Page 3 Page 6

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 12:16am | IP Logged

Season 1 episode 4

phantom traveler

Trivia & References

Filming locations: Vancouver, Vancouver International Airport, South Terminal, where Jensen and Jared regularly catch their flights to L.A.
Dean is humming Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster" on the plane to calm himself down.
Christo is not Latin for "God" but Greek for "The Anointed One" (as in the title "Christ"). Moreover, it should be "Christus" or "Christe" - "Christo" is in either the dative or ablative case, and therefore means something like "to Christ" or "by Christ".
For a brief period after the episode aired, when you called Dean's 866-907-3235 number you'd get the following message: "This is Dean Winchester. If this is an emergency, please leave a message. If you are calling about 11-2-83, page me with your coordinates." 11-2-83 is the date of Mary Winchester's death.
If you watched the version of this episode that aired on December 13, 2005, you heard the number they showed in closed captioning for Dean's cell number. They changed it from the original airing. They also changed the message you will hear if you call the original number that John said. If you call 866-907-3235 now, you will hear "Dad? We really need to hear from you. Leave me a message, text me, check your jwinchester1246 gmail. Anything. We have new info. " tv.com
In the close captioning the number given was: 785-555-0179. Presumably the original script, from which the caption text was derived, had the 555- number but then they changed it for the actual on-screen dialogue. 785 is the Kansas area code.
When Sam and Dean got to the airport Sam said they had half an hour to get on the plane because the plane left at 8 PM. But earlier when they were in the car he said that it was a five-hour drive and they would never make it in time. That would make it 2:30 in the afternoon but when he said that it was dark outside. tv.com
The twin-engine plane had the registration number C-GBBP when it was on the ground. In flight, it was shown as C-GUTV.
Supernatural's Blues Brothers
Dean: Liar. 'Cause I was up at three, and you were watching the George Foreman infomercial.
Sam: Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV.
George Foreman: Famous heavyweight boxer who is now best known for late night ads where he flogs his electric grill
Dean: Man, I look like one of the Blues Brothers.
The Blues Brothers were a comedic R&B duo comprised of John Belushi and Dan Akroyd that originated on the late night sketch show Saturday Night Live and later made two movies. The pair's usual attire were black and white suits, ties, hats and sunglasses.
Screencaps from 1.04 (top) & 2.14
One of the driving shots during this episode seems to be the same footage used in 2.14 Born Under a Bad Sign.
Sam: Yeah, he told me. It was a poltergeist?

Man: Poltergeist? Man, I loved that movie!

According to DVD commentary by Jared and Jensen, the man's line was added in post-production and was not recorded on-set.
Dean: Yeah, but this goes way beyond floatin' over a bed or barfin' pea soup.
References to the films The Exorcist, in which a little girl is possessed by a demon. Among her afflictions are bed-floating and projectile vomiting. Could also be a reference to Ghostbusters in which a woman is possessed and floats above her bed.
Dean: Miss Walker. Hi, this is Dr. James Hetfield from St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
Another classic/mullet rock star alias: James Hetfield is the lead singer of Metallica.
The episode number, 1.04, is a possible allusion to the famed flight 401, which crashed in the seventies. The ghosts of flight 401 were said to occupy planes that featured parts of the original plane and to help to save those planes on occasion. In this case, the reverse is happening- a demon is inhabiting his originally intended victims and attempting to cause the planes to crash.
Deleted Scene. The deleted scene for this episode is scene 34, according to the on-screen caption before it shows. With much squealing of tires, we see the Impala pull into the car park and Dean gets out. As he starts walking towards the airport, Sam calls him back, reminding him where they are going. Dean walks back to the car, opens the trunk and removes the weapons he had on him. Closing the trunk, Dean claims that he feels naked now.
Dean has a serious fear of flying.
Sam: Yeah, I know what an EMF meter is, but why does that one look like a busted up Walkman?
Walkman is a brand name for the Sony portable personal stereo player.
Brian Markinson who plays Jerry Panowski later appears in 8.08 Hunteri Heroici as Stan Thompson, father of Sam's partner Amelia Richardson

Minutiae

The first flight we see crash was United Britannia Airlines flight 2485, although the official episode description lists the flight as being a TransNational one.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sayanti_ashiuvFireLordPhoenix

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "POP culture and Trivia in SPN (Page 2)" in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jyotimena

IF-Rockerz

Jyotimena

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Keep postin'
i luv readin these facts!:-D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Season 1 episode 5 BLOODY MARY

Filming location: George's Taverna in Steveston, Richmond, Canada (Jess, final scene)
A great deal of the aesthetic of the villain (Bloody Mary) in this episode is taken from the Japanese horror film and American remake, The Ring.
The episode is set in Eric Kripke's hometown - some names of characters in the dialogue are shout-outs to his friends.S1Com,p.37
Filming location: The flight of stairs used when Sam and Dean return from talking to the coroner were used a couple more times in Supernatural, namely in 1.11 Scarecrow and 2.01 In My Time of Dying.
Dean: Do I look like Paris Hilton?
Said while Sam is filming Dean with a camcorder. Most likely Dean was making a reference to Hilton's infamous sex video, which made the rounds on the internet. It's also perhaps a bit of meta, as Hilton and Jared Padalecki worked together in the film House of Wax.
Ironically four years later Paris Hilton appeared in 5.05 Fallen Idols.
Sam reveals that he dreamed of Jess's death before it happened. At the time it was unclear if this was a premonition or simply an unconscious manifestation of his fears about his mother's death. It is later revealed to be related to his powers.
Steven Shoemaker's funeral was on Wednesday 21st November, according to the newspaper Sam was reading.
In Sam's vision of Jess standing in the street she is wearing a long white nightgown.
This is the first episode to feature the starburst clock. Dean takes it off the wall when he is in the process of covering up all the reflective surfaces in the motel room. It shows up in quite a few episodes each season.

akkiiiiiFireLordPhoenix

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
amazing..
and you have put such great effort to compile them Clap keep postingSmile

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayanti_ashiuv

amazing..
and you have put such great effort to compile them Clap keep postingSmile

aww thank you dear...
you can call me L..Embarrassed

awww thanks for encouraging words dear...means a lot to me..

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
S1 EP 6 - SKIN

Trivia & References

He's taking off his skin! Shapeshifter!Dean changes form
Filming Location: Gastown, near Victory Square
When Sam is reading his text messages on his phone, one of the messages was sent by a Jerry Wanek, a reference to the show's production designer.
The song playing in the pre-title teaser, In A Gadda Da Vida, may be an homage to the 1986 film Manhunter, in which the same song is background music to a very similar scene. Manhunter was the first film to feature the character Dr Hannibal Lecktor, a character Dean references on other occasions.
Jared Padalecki cited this episode as one of his favorites to the premiere edition of the Official Supernatural Magazine saying: "I really enjoyed Skin! Great sets!"
At the Paley Festival in 2006, John Shiban spoke about the gratification he got from coming up with scary concepts and effects.
"A fan was watching the show and giving her impressions as she watched it, "Oh my god, Dean's taking his shirt off!" And followed immediately by, "Oh my god, he's taking his skin off!" I knew then that we had it. I was very pleased with that."
The fight scene in which Sam fights shapeshifter-Dean was mainly done by the actors themselves. There are just a few edits that uses the stunt actors, the rest of the fight scene was done all by Jared and Jensen.S1Com, p. 42
Sam: I don't know, it was like he was downloading your thoughts and memories.

Dean: You mean, like the Vulcan Mind Meld?

From the TV show Star Trek. "Vulcans are a humanoid species [...] and are noted for their attempt to live by reason and logic, with no interference from emotion. A procedure known as a mind-meld involves physical contact with a subject (though instances of mind-melds without contact have been seen), making it possible to share thoughts, experience, memories, and knowledge with another individual."
The text in the ancient book, "written by a priest who went dark side", is taken from Julius Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico (Commentaries on the Gallic War), book VII.

Minutiae

Aerial shot later reused in 3.04 Sin City
The aerial shot of the Impala traveling through green fields dotted with livestock was also used in 3.04 Sin City.
The second victim (Lindsay) is played by Anita Brown who later played Hope Lynn Casey in 4.08 Wishful Thinking. She also had previously appeared as "Gill Girl" in an episode of Dark Angel alongside Jensen.
In 1.15 The Benders, Dean's police record indicates he died on March 7, 2006 in St. Louis.
Sam's contacts include Jerry Wanek and John Marcynuk, both named after production designers for Supernatural, and Mary Ann Liu and Stanislava Shmakin, both named after graphic designers for Supernatural.

sayanti_ashiuvFireLordPhoenix

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
wow...another enlightening update from you, LWinkSmileEmbarrassed..besides all the infos, i loved the fact that the actors perform their stunts mostly by themselvesClapStarClapClapClapClapClap wow TongueTongue

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayanti_ashiuv

wow...another enlightening update from you, LWinkSmileEmbarrassed..besides all the infos, i loved the fact that the actors perform their stunts mostly by themselvesClap wow TongueTongue

yeah that's y #SPNCast is so respected dear...!!!!Embarrassed
they are so so talented!! and adventourous too
good hearted..
and CUTELOL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Supernatural Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.