Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 09 February 2013 at 8:39am | IP Logged
and again an amazing update ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapStarStarStarStar

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ephemera

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "POP culture and Trivia in SPN (Page 5)" in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayanti_ashiuv

Originally posted by lakshmi_3004

Clap lovely as always, L..and look at your dpEmbarrassedShocked JA n HCBlushingBlushing

do you know HC??ShockedShocked
OMG you are blushing...Shocked do you like him?? or used to??Embarrassed
well yeah JA JP and MC are like my elder brother..and HC is like my best friend...and i am fan of both of them from many yearsEmbarrassed

yeah L, i have known him from his LRL days and i do like him a lotSmileEmbarrassed
then y dont you come in HC FC? i invite you to be active member there

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 10 February 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged

Clap lovely as always, L..and look at your dpEmbarrassedShocked JA n HCBlushingBlushing

do you know HC??ShockedShocked
OMG you are blushing...Shocked do you like him?? or used to??Embarrassed
well yeah JA JP and MC are like my elder brother..and HC is like my best friend...and i am fan of both of them from many yearsEmbarrassed

yeah L, i have known him from his LRL days and i do like him a lotSmileEmbarrassed
then y dont you come in HC FC? i invite you to be active member there

okEmbarrassed

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:27am | IP Logged
S1 EPISODE 10- ASSYLUM
Filming Location: Riverview Hospital; The Old Terminal Pub
Dean: I'm Nigel Tufnel, from the Chicago Tribune.
Spinal TapThis Is Spinal Tap is a 1984 documentary, directed by Rob Reiner about heavy-metal glam rock band Spinal Tap.
Dean: [to Sam about John] I love the guy, but I swear he writes like friggin' Yoda.
Yoda is a character in the Star Wars universe. Yoda speaks in an unusual manner by placing verbs (and more frequently, auxiliary verbs) after the object and subject. In linguistic typology this is the "Object Subject Verb" format. A typical example of Yoda's speech pattern is from Return of the Jedi: "When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not."
Dean: [to Sam] Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel.
Haley Joel Osment starred in The Sixth Sense, in which he played 9-year old Cole Sear. Cole has psychic abilities; he "sees dead people," and is rather emotionally scarred by this ability.
Dean: Hey, Sam, who do you think is a hotter psychic: Patricia ArquetteJennifer Love Hewitt, or you?
Arquette plays psychic Allison DuBois in the TV series Medium; Hewitt plays psychic Melinda Gordon in the TV series Ghost Whisperer.
Dean: Man, electroshock, lobotomies, they did some twisted stuff to these people. Kind of like my man Jack in Cuckoo's Nest.
Jack Nicholson played Randle McMurphy in the 1975 film One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (based on the novel by Ken Kesey). McMurphy, a serial petty criminal who has been sentenced to a fairly short prison term, decides to have himself declared insane so he'll be transferred to a mental institution, where he expects to serve the rest of his time in (comparative) comfort and luxury. Of course, the institution is a very bad place, and very bad things happen (all completely "natural"), but I don't want to spoil anything. :)
Dean: Spirits driving them insane. Kind of like my man Jack in The Shining.
Another reference to The Shining, a film in which Dean's Man Jack (Nicholson) plays a writer driven insane and homicidal by a haunted hotel.
Sam: No, Dean, I mean it was weird that she didn't attack me.

Dean: Looked pretty aggro from where I was standing.

"Aggro" is a common slang term originating in Britain and widely used in Australia, South Africa and New Zealand. It can be used to describe aggressive behaviour, or a situation that is a source of irritation to the speaker (e.g. "These roadworks are causing more aggro than they're worth," he muttered.) Dean probably picked up this term from association with tourists while on the road, as the term is not widely used in the States.
Could also possibly be a reference to computer gaming: the term "aggro" is used as a measure of how much hate/aggression a computer-generated foe holds for a player. The more aggro something has for you, the more likely it is to attack you. Whether Dean would be familiar with gaming terms is questionable.
Dean: All work and no play makes Doctor Ellicot a very dull boy.
Yet another reference to The Shining. This is possibly Dean's favorite movie. This line refers to a scene in the movie where Jack Nicholson's character, Jack, has been supposedly writing for months. His wife has heard him, day after day, pounding away on his typewriter. Finally, when he is elsewhere, curiosity get the better of her. She walks to the typewriter, and sees the sheet in place. Written on it are endless repetitions of the single sentence "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." She looks through the stack of papers neatly placed to the side with increasing horror; the book Jack was working on consists of only the repetitions and permutations of layout of that same sentence. Over and over, through hundreds of pages.
Dean: Doctor Feelgood was working on some sort of, like, extreme rage therapy.
Most likely a reference to the Mtley Cre album because, well, it's Dean.
The background story of this episode is similar to the 1999 film House on Haunted Hill starring Geoffrey Rush and Famke Janssen. Both involve ghosts of professors at abandoned mental asylums who carried out twisted procedures on their subjects.
Kat later appeared on the Hunter's Blog, although it has no content, and there is no confirming evidence it is the same character.
The episode was filmed at the Riverview Hospital, a location used in other Supernatural episodes and many Vancouver-shot TV shows. See also Shooting Locations

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

acklesmanicMS-meghasharma

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 15 February 2013 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
wowEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed and you know what, L? as a literature student i have always found this of much interest, because it truly captures the cultural aspects that is hidden under the apparently simplistic view, which can be gradually unfoldedSmile i can relate this very well to the many layered interpretation of a literary textSmile and thank you so much for sharing thisClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap please update soonEmbarrassedHug

Ephemera

MS-meghasharma

IF-Sizzlerz

MS-meghasharma

Posted: 16 February 2013 at 2:46am | IP Logged
wonderful update

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:51am | IP Logged
Season 1 Episode 11 : SCARECROW

Filming Location(s): Deer Lake; Burnaby Village Museum on Deer Lake Ave.
This episode is supposed to have taken place in Burkittsville, Indiana. The horror movie "The Blair Witch Project" is supposed to have taken place in Burkittsville, Maryland.
While Burkittsville is a fictional location, the two towns Dean checked before Burkittsville - Scottsburg and Salem - are real towns in the southern part of the state. Nearby is Seymour, the birthplace of John Cougar Mellencamp who released the album "Scarecrow" in 1985.
William B. Davis who plays the Professor at the College, is best known as The Cigarette Smoking Man from The X-Files.
The apple trees in "Scarecrow" were actually hazelnut trees.S1Com, p. 64
Vince: [seeing the Scarecrow] Check it out. If I only had a brain...
A reference to the Scarecrow character from The Wizard of Oz book and movie. All the main characters in Oz lack something they wish for The Wizard to give them; in Scarecrow's case, it is a brain. The line itself is from the famous 1939 movie musical, in which Scarecrow and the others sing "If I Only Had a Brain"...
Dean: Hi, my name's John Bonham.
Scotty: Isn't that the drummer for Led Zeppelin?
Stacy: Sweetheart, that's what sacrifice means. Giving up something you love for the greater good. The town needs to be safe. The good of the many outweighs the good of the one.
Possibly a reference to lines from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan:
Spock: Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Kirk: Or the one.
Dean: Let's just shag ass before Leatherface catches up.
Leatherface is one of the family who wears a mask made of human skins and likes wielding a chainsaw in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, stars of the eponymous 1974 movie by Tobe Hooper (remade in 2003). The family's home is decorated with furniture and items made of human skin and bones. This interior design style is later referenced again in The Benders.
The urban legend of this episode (immigrants bringing their old gods to worship in a new country) seems to be influenced by the plot of the Neil Gaiman sci-fi novel American Gods, in which the deities of ancient mythology (Odin, Loki, Thoth, etc) are remanifested and recruited to fight the New American Gods. Kripke has said he is an avid fan of Gaiman's work.
As Sam says "we're not going to Indiana", it seems clear that they are not yet in the state. If they stayed where they were after the previous job, they are in Rockford, Illinois.
John phones Dean's cell, presumably because he doesn't have Sam's number.
Burkittsville was originally settled by Scandinavians, which connects the scarecrow to the Norse Vanir legends.
Sam stole a car to get to Burkittsville.
Dean's cellphone includes the numbers for at least Bren, Carmelita, Christian, Curtis, Dad, Donny, Robin, Sam. Of these, other than Dad and Sam, of course, the names seem to be art department crew members from the show: Bren Moore (Costume Set Supervisor), Carmelita Fowler (Property Assistant), Christian "Chris" Sneddon (Construction Coordinator), Curtis "Curt" Maze (On-Set Dresser), Donny "Don" McGill (Assistant Property Master) and Robin Stooshnov (Assistant Property Master).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

acklesmanicMS-meghasharma

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 08 March 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged
wonderful as always, LClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile sorry, i could not come earlier..not getting time at allCry

Ephemera

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Supernatural Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.