forward to next week hoping that this sensitive issue of BB wanting to apologise to and meet the person whom he had loved but had hurt, is handled well by the CVs...
sharadrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Mam...your points are indeed well-made and most valid...

The issue here is not Baba developing an emotional bond with someone at this age, The issue is the suddenness with which this track has been thrust into this story. After establishing Baba as a man who was cruel enough to disown his own daughter because she fell in love, to suddenly have him confess to lifelong pangs for a college sweetheart makes absolutely no sense.

With regard to Nidhi, I would have applauded her actions if they had stemmed out of a recognition of his loneliness or need. In fact, her own father lost his wife when he was very young. Till date, we have not seen Nidhi recognize even the vacuum that her exit from his life must have caused. She is purely reacting to what she recognizes as Baba's last wish. I don't think she is even thinking along the lines that you have so beautifully explained.

But yes, showing Ashutosh as a man who is not sensitive to his Baba's emotional needs is ridiculous and stupid. Even doctors tell the family to keep a patient happy and satisfy his desires so far as possible. So showing him as so rigid on this matter is ridiculous to say the least. Ashutosh is not a man who has cared for social propriety. Without a care, he stood up and supported Mandira and her husband when not even Nidhi had the guts to speak up. Similarly, his firm stand in favour of love during the Kerala track and his subsequent withdrawal out of sheer respect for Nidhi's wishes is example of his respect for love as an emotion. The creatives are clearly bent on butchering him. But what is new? He has always been their favorite target! Soap writers have a very simple formula for TRPs - glorify women and butcher men. Hope it works for this show.

So yes, finding emotional bonding in the twilight hours of your life is indeed a beautiful thing. Sadly, it simply does not fit into this story. Strictly my point of view!

Edit- Mam...please do not underestimate the younger generation so much..we may not have your kind of life experience...but we are quite capable of understanding and appreciating mature ideas and concepts as much as we appreciate candyfloss romance...!
Edited by sharadrocks - 11 years ago
rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mithalee

Hey i am sorry if i hurt anyone through my comments...i take back my words...sorry rajiniji if i hurt u in any way...i am really sorry

Mithalee you are mad . Who said you hurt anyone. You are still a kid . Dont think too much about these things. Aap sirf Amita ka Amit ke bare me socho😆
As soon as this track gets over hum phir se masti karenge.
parmarA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
And yes rajani i want to share with you something.My uncle had lost my anty at the very big age means my anty died at the age of 53 when their children grown up and got settled and got merried.But fir mere uncle ne shadi kar li aur woh bhi 40 ke aaspas ki thi.Tabse unke ghar me kohram mach gya hai bache aate hai chillake jate hai.Beti aati hai zagda kerke batwara karneki baat karti hai.Aur uncle ka pention aata hai,ghar hai khud ka lekin chain aur shanti nahi hai.Main aise marriage ke khilaf nahi hoo lekin fir bhi dar to lagta hai.
Krrish4You thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rajani: Superb post... It's very emotional & sensitve type topic u opened.. I will nt comment anything regarding it.. Sorry..
ttrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Reserved. Shall write few More things here when I have more free time.

Thank u so much Rajni for making this post... I admit that initially I was a bit apprehensive of this track but after watching wed. & thu. episodes, I am really really happy with the way this track has been initiated & eagerly looking forward to how it unfolds. Splendid acting performances are given by ANji, SK & KK.

Your post has it all that I wanted to tell... I dont understand why there is so much negativity about this track in forum... And that too without looking at the storyline with the angle that the CVs are introducing us to. I cannot determine whether this will be a crowd-puller story or not as this concept is again dependent on individual perception -- some would like; some wouldnt even accept. Dont know about others but I really admire CVs for bringing such a nice thought to us thru KTLK. Only & only team KTLK can do this and I am proud that I am a ktlk fan... Edited by ttrocks - 11 years ago
rajanigandha26 thumbnail
Sorry friends. Pg 1 of my own post is not opening due to firewall problem. will read  and reply later.