Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi ki

Screaming critics -Review of welcome..

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Review: Welcome… Baazi Mehman Nawazi Ki

• January 22, 2013
  •  
  • 1 comments

The most anticipated reality show, Life Ok's 'Welcome… Baazi Mehman Nawazi Ki', premiered last night featuring 5 celebrities:Sanaya IraniManoj TiwariVJ AndyNigaar Khan, and Ragini Khanna.

The show is based on the international series, 'Come Dine with Me' where five entertainment personalities meet up for dinner. One of the five plays host and is judged by the rest, on his or her cooking and hospitality skills.

The premiere night featured Sanaya Irani as the first ever dinner host who made an adorable yet strong attempt to impress the rest . Nigaar Khan was the toughest critic while stirring trouble and Manoj Tiwarioffered comical appetizers during the introductions. Andy felt a bit vanilla whileRagini was her awesome self with a bit of sugar and spice and everything nice.

The show was infused with some emotional, clichd and fun moments like Tiwari's divorce revelationNigaar's stones in the Pasta, and VJ Andy's dance. Though the dinner didn't go exactly as expected, but it seemed like the guests had an entertaining evening.

Before we review the show, we're compelled to ask, where was Ram Kapoor? We were anticipating to catch Kapoor in his awesome entertaining off screen presence while he played host. But other than a short introduction, Kapoor was missed for the most part.

The duration of the show should have been for an hour. It seemed like there was too much going on. Everyone was happy for a split second and passing sarcastic judgments in the next.Imagine a week of Bigg Boss jammed in to a 20 minute show.

But makes 'Welcome…' a fun show to watch is to witness some off-screen madness from our favorite celebrities and the one liners! The narration was well scripted, while Manoj Tiwari's confusion was entertaining. (Side note: " la Carte… Yeh Chinese Hai Kya" was hilarious.)

Verdict: 'Welcome… Baazi Mehman Nawazi Ki' is a fun, entertaining reality show. The clichd conflicts could be toned down. Perfect choice of celebrities and a fresh new format for the small screen makes it worth the watch.  Screaming Critics gives 'Welcome…' ***1/2 and a B+ Grade.

What did you think of the show? Catch 'Welcome… Baazi ehman Nawazi Ki' on Life Ok, Mon-Sat at 10 pm.

Image Copyright: Life Ok 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ponga.Pandit2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This show is Perfect substitute for the addictive show like bigg boss !
Tfs...
manoj even thot dat d host wud b a french celeb..🤣
he ws d best only dat he didn't eat...

Sanaya was so sweet
Koeli thumbnail
well i think it was a good move by the production house and the channel. they were successful in creating the hype by bringing in ram kapoor as a host but his role is not as much as we thought it might be.

secondly another tramp card was sanaya irani, they new her popularity after her previous show closure and how her fans were waiting for her to see onscreen and making her the first host celeb though it was slightly negative for her as she had no clue about the guest and their likings, but the channel got a pretty good start. i am sure the TRP will be rocking but i wish they made it more crisp and concentrated more on the host celebrity rather then the guest celebs.

lets see how they manage in future. the real drama will begin next week but i am sure they will have good back up plan with other popular faces...
xMidnightStarx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing :)
.RudraParo. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I was actually looking forward to seeing Ram on the show. I was expecting him to host the actual show but it turned out that he was there only in the first episode's beginning. He wasn't in today's episode either :(

I agree with them on the episodes being too short. Everything goes by so fast, one minute they're all happy, the other they're fighting! It should have been longer. Also, they could have done something more to bring in some drama since it's scripted anyway. The fights are over such small and petty issues 😆 Anyways, overall it's a fun show 😳 Sanaya and Ram are two people I'm watching for <3
bangles thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Am disappointed with Ram Kapooor's 'hosting' - he failed to impress after all the hype.
The worst thing about this show for me is Ram Kapoor.
Dizagaox thumbnail
As a die-hard fan of the original show in the UK, I don't think Ram Kapoor is needed at all. You just need a very funny narrator.

Also, whilst I liked the Saturday show, I prefer the original format of finding out the winner of the week on the Friday episode, instead of on a separate show.

I like the show a lot by the way, and thanks for sharing this review!