The Vampire Diaries

Was LJ Smith Team delena??

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey guys, I am new to the TVD forum not to IF generally so was pleasantly surprised to find this forum πŸ˜Š

I read some article stating that L J Smith, the writer of the books  was fired because she wanted to have Elena end up with Damon which went against the publisher's desire of a Stelena ending. Is this true?? And if so can the publisher's who probably have the copyright also play spoilsport with the ending of the show?? I do know that the show does not have much resemblance to the novels but is there any possibility of the above mentioned occurring???

The link posted below highlights LJ's desire for a Delena ending
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/damon-and-elena/articles/94295/title/lj-smith-email-delena-fan
Edited by shar1988 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yeah I have heard that too...and I also saw it on the author's page.  L. J. Smith always said that Vampire Diaries was a story about Damon and Elena falling in love...but unfortunately when she started writing this book in early 90s, she didn know much about copyrights and stuff and when she got the offer from the publisher she signed away her rights without realizing what she was doing.  It was disgraceful that she was fired from her own books because the publishers did not like how she was going to end her story.

But the show is very different from the books.  This show is based on it but it is the channel who decides the storyline.  And the storyline will be based on what the audience wants, not just now but to make sure they make money after the show ends with dvds and syndication, they will try to make the audience happy.

One big example of this is the movie made on The Count of Monte Cristo (my all time fav book)...those producers changed the ending of a classic because they didn think their audience will like the actual ending...made me really mad!...Because it was a classic but they still didn hesitate to mess with it.

Anyways whatever happens I am rooting for Delena!
Edited by rainfire - 11 years ago
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Yeah I am rooting for a Delena end tooπŸ˜›
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I don't know that but I definitely feel very bad for Smith. I have not read the books and not even planning to since I got to know from friends here that SE is the endgame. Nope. Not acceptable to me so I am not gonna read the books. If Smith would have written it and finished it with DE endgame then definitely I would read them all! πŸ˜›
rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: iMadz

I don't know that but I definitely feel very bad for Smith. I have not read the books and not even planning to since I got to know from friends here that SE is the endgame. Nope. Not acceptable to me so I am not gonna read the books. If Smith would have written it and finished it with DE endgame then definitely I would read them all! πŸ˜›

I completely agree...the only reason I didn pick up these books is because of SE endgame in the books.  And I am sure tons of DE fans feel the same about it...which is a good revenge for Smith because I am sure publishers are now regretting their decision.
moosewithgoose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I read all the TVD books until LJ Smith wrote them and fell in love with tehe way she wrote Damon and Elena's story and then I heard she was fired because of wanting and Delena endgame and was mad at Alloy but luckily I had come to know about the show and although they are a lot different than the books I couldn't help loving them again. Im pretty sure the show and book are different and hopefully DE will be endgame in the show atleast..it will be some sort of justification for the original vampire diaries book and also because Delena is more popular than Stelena in the show.
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
There's no point in reading after the.. i think 4th? book because after that, they have a ghost writer write using her name. -__- The story gets so confusing after that. A place called lower than hell for vampires, Kitsune foxes, Damon's death, Elena becomes some weird angel baby... *shakes head* I couldn't understand it.
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Since Stelena were endgame in the books, many people are thinking that Delena will be endgame in the show since the writers are going a different way than the books. If Delena were endgame in the books, then I think Stelena would be endgame in the show. Anyway, I just hope Delena is endgame and we don't see Elena still choosing between Damon and Stefan. For once, I hope she sticks to her decision of wanting to be with Damon, for both the Salvatores' sakes.
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: rainfire

I completely agree...the only reason I didn pick up these books is because of SE endgame in the books.  And I am sure tons of DE fans feel the same about it...which is a good revenge for Smith because I am sure publishers are now regretting their decision.

Exactly. What a waste of time when you are rooting for Delena and get SE as an endgame! πŸ˜† I feel better coz I checked once with the ending coz I really wanted to read but I read and heard about the books and I was like...Noway, I am gonna waste my time reading this!

And you know, I wish with everything I have that show just does not follow books. I don't know much about books so I can't tell if show is following books or not but I HOPE NOT! From all the talks, books sounds confusing, boring and literally stretching. And biggest point, no Delena endgame. So, I just hope show does not follow books at all.

Eggon_Snow thumbnail
You know what guys I hope of course that we get Delena as endgame in the show but unlike LJ Smith who was on our team Julie Plec seems to be Team Stelena😭...yet I hope fan pressure will ensure a Delena ending.πŸ˜ƒ