Supernatural

India-Forums

8X11 - LARP and the Real Girl - REVIEW

-Mystery- IF-Veteran Member
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
So after complaining a lot, finally an episode that I thoroughly enjoyed watching.  Everything was just perfect in this episode.  Can't say it enough, totally loved it!!

The beginning and the ending clearly showed the ice between Dean and Sam thawing. FINALLY!! About time.  Dean was concerned in the beginning..  When asked Sam, "You okay?" I was reminded of the good old days when the brothers felt what the other was feeling.  Their relationship is beginning to resemble normalcy.  And I couldn't stop smiling when Sam said in the end, "You're right. Having fun won't help me. It'll help both of us." Sam saw how much Dean was enjoying LARPing so he decided to join him so the boys could enjoy together.  This is the Sam and Dean, the brothers, we've loved for 8 years.  And notice Dean's expression there... he was obviously totally ecstatic but then suddenly he's like "Yeah, sure, I'm doing it for you only LOL"

It was a unique concept and the episode kinda had a light undertone.. Especially with Charlie around or maybe because Sam and Dean are trying to, in Cas's words, stow their crap.

I couldn't stop laughing at Dean's expressions throughout the episode.  Hilarious!! Totally cracked me up.  Anyone noticed that he has these small reactions to everything that's going on?  Even when he's in the side shot, you can see him responding to what's going on.  Like when that guy drops his dentures and the other guy picks 'em up and gives 'em back to him.  Dean moves his lips weirdly.  Jensen Ackles is one brilliant actor. Hats off to him. Clap

Felicia Day as Charlie was as refreshing as she was in the episode she first appeared in. Charlie has a certain spark to her personality - loved her.  Loved the way Dean was bonding with her.. really like "the little sister he never wanted." LOL  He actually shared everything with Charlie. Can you imagine that?? DEAN sharing ANYTHING with ANYONE?! LOL  Loved that Charlie told him on his face that that was a 'dick move' and Dean agrees but you also see his point of view. In this line of work, attachments are not good.  

"Call me, maybe?" Hahaha... I totally cracked up at that line of Charlie's.  First because that was so Charlie.  I personally am not a big fan of that song Embarrassed But it fit perfectly in the situation LOL 

But my favorite scene has to be when Sam and Dean meet Charlie in the tent.  You could see how alike Dean and Charlie were.  The way Dean gives her advice on her army and the thing about the poison LOLLOL  Adorable.

AND the ending was, of course, EPIC!!!!Embarrassed

Charlie: Isn't that the speech from...?
Sam: It's the only one he knows. ROFL

5/5 - Loved the episode! It was just as much fun as I was expecting it to be.

Edited by -Mystery- - 24 January 2013 at 12:59pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt~*sindhu*~rahmona_paksweherms_angelRolzzEphemera

herms_angel IF-Sizzlerz
herms_angel
herms_angel

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
The episode reinstated the following facts for me :

1) Jensen Ackles is a brilliant actor, far beyond perfection.

2) Charlie is awesome.

3) Dean and Sam are love, their brotherhood is something really you cannot describe. <3

4) Jared padalecki plays Sam to the hilt, makes Sam grown on you.

We need an episode like this, acted like a breather. It nearly strikes balance, it almost blended all the ingredients of what makes an episode among the good ones. I'm glad to say it lived up to my expectation, if not surpassed them. So loved it! <3 Anything else? Yeah, Dean and Sam are back baby! :)

I'd give it a 8/10. There were a few things here and there that couldn't have been so much better but I guess I'm gonna be happy with the fact that we atleast had a start. :)

Edited by herms_angel - 24 January 2013 at 6:46am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

akkiiiiibeyonddarkness~*sindhu*~-Mystery-Ephemerarahmona_pakswe

~*sindhu*~ IF-Rockerz
~*sindhu*~
~*sindhu*~

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 3:15am | IP Logged
I loved your review ...As much as I enjoyed the hilarious take on LARPing ...I also loved how the brothers behaved with each other ...it's like coming back home for me ...I loved how Dean kicked in the role of being the big brother as soon as he saw Sam so quiet and sad ...Loved his concern and his need to make him feel better ...completely sidelining the fact that he wasn't any better than Sam at the moment ...but at that point it was Sam that mattered the most to him and thats all he cared about ...He was even ready to not hunt for a moment ...and that is the rarest thing in the show ...Dean Winchester not wanting to hunt ...that pretty much sums up his priority now doesn't it ...

And then we had Sam who could easily know what Dean is hiding beneath everything and he clearly pointed it out in the end ...that it's not only him who needs to get out of this current state ...Dean needs it as much ...and was also to do things that he clearly doesn't like :p but he will cause it makes Dean happy ...and thats what the brothers have always done isn't it ... irrespective of where life sends them and no matter what happens with time ...at the end their equation comes back to the same old watching each other's back ...

I wasn't personally happy with last week's epi ...it ended on a note where I didn't understand how does it solve anything for them ...they both look miserable with their choices...but this epi makes it better ...Their life was never easy to begin with ...they didn't have a normal life to lead...it was always twisted and miserable ...but.they got so far because they had each other ...and they still have that...and if they didn't chose each other then they would have been more miserable ...worrying about the other...feeling guilty if not being there to help ...to protect ..At the end it's always family in their case ...

Anyways coming back to the hillarious epi .. I love Charlie ...I always remember how Dean considered her a sister ...she so easily fits with the winchester ...she somehow looks like one of their own ...her face when she first sees them ...it was hillarious ...and that crown on Dean's head ...I cnt believe she did that and got away with it ...LOL The epi goes right on the list of my all time fav epis of SPN ...I had so much fun watching it ...and I have to mention some pretty classic expressions Jensen had in this epi LOL

Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 24 January 2013 at 11:38am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

akkiiiii-Mystery-rahmona_paksweherms_angelEphemera

-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

herms_angelEphemera

rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Great review on an amazing epi! Thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Sorry no long and detailed analysis from me, don't have have the ability to make any clever comments like you guys. But here are some silly thoughts (copying from my tumblr post).

-Charlieee! How I love thee! She's such a badass…and cool…and funny…and so much more. I love how well Charlie and Deans goes together. They are like two sides of the same coin. Belladonna!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

-Dean was awesome through out the episode. His expressions, his kiddish behaviour, his speech by the end of episode…LOL!!! William Wallace from Braveheart through and through

-Sam in a ponytail! Sam in a ponytail! SAM IN A PONYTAIL!!! This got me so excited. Weee!!!!

-I bet both Jared and Jensen had an awesome time shooting the last scene in the epi. Wouldn't surprise me if they messed up just to do some retakes.

-All in all a fun episode where we the fans could laugh instead of crying and having our hearts broken

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-herms_angelEphemera

-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
@Husna - Agree with those 4 facts completely! I've thought about JA playing Sam a few times like he was originally asked to, but I just can't imagine it. Dean was created for JA and Sam for JP.  JA once mentioned in an interview that sometimes some writers come to them and apologize because they sometimes forget that they are real people and not just Sam and Dean.  They play those characters to such perfection that I can totally see that happening.

@~*sindhu*~ - Thank you :) "It's like coming back home for me." I love that line!! Same for me.  Love your interpretation of what the brothers were feeling.  We finally saw the brothers we've fallen in love with over the 8 years. BTW, I love your avi. Chooo cute!

@rahmona_pakswe - Thank you :) Hahahah I knowww Belladonna ROFL... totally cracked me up.  Sam in a ponytail was a wow moment for me too! He pulled it off great.  Hey, I so agree! Now that you've mentioned J2 messing up on purpose, I can't wait to see the gag reel for this season.. I'm sure there'll be at least one or two hilarious moments from this ep!  And I love that line by Castiel in your sig box.

rahmona_paksweherms_angelEphemera

Ephemera IF-Sizzlerz
Ephemera
Ephemera

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
i cannot watch until its on AXN hereOuch
but guys do tell me where is the all round story standing?? i mean is this a filler episode (awesome one at that going up by the write up) or main progressive episodeEmbarrassed
SilentSilver IF-Stunnerz
SilentSilver
SilentSilver

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 1:50am | IP Logged
I FREAKING LOVED THE EPISODE!!!!
And the last scene was well epic!!

detailed comments later :P

-Mystery-herms_angelEphemera

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index