Supernatural

Per Angusta Ad Augusta FF - Updated Oct. 14 - FINALE! Pg.37 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 39

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Part 2 - Sidelining  the Differences

Dean, Sam, and Emery were in Greg Collins's house trying to figure out what was going on.  Sam and Emery fell into an easy working relationship but Dean just couldn't focus on work with Emery around.  He was keeping an eye on her which was obviously keeping him from focusing on the case.

"Sammy, give me a rundown again?" Dean's voice was a pretty good indicator of his agitation, especially because he wasn't doing anything to hide it.  On the contrary, his was putting all the effort into making his feelings well-known.  He didn't want Emery around.  End of story.

"This guy was found by his assistant right here in the living room.  His heart was ripped out of his chest, and according to the postmortem report, while he was alive."

"Sounds werewolf-ish to you?" Dean raised his eyebrows at Sam.

"No, no' I don't think it's a werewolf we're dealing with.  Werewolves almost always eat more of the body, but in this case, whatever it was, seems like it only went after the heart.  There wasn't a single scratch on the body," Emery joined the conversation.

"Oh, so your name is Sammy now?" Dean was taking his frustration out on Emery, hoping she'll get the message and leave.

Emery just gave him a death glare in response and a few moments later, returned her focus to the outline of the victim's body that was traced on the ground.

"Dean, Emery's right.  Werewolf attacks are much more violent."  Sam also seemed to think it wasn't a werewolf.  It just didn't look a werewolf attack, and they had certainly dealt with enough werewolves to know the difference.

"More violent than ripping someone's heart out while he was alive?" Dean's voice was sarcastic, but his instincts were also saying that it's not that simple.  Since when are they lucky to get something simple anyway? But he wasn't going to admit that in front of Emery.

"You know what I mean." Sam bent down across from Emery to study the tiny symbols. "Besides, the body was found in this circle with all these weird symbols around it.  Sounds ritualistic to me."

"So why don't you read your auras or do whatever you do to find out what it is?" Dean's question was pointed at Emery, of course.

"It doesn't work that way.  I can't see auras of anyone or anything that's not in front of me."  Emery had long since given up on cordiality with Dean and was just as bitter in her response as Dean was with his question.

"Ah.. so we have to rely on the good old hunting skills of ours. And here I thought you might actually be useful." Dean's attitude was mocking again and Emery was about to respond with an insult, but she didn't get a chance.

"Stop it, you two!!" Sam's voice came out pretty loud and frustrated.  He was getting sick of the cold war between Dean and Emery.  Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he went on, "Look, I get it. You don't like each other'"

"Understatement," Dean could see that Sam was holding on by the last thread so he didn't push it but had to at least get this out.

"The feeling's mutual," Emery said throwing a sarcastic smile towards Dean.

"Right, you can't stand each other. FINE! But we're investigating a death here.  And if we don't catch whatever's killed that man, there will probably be more. So suck it up. And let's try to behave like grownups. Okay?"  With that, Sam was gone.  Dean and Emery exchanged irritated looks.  They couldn't stand each other, but Sam was right.  They had a job to do, and they couldn't let someone else get killed just because they would rather argue than solve the case.  They couldn't have that on their conscience. 

Edited by -Mystery- - 09 February 2013 at 1:51am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

beyonddarknessflutterbychhiltherms_angelEphemera

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Per Angusta Ad Augusta FF - Updated Oct. 14 - FINALE! Pg.37 (Page 3)" in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:52pm | IP Logged

Part 3 - Zero Clues

After visiting the morgue and not finding anything new, Dean, Sam and Emery were in a motel room doing research. The victim's heart was missing but there wasn't a single scratch on his body other than that.  It almost seemed like the attacker went to great lengths to make sure the Collins wouldn't get hurt.  Other than of course, ripping his heart out.

Emery was studying a book on ancient symbols to make sense of the symbols they found in the circle with the body, Dean was digging up the victim's history to see if anything shady came up, and Sam was researching the history of the house and the town.

Emery suddenly closed the book with a thud.  Her words came out in exasperation.  "I got nothing that makes sense.  Most of the symbols we found have a history but nothing that makes sense with all of them together in a circle.  The only thing I know for certain is that this," Emery held up a printout of a photo taken at the scene with a bunch of symbols, "means First in Greek.  These symbols were carved right in the middle of the circle."

"First' So does that mean there'll be more of these?"  Sam had that very familiar lost-puppy look.

Sighing, Emery answered, "Your guess is as good as mine."

"There's nothing unusual about the house either.  Greg built it himself five years ago and has been the only one living in it ever since."  Both Emery and Sam looked at Dean hoping he'd have something.  When he didn't say anything, Sam inquired, "Dean?"

"Yeah, there's nothing about Greg that could link him with anything weird.  The guy has a clean record."

"So we're still standing exactly where we started?" Sam's disappointment mirrored Dean and Emery's.  They had spent hours trying to make sense of what was going on but hadn't found a single relevant clue.

"Seems like we're gonna be here for awhile." Emery wasn't expecting to be done in one day, but this case was turning out to be worse than she had imagined.  Nothing made sense.  Standing up and stretching her legs, she added, "I'll book a room." 

"Really?! I thought we were gonna have a pajama party and paint your nails!"

Dean's sarcasm was supposed to irritate Emery but she was beginning to understand that, so she responded, "Sounds fascinating but I'll have to pass.  Maybe next time?" Emery gave Dean a saecastic smile to match his sarcasm and stepped out the room.

This was interesting.  Dean had just tried to rile Emery up, but she didn't take the bait.  The girl was smarter than he was giving her credit for.  Very interesting. 

Edited by -Mystery- - 09 February 2013 at 1:51am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Prekshaguptabeyonddarknessflutterbychhiltherms_angelEphemera

flutterby

IF-Rockerz

flutterby

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:50am | IP Logged
@ mystery... wow!!!!!! part 1 simply amazed me... dean and emery's argument... was too good... and so detailed.. i really liked emery's words... ' no one but me gets to call the dibs around here', ' i dont care whether u came an hour before me or a month' ROFL

part 2 even though dean doesnt want to be cordial with emery... i still love him for his attitude... Blushing emery seems like a sweet kid to me.. i love the last line... Clap

part 3... very interesting... back to square 1... i liked dean's line... ' i thought we were going to have a pyjama party and paint ur nails' i am waiting for more      
1sm209yum photo 1sm209yum1.gif

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-Ephemera

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
@Flutter - Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the FF so far. Dean and Emery's arguments are my favorite parts to write actually Embarrassed More will be up soon, I'll try my best. You know, I simply love your emoticons! They're sooo cute :)

BTW, you can call me Mahi.

flutterbyEphemera

-MallyluvsJ2M-

IF-Rockerz

-MallyluvsJ2M-

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Awesome update
thnx 4 the pm

-Mystery-Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:07am | IP Logged
mahi...so sorry for not commenting before..was just too caught up...Cry with work

one single word is what i can say..

A.W.S.O.M.EShockedClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
@Mally and @L - Thank you for reading and commenting! :) Glad you like the updates! 

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Dean's attitude was oh..lalala...
and emery ...felt like funLOL

-Mystery-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top