Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki

What they showed about U.S. is not true!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

svpg

Groupbie

svpg

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
What the CV's showed about U.S. and the people in U.S. is not necessarily true. I have lived in the U.S. the past 14 years and I have never been treated so rudely by any customs/immigration people. I agree that there might be some people who are rude, but it is the same in India as well. A lot of times there are cases where Indians treat Indians horribly. I love India, but at the same time I respect U.S. for their rules and how they follow them. There is a lot to learn from them.

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

rajeshuttangidesisangelraniduttaglamarousgeminiJust.Shanaksakshi1phadukaranShelDevk-kimyak.krithikacherieLovermissfilmyhotchpotchRBOjaisyjazzmitrabhuyanpoo_jsimikrDiehardYMfanSaraa.krockRockchickFaizaThe_May_RoseKhatamKahanisnowflake.-AkkiLuvsNBT-nature2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What they showed about U.S. is not true!!" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ranidutta

Groupbie

ranidutta

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Agree 100% with you

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hotchpotchRBOsimikr

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:53am | IP Logged
I agree, though there is racism in some cases...It might not be as strong as shown in Sanskaar...I suppose the CVs have to show the difficulties Jai Kishan faces, to have an emotional effect on the viewers Smile...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Just.ShanakhotchpotchRBOpoo_jsimikrkrock

svpg

Groupbie

svpg

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

@The_May_Rose,

Agreed ,it is a serial,so obviously there is drama and so everything is shown a bit over the top.

What I didn't like is the way they potrayed everything so terribly bad about U.S. and everything so gloriously good about India.Instead why not show what is really good about another place and try to imbibe some good from others instead of living in false pride?I am also proud to be an Indian but I don't live in the past glories of India's greatness which is a huge contrast to the reality in India today!

ShelDevhotchpotchRBODiehardYMfansimikrkrock

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by svpg

@The_May_Rose,

Agreed ,it is a serial,so obviously there is drama and so everything is shown a bit over the top.

What I didn't like is the way they potrayed everything so terribly bad about U.S. and everything so gloriously good about India.Instead why not show what is really good about another place and try to imbibe some good from others instead of living in false pride?I am also proud to be an Indian but I don't live in the past glories of India's greatness which is a huge contrast to the reality in India today!

I agree...But unfortunately serial don't show the reality...They show stereotypes...
It's the same in so many shows...In some cases even implying, western things are not as good as Indian...
In one serial I saw, the hero introduces oriental music in a party and the heroine changes that scene, into a desi item number song and dance...CVs could have used this scene, to make the heroine see that alternative things can be good...But that would be expecting too much from serialsEmbarrassed...
I am proud of my Indian heritage, but I love the British aspect of my life too Smile...
As you must also love many things about life in the StatesSmile

Edited by The_May_Rose - 24 January 2013 at 3:55pm

k.krithikahotchpotchRBOpoo_jsimikrkrock

nature2

IF-Stunnerz

nature2

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
srk walaa jo kissa huya the ussaay lagat hai cv

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simikr

phadukaran

phadukaran

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
agreed, i been in US for 15 years, and i never had faced any kind of racism and have traveled within and outside of US.  And yes, I had personally faced really bad experience while traveling to India.  Although i love being in India every time i go there.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hotchpotchRBOsimikrThe_May_Rosekrock

dreamyrose

Goldie

dreamyrose

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
agree wid u some people could be racist at points no offensive but some are really kind to everyone

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hotchpotchRBOsimikrThe_May_Rosekrock

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.