Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera
Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera

India-Forums

Perplexed over pox

silvermoonlight Goldie
silvermoonlight
silvermoonlight

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged
I watch this show when I get a chance as I adore Veera and the witty dialogues the CVs have given her (someone must have a little kid at home cause Veera's curiosity is hilarious and true)..I kind of don't want them to grow up in the show

So I am confuzzled over this whole chicken pox aka 'mata' thing

Why do they call it 'Mata'?  and why are they reacting so seriously to pox?

Nowadays its a common thing all kids get..and its curable as well..so I was a little surprised to see everyone shocked and reacting so strongly to the chicken pox

I had it when I was a teen, and man does it suck...you are itchy everywhere...but aside from that I was fine

Edited by silvermoonlight - 24 January 2013 at 11:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarina

Xarina IF-Sizzlerz
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged
I don't understand the seriousness of this chicken pox thing either.  I remember when my children were younger and had them.  Four four days I did nothing but cover them in calamine lotion and sit and stroke them for hours on end.  It soothed them and me.LOL.  People over here actually have chicken pox parties!  Get them over and done with before school life starts.  The same chicken pox virus can turn into shingles in an older person and is actually quite painful.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zaina5Nikki_Titli

silvermoonlight Goldie
silvermoonlight
silvermoonlight

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
I've never heard of pox parties lol
I'd charge admission hehe...calamine lotion as a party favour

So why do they call it Mata?
uniquebluerose IF-Dazzler
uniquebluerose
uniquebluerose

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
In India in many places there is superstition that Chicken for is form of sickness which comes when godess Durga enters our body or something like that...even down South in Villages they call it some thing similar and i guess here the story is about a village in Punjab so no doubt they show it with seriousness...

and yet it is seen as serious disease here because of the marks it may leave and the way it spreads easily to other who haven't yet got it!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gabchoo38greatsaleen

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index