Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Deathstroke

IF-Sizzlerz

Deathstroke

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged

Himmatwala will be my biggest hit to date: Sajid Khan

by Soumita Sengupta (January 24, 2013)

A nostalgic leading man with a special connection to the film; an actress who feels the film is practically launching her in the industry; and a director who predicts this film will be the biggest one he has made to date. If you haven't guessed already, that's Ajay Devgn, Tamannaah and Sajid Khan, who launched the trailer of their upcoming film Himmatwala at Gaiety-Galaxy cinema in Mumbai today. Also present at the venue were producer Vashu Bhagnani and Managing Director ' Studios, Disney-UTV, Siddharth Roy Kapur. Here's an by Browse to Save">account of this lively event.

Sajid Khan on Himmatwala

If you read any of my interviews, I have always mentioned Himmatwala as it is one of my favourite films since childhood. Even when I made Heyy Babyy, I actually had the draft of Himmatwala with me. So it's my dream film and it will be the biggest hit of my career as well as the biggest hit of everyone attached to this film.

Khan on the old Himmatwala

I would like to clarify that this is not a spoof on the old Himmatwala. I have made a new version of it. And it does not feature guest appearances by Jeetendra ji and Sridevi.

Khan on Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah

I had not seen a single film of Tamannaah's before she auditioned for this one. I can assure you guys that she will be the next big thing in Bollywood. And what can I say about Ajay Devgn? He is the real Himmatwala in our industry. Actually, Ajay has a special connection with Himmatwala as it was his father who did the action-direction for the earlier Himmatwala. That's how we started communicating for this project.

Devgn gets nostalgic

I felt very nostalgic during this film. The film is set in the '80s and reminded me of my earlier films, which I had done when I made my debut to the industry. I had visited the sets of Himmatwala as my father was the action-director for that movie. I had also visited Gaiety Galaxy when it was a single-screen to watch the reaction of the audience for my debut film Phool Aur Kaante. When the first song started, everyone started throwing coins. One of them hit me on the head and I still have that coin with me!

Regarding this Himmatwala' we haven't copied anyone. We have simply retained the feel of the '80s. So I have worn a white shirt and pants but not white shoes.

Devgn on what he enjoys more ' acting or dancing

Dancing stresses me out, so I enjoy acting more.

Tamannaah on Himmatwala

I am actually from Mumbai, and have grown up here. I have watched many films in this cinema hall (Gaiety Galaxy). So I too have many memories of this theatre. Speaking of Hindi films' I was waiting for the perfect role, and when Sajid Khan approached me for this film, I couldn't say no as it has Sajid as the director, Ajay Devgn as the lead actor, Vashu Bhagnani as the producer and one of the best corporate houses attached to it, UTV. With this film, I feel as if I am being launched in Bollywood.

Khan on a sequel to Himmatwala

That totally depends on the response of the audience. If the film does exceptionally well, if the producers want a sequel and if we get dates from Ajay, we will do it.

Khan on making his first-ever action film

Heyy Babbyy and Housefull 1 and 2 were comedy-centric films but Himmatwala so be my first out-and-out action film. Actually, it is a mix of action and drama with comedy.

Khan on whether Himmatwala will reach the Rs 100-crore mark

As I mentioned earlier, Himmatwala will be my biggest hit to date. It will be among the top three films of 2013. I will never make flop films. Since I make entertaining films, I want the audience to feel happy while watching it. I don't make films for awards, I make them for my audience who should feel 'paisa-vasool' after watching my films.

Edited by _NaughtyBoy_ - 24 January 2013 at 9:41am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Himmatwala will be my biggest hit till date:sajid" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Uff Sajid KhanThumbs DownCensored

Just because Himmatwala is Ajay's movie...i don't want it to fail ...otherwise I can't stand the rants of Sajid...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

PigBenisrambo_rajkumarabby_girl30sarasingh86.Kiran.MrsimisamDeathstrokenikitagmcPhoenixRising

Ms.Reddy

Goldie

Ms.Reddy

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _NaughtyBoy_

As I mentioned earlier, Himmatwala will be my biggest hit to date. It will be among the top three films of 2013. I will never make flop films. Since I make entertaining films, I want the audience to feel happy while watching it. I don't make films for awards, I make them for my audience who should feel 'paisa-vasool' after watching my films.

Pinch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30.Kiran.MrsimisamDeathstrokeblue-ice

Deathstroke

IF-Sizzlerz

Deathstroke

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Uff Sajid KhanThumbs DownCensored

Just because Himmatwala is Ajay's movie...i don't want it to fail ...otherwise I can't stand the rants of Sajid...
the guy  has too much arrogance cos of his success record Dead

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sarasingh86abby_girl30.Kiran.Mrsimisamblue-iceHappyMelody

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Sajid Khan and his W*F statements Sleepy

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30sarasingh86.Kiran.MrsimisamDeathstrokeblue-ice

.Kiran.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Kiran.

This guy has huge ego. I don't wanna wish bad for anyone but just to shut his big mouth, I want his movie to flop. & Did he say his movie will be in top 3 in 2013? OH PUHLEASE!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

abby_girl30Deathstroke

abby_girl30

IF-Rockerz

abby_girl30

And I also tell my gf whom to work with...he is such a insecure prick

Hate his arrogance on top of it

Jackie leave this guy NOW Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.Kiran.DeathstrokePhoenixRising

HappyMelody

IF-Stunnerz

HappyMelody

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Sajid, Farah, Shrish make a nice family. Geez how on earth can Jackie blend in with them? LOL 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sarasingh86.Kiran.DeathstrokeLadyDabangg

Post Reply New Post

Go to top