Sham Nikha? - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Can any Muslim friends help me answer this question, i am just asking to know more about Muslim culture in India.

Why in QH they shows in engagement, the man will put the ring on the woman's hand himself? Is the muslim in India really practice that? Because in my country, normally the mother of the groom-to-be is the one that will put the ring.
Originally posted by an_k

Nikkah can happen at any time of the day Morning evening Night etc...yes there are some particulars for a Nikkah...

First there are some conditions that are written on a Nikkah Nama that is a documentary proof of a wedding on hich the basic rights of Bride towards Groom are written like Haq Mahar amount ...this is a particular amount of money that Groom has to give to the bride to show his stability and make Bride feel Financially stable...

Apart from that there is a condition that says both are agreed on a stance that Bride can take divorce from Man as Man can take it from the brode it is optional if Bride wants to hav this right or Groom wants to give it ...apart from that there is a long list of coditions implemented on Groom n Bride for there life time...

Their is  another condition in which Groom gets abide by the Sharia Law in which he can't marry anyother woman without getting a permission from the first wife etc

Then VERSES of The Holy Quran along with the some other Arabic verses from Prophet (MPBUH) are said and then Bride and Groom are asked seperately if they are willing all by their hearts to marry the respected partner...If Groom and Bride both Three times agree to it then the Nikkah gets completed after which again some Quranic Verses related to the responsibilities of both are said ...

You are my savior. Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Originally posted by errah

Can any Muslim friends help me answer this question, i am just asking to know more about Muslim culture in India.

Why in QH they shows in engagement, the man will put the ring on the woman's hand himself? Is the muslim in India really practice that? Because in my country, normally the mother of the groom-to-be is the one that will put the ring.
I think this question would best go in the Religion Question sticky on the forum.
I just realized that existed now.

Sorry Mods!
there is no rasams in nikkah.. just give haqq mahar amount to the bride from grooms side, and then say qubool hai 3 times... its simple...btw, cant do contract marriages in islam...its prohibited...
Nope. Both the man and the women have to say Qubool hai three time plus the groom's side needs to give haq meherto the bride and that's it. It's not anything like in the hindhu marriages (sindoor,mangulsutra,pheres) There's no way. So u're idea did actually go in trash:(
Originally posted by errah

i am not from India but from Pakistan ...first in Islam there is no such thing as Engagement bt if its just abt making Bride n Grom know each other a bit in a restricted way then its allowed ...Its optional either the Mother of the Bride or Groom can put it or they can put it themselves too..as Girl n Boy are even allowed to see n meet other before marriage in a certain way
Originally posted by -ForeverYours-

You are my savior. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

welcome dear i hav added a bit more u can read it
Originally posted by -ForeverYours-

But are there like rasams and if yes what is "the most significant rasam" (Like in Hindu weddings it would be the sindoor, mangalsutra, and saat phere).

Basically is it possible for me to write a situation where Asad weds Zoya out of the blue?

No bride and groom has to say qubool hai and sign nikah papers !! there are some verses recited before the maulvi asks the bride and groom for approval..
even i don't about that...😕