Page 1 of 1

ZAHARA.

IF-Rockerz

ZAHARA.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
How to tackle writer's block
By Zahara

Hey guys! This is a response to A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF where Shweta has written how to write an OS/SS/FF.  These are the tips that I use to help me tackle my writing and prevent writer's block. 

Planning

Now I know how much annoying it is to plan but seriously it makes all the difference. If you are going to start an OS/SS/FF then it will be better to plan especially if it's going to be a long one. You need a rough idea of what the story will be about so make a mind map (or something similar) with a few points of what will happen in the starting, middle and end. You do not need to stick to it but it will help you when you have no idea on what to write! If you think of other things to add, put them in so you know what you've already done and how to achieve the ending (adds to the consistency).

Chapter Planning

One thing that I find really helps me is planning each chapter. Usually I do two or three chapters in advance, and all it is, is writing a few words of what you want the chapter to be of. For example;

Chapter 1: Meeting lead characters, introduce family.
Chapter 2: Lead characters meet each other, they argue

Just simple words which will make the basis of your chapter. Again you do not  have to stick to it but it will give you a clear breakdown. The good thing about this is that when in the future you have to refer back to something that had happened you can easily access it through the planning. 

Consistency 

Sometimes It would be easier to go back and write what you've already written. The worst thing is when you read something and it doesn't make sense to what you've already written. For example, if you say a character likes one colour but you've forgotten what you've written, and put another colour, yes it  can put a reader off. Hence what I do is write all the things about each character so that anything I write in the future chapter(s) do not seem confusing. 

And finally...Have fun!

The worst thing is writing something that you don't seem interested in. That will add to more of a writer's block and as Faye says LWS (lazy writer's syndrome). 

Edited by ZAHARA. - 23 January 2013 at 1:03pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

hot.cakesbeauty14.Farzi.Kittya_CullenJiahKaJenKidrauhl..Labyrinth..-GoluGudiya-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How to tackle writer's block by Zahara." in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..Labyrinth..

IF-Dazzler

..Labyrinth..

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Reswa Wink LOL 

Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 02 September 2013 at 10:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ZAHARA.

hot.cakes

hot.cakes

Posted: 27 January 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged
Great tips!
I agree whole-heartedly to everything! Planning is like the most important thing... otherwise, BAM! :D

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
I have never planned.Tongue
I do have a central theme but, usually things do not work out if I plan.
Probably just me.
But, wonderful guide otherwiseSmile

-GoluGudiya-

IF-Rockerz

-GoluGudiya-

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Awesome Tips ! Will Surely Be A Great Help !

Post Reply New Post

Go to top