Qubool Hai

AAK his ideologies, story so far and yesterday's

kaussar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

I am neither a fan of KSG nor SJ (although I have come to appreciate and admire both for their acting skills) and I watch QH only because of its unique story (and story is the most important thing that hooks me to a serial and I guess it is because of my mature mind) and incorporation of many characters, and the due respect and consideration given to each and every character which makes the story gripping and an overall entertainer like none other.

QH's characters are very well etched and so far none has disappointed me including Raziya whose selfishness makes each and everyone hate her but another thing unique about this serial is there is no typical villain in this show till now.. be it Raziya, maamujan or even Haseena bi, even they are not typical villains.. but as the story unfold, I have a feeling that either Maamujan or Raziya could turn out to be the ultimate villain of this show..

Now, as a person who is neither a fan of KSG nor SJ, and as a person who had been watching QH for the story its trying to portray, let me dissect what happened in yesterdays episode simply based on story so far and the characteristics of Asad and Zoya, especially AAK.

Another thing I find unique about QH is that none of the characters in QH are just Black or white including the two main leads- Zoya and Asad.. they all have shades of grey' and the heroine is not the bhole bhale, side- sada  sweet girl, any mother in-law would immediately approve of for their son( only a woman like Dilshad who has gone through so much in life but is still not judgmental and is loving and kind would approve of her) nor is she the sacrificing, mahaan Bahu kind shown in Saas- Bahu serials' But she is still sweet, considerate, helpful, and thoughtful and can help someone who is being subjected to wrongdoing without even giving a thought to whether it would endanger her life. Andt at the same time she has her idiosyncrasies' she talks too loudly at times, she doesn't keep her mouth shut when she feels she is right, she enjoys life and doesn't hesitate to make fun of her host, she seems annoying to people who doesn't understand her and she herself enjoys annoying such people. She believes in taking care of herself on her own, believes in her rights as a woman including the rights of choosing what she wants to wear, but she is not definitely a Feminist. She knows when she would not be able to get out of a situation herself and does not hesitate to get another person's help..And though she tries to do things on her own, she does yearn for someone to take care of her and to help her at times and that made her dream of her Jahapannah six packs as Mr. Bond who she thought would help her in finding her Abbu.

Now, if the female protagonist is not the perfect epitome of womanhood, we could say the same for the male protagonist. AAK is an educated successful man who is genuine in his thoughts, who is caring and considerate towards his loved ones and can go to any extent to protect and keep the honor of his family and those he care for. But he has scars attributable to his past and his past has made him into a man with deep rooted ideologies which appears strange, judgmental, orthodox and harsh to people at times. And most important, he does not believe in love, not because he does not want it but because he is afraid of falling in love and going through what his parents went through.

Such is the character of the two leads in this serial. And it is trying to show how these two very individualistic people with their own set beliefs and values,comes to learn about each other's values, strengths and weakness and accept each other and fall in love with each other ultimately. This show is not trying to do the typical boy meets girl- gets attracted and falls for his/her looks and the magnificent character they seem to have as a birth right, which in real life never actually happens. Instead this is trying to show how two quit different individuals meet and learn to understand each other first before they fall in love.

Now coming to yesterday's episode and what actually was portrayed in it, I think we should not judge what actually happens, simply by basing it on that single episode. We should see it based on the characters and what they stand for and their beliefs and what the story has so far portrayed.

And when we think in this manner we can clearly see that AAK clearly has some attraction towards ZF. It was clearly shown on the first time he laid his eyes on her in that Darga. He felt her pain and he had tears in his eyes. He felt a connection towards her. But the next time he met her on the road and he almost hit her with his car, Zoya accused him and threatened him with her pepper spray and showed a side of her which he did not like at all. First impressions last and for Asad it was this first meeting of his with Zoya that made the impression (of a girl who does not have any qualities which he feels he likes and which he feels a girl should have) and he has forgotten about the girl he saw in Darga. And in this meeting and everything that happened later as well, there is always the clash of ideologies between Asad and Zoya. And it is this clash of ideologies that prevented Asad from liking Zoya and falling in love with her. But deep down he always has some feelings and attraction towards her, especially after the Akram thing. Why is he shown to keep Zoya's earring with him and stare at it soulfully after he decided to through her out of the house? Why did he like it when she was nice to him and made coffee and breakfast for him? Because that is his idea of how the girl of his dreams should behave towards him and how he wish Zoya is. So he has some feelings towards Zoya but that is always overshadowed by what he does not like about Zoya which is due to his ideologies, and that is what has prevented him in actually falling in love with Zoya all this time.

And that basic thing has repeated in yesterday's episode as well. Without any questions he had initially protected Zoya and ran away with her because he felt he had to protect her regardless of what she did because for one thing she is the guest of his mother. And he was quite calm and behaving well with Zoya all throughout that. But after the ordeal they went through when Zoya was trying to be funny ( and poor Zoya was just trying to diffuse the tension in her own way), he lost the control. We could see what Zoya was trying to do but he did not see it because he still doesn't know the real Zoya.. And he had shouted at her and wished for the day when she would go away from his life. And at times like this, the only thing that Asad sees in Zoya is trouble with a capital T. And he was in this mood when his uncle and the goons came and separated Zoya from him and asked him to go and save his life. At that moment his ideologies had once again clashed with Zoya's and the only thing connecting him to Zoya was just humanity. And his humanity is the thing which made him hesitate to leave Zoya and he did look behind all the time to see what they were doing to Zoya. At that moment he left, he did not plan anything. He did not plan to rescue Zoya later. He was just a confused man, fed up with Zoya and what he believes is her antics and her irresponsibility which has landed them in that situation but still unable to leave her and go because of the humanity in him.

So because he himself was so confused of what to do and what to believe and what to decide, he just went along with flow of the situation when guns were pressed on his neck and when he was told to go without the girl and save his life. But the moment his uncle told him the real reason why Zoya did what she did, he realized that he has once again misunderstood Zoya. That made the decision for him. And he knew that he could not leave Zoya to die and save his life. And it wasn't just guilt that made him run for Zoya. It was the truth of what he learnt about Zoya that unmasked a little part of his unknown feelings towards Zoya.. and that's the reason why they played Mitwa when he ran. Because at that moment he felt something more towards Zoya other than just guilt and humanity because learning about Zoya's courageous act has chipped away some of his beliefs about her which is  preventing him having any soft feelings towards her. He hasn't fallen in love with Zoya but there is feelings (there always was) and that was the reason for his desperation to find her.. now he will become really aware that he feels something for Zoya but some major dramas would happen before he really falls in love with Zoya because falling in love with Zoya will happen only when his image of her which he has formed based on his ideologies and what he believes is right and wrong changes completely.

Edited by kaussar - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mystic_nights_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
good post
same here i was never a fan of ksg...but after yesterdai i am crazy for ksg...i love ksg and surhibi...qh rocks
kaussar thumbnail
Originally posted by: EternalFrission

good post

same here i was never a fan of ksg...but after yesterdai i am crazy for ksg...i love ksg and surhibi...qh rocks

thanks Dear.
Yea QH is unique and it rocks..Mainly because of how the character are portrayed πŸ˜ƒ
_vineeta_ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written...

I am not a very avid reader, but read each word in your long post..

I feel Zoya is fitting his image of ideal life partner though, he said he wanted a girl who could bind a family, who would think about others before herself. Isn't she Zoya, she tried to unite two really sad brothers, sad pair of (Rashid and Dilshad unknowingly) and she is THE most unselfish person...

And you are right in how they create the character so real specially Zoya, who is not Mahaan(hate those types) and has flaws is adorable, annoying and full of life.

I feel we have character like Asad alot in other serials, but Karan does make it most believable though. He can cry and make you cry, scream make you cringe and laugh and make you blush...

kaussar thumbnail
Originally posted by: _vineeta_

Beautifully written...

I am not a very avid reader, but read each word in your long post..

I feel Zoya is fitting his image of ideal life partner though, he said he wanted a girl who could bind a family, who would think about others before herself. Isn't she Zoya, she tried to unite two really sad brothers, sad pair of (Rashid and Dilshad unknowingly) and she is THE most unselfish person...

And you are right in how they create the character so real specially Zoya, who is not Mahaan(hate those types) and has flaws is adorable, annoying and full of life.

I feel we have character like Asad alot in other serials, but Karan does make it most believable though. He can cry and make you cry, scream make you cringe and laugh and make you blush...

You are v right Vineeta
Zoya very well fits to the image of his ideal partner and she is everything you said. but Asad hasn't realized that because he sees  sides of her which he doesn't like because it does not fit with the image of his ideal.. Asad has to discover that beneath what he has seen in Zoya so far, she has values and characteristics which actually makes her his ideal, his soulmate..
And today's episode is really surprising.. because he has definitely realized his feelings towards her.. now whether he will admit it or not is what is to be seen.πŸ˜ƒ
GroverAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
i m happy to know how non-ksgians are becoming ksg fans...
kaussar thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Kriti--

i m happy to know how non-ksgians are becoming ksg fans...

Hi Dear.
im still not a fan hehe but i really admire the way he acts and the way he portrays a complex character such as AAK..specially yesterday and todays episode, he acted too well... may be i will become a fan too.. who knows?πŸ˜‰
jetredrose. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Loved your post! I normally don't like reading long posts lol but I read this one and you touched on everything very nicely.  Your analysis of the characters and yesterday's episode was so perfect and I agree with pretty much everything you said.  I like how you mentioned that Zoya needs someone to help her at times and also I like how you mentioned that in yesterday's episode it wasn't just Asad's guilt that brought him back to Zoya but the realization of who she really is.  He realized he has been ignorant towards Zoya's true character and only looks at her flaws but for once he's realized he's missing out on the true person and character that she is.  Love how QH has portrayed all of its characters.  
kaussar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Illuminated-

Loved your post! I normally don't like reading long posts lol but I read this one and you touched on everything very nicely.  Your analysis of the characters and yesterday's episode was so perfect and I agree with pretty much everything you said.  I like how you mentioned that Zoya needs someone to help her at times and also I like how you mentioned that in yesterday's episode it wasn't just Asad's guilt that brought him back to Zoya but the realization of who she really is.  He realized he has been ignorant towards Zoya's true character and only looks at her flaws but for once he's realized he's missing out on the true person and character that she is.  Love how QH has portrayed all of its characters.  

Thanks. and im glad you managed to read the long post and understood what i tried to convey.. Its difficult to write long posts as well but once in a whiel i feel like it and many times its difficult to convey things without detailed explanation.. so it becomes long.
Asad and Zoya and everyone s character in QH is complex and what they do is difficult to understand at times but if we keep up with the story from the beginning and think of how each person would behave based on their characteristics, its not difficult to understand.. i hope Qh team keeps up with the same good narration and doesn't disappoint us in future tooπŸ˜ƒ
kaussar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Yaariyan-

wow great posts

Thanks.πŸ˜ƒ