Supernatural

Per Angusta Ad Augusta FF - Updated Oct. 14 - FINALE! Pg.37 (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 39

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
@Chhilt - Thanks a lot! Glad you're enjoying the read :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Per Angusta Ad Augusta FF - Updated Oct. 14 - FINALE! Pg.37 (Page 11)" in Supernatural forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

Part 10 – Emery's Past Hunts

Upon entering the room, Dean saw Sam working on his laptop and inadvertently rolled his eyes.  Sam was always like that.  Work and work, no play.

"Hey, so I have something that will ease your mind... about Emery," Sam said and Dean quietly grabbed a seat next to him.

"I'm listening."

"Well, so I talked with Garth and he has helped Emery a couple times.  He said that she had Bobby's number so I'm guessing she worked with him too."

"Yeah, she did.  Bobby helped her once with a particularly brutal exorcism."

Sam shook his head quietly before catching onto what Dean meant, then with wrinkles on his forehead he asked, "How do you know that?"

Dean tossed something that looked like a diary towards Sam, "From Emery's journal."

"Emery's journal? How did you..." Then suddenly thinking the worst, he demanded, "Tell me you didn't steal this!" When Dean replied with a deceivingly mocking grin, Sam yelled accusingly. "DEAN?!"

"Calm down, Gandhi!  You really think I'm capable of stealing someone's journal?"

"Yeah!" Sam replied without missing a beat.

"Huh... yeah... you're right," Dean was seriously thinking about it when Sam gave him THE look.  "I didn't steal it, okay! Emery gave it to me."

"She did what?  Why would she give it to you?" 

"Well, she didn't exactly give it to me, just let me borrow it." And Dean told Sam everything that Emery had shared with him about her past. She wanted Sam to know but she just didn't think she could tell it again.

Sam was still going through the journal and said, "I can't believe she has been through so much.  And have you read this thing?  All the things she has dealt with, mostly all by herself!"

"Yeah, she said that since she always worked alone, she kept a detailed journal describing the what's and how's of every single thing she ever hunted."

Every single hunt except the very first one that had killed her brother. She didn't need to write that down as every single detail was etched on her mind forever.  The boys shared an impressed look.  There were entries on ghosts, a shapeshifter, a poltergeist, among other things.  She had even done an exorcism.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chhiltflutterbyEphemera

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged

Part 11 – Problems with no Solutions

"This case is totally screwed up.  I can't believe that even after constantly researching for a week, we still got no clue about what's going on, Sammy," Emery said in a teasing tone, expecting Sam to give her the annoyed look that clearly said that she could not call him Sammy.  Only Dean could.  And rightly so, Sam looked up from his laptop, a little annoyed.  "It's Sam, I know!" Emery was mimicking him. "I just wanted to see that look."

"What? What look?" Sam was rolling his eyes like she was crazy.

"You know the Only-Dean-Can-Call-Me-Sammy look!"

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah, seriously! You always give me that look when I call you Sammy."

"Well, then maybe you should stop calling me that?"

"And spare you all the annoyance? Of course not!" Emery was just teasing Sam.  She loved doing that and she had missed it for years.  This was the kind of relationship she had with her baby brother, Adrian. 

Sam shook his head in disbelief and threw a book towards her, which she caught in time. "Do some work!"

"I have read every single book I could find on symbolism twice, and this one," Emery paused a moment to read the title, "five times."

"It was that interesting?" Sam asked raising his eyebrows.

"No, the author sucked.  Couldn't explain a single concept."  Emery replied with a straight face getting a chuckle out of Sam.

"Yeah, well, it's not like I'm doing any better.  I added a couple of things to your board, that's about it."

"We're all stuck in the same hole.  It's something big... I can feel that.  I just wish we were closer in our hunt after all this time."

"Yeah..." Sam sighed. "Me too."

"By the way, where's that brawny brother of yours?"

Sam smiled at her description of Dean, she probably had no idea behind the history of that adjective, "No idea.  Haven't seen him since the morning."

As if on cue, Dean entered the room, "You know you two really need to get out of this room more."

"You know, Dean, some of us actually work," This was Emery.  Even though Dean and Emery were beginning to understand each other a lot better, they still gave each other hard time.  Some things never change.

"Oh, I was doing work. Very important work," Dean replied with a wink.

"Your kinda important or important important?" Sam asked.  Dean's reply was some more grins and one raised eyebrow, Sam knew better than to ask more.  Dean and his flings were nothing new.  So simply shaking his head, Sam focused back on his laptop.  Emery had a feeling that the boys were not talking about the case at hand.  What were they talking about then?  She also had a feeling that she was better off without knowing.

Emery felt an energy behind her a second before she heard flapping of wings.  Both Sam and Dean stared behind her a little surprised.  She turned her head and jumped back, a little freaked. After catching her breath, she stared at Cas, "Do you…" then she looked at Sam and finished her question, "Does he always appear like that?"  Sam nodded, sympathetically.

"Hey, Cas, what's up?" Dean knew that if Cas showed up without being asked to, then he probably had something important to talk about.

Confused, Cas looked up at the ceiling in response and a second later deadpanned, "I don't understand the relevance of that question."  Sam and Dean shared a knowing look and shook their heads while Emery continued to look at the perplexed Cas.  A second later it dawned on her that he probably took language literally. 

"Cas, everything okay?" One good look at him and Dean realized that he didn't appear all that great.  The boys had deduced that something was wrong from the strange way Cas had acted upon rescuing Samandriel.  Was something really bothering him? 

"Yes, yes, everything's fine.  I would like to know if you found anything else."

"We did.  It's not much but..." and Sam walked Cas through all the theories they had so far and the white board with all the connections they had made.

"Other than that, all we know is that the two victims had as much in common as Mother Theresa and Kim Kardashian." 

Cas furrowed his eyebrows at Dean's remark obviously not understanding what he meant. "Who is Kim Kardashian?"

Dean sighed exasperatedly in response and Sam explained, "He means they had nothing in common."

Cas replied in his serious voice, "I might be on to something but I am not sure yet.  I will get back to you as soon as I have something specific."  Cas was about to disappear and Dean couldn't just let his friend fight all his demons by himself, figuratively.

"Hey Cas, I think we could all use some break.  We're gonna go to a bar and take the rest of the night off.  Why don't you join us?"  Sam and Emery looked at Dean trying to figure out how and most importantly, why he came up with the idea.

"Uhh... Last time I consumed alcohol, it didn't end well," Cas said remembering the time he was "on a bender."

"You drank?" Emery asked disbelievingly.  Poor girl still believed in nice, innocent angels with halos and little white wings.  But then again, she hadn't fought a battle with them as Sam and Dean had. 

"Desperate times."  That was all Cas could say in his defense.

"But you're an angel!"  Emery didn't mean to say it accusingly.  Cas shrugged looking a bit guilty.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetheart, but real angels are not the guardian types that sit on your shoulders and protect you as mommy said."  Dean immediately regretted his last three words.  Emery looked at him with so much pain in her eyes that he felt like a Class A jerk.  His shoulders sagged as he noticed her eyes getting moist.  It felt like someone punched him in the gut taking all air out of his lungs.  Why was she affecting him that way?  Granted, knowing about her past, he shouldn't have said what he did but what he felt was more than remorse over a few words that shouldn't have been said.  Within moments, she blinked a few times and steeled the usual mask on her face hiding any emotion whatsoever.  She fully guarded her feelings.  The only times her mask fell were when she felt intense emotions. 

Sam diffused the situation, "I think I could really use a beer."  Giving Dean a hard look, he stepped out the room and Emery followed.  Dean had told Sam everything about Emery's past the night he learned about it himself.  She wanted them both to know.  And so Sam knew that Dean's comment was unacceptable.  Topics related to family were very sensitive.  They knew that more than anyone else.   

Dean noticed Cas giving him a disapproving look.  "WHAT?!" Dean said in his usual sharp manner.  Cas simply shook his head in response and vanished.

"Way to go, Cas! Being a real good friend, buddy," Dean said bitterly to an empty room before stepping out.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chhiltflutterbyEphemeraherms_angel

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
PM List for New Updates

I will only send you a PM for new updates if you ask me to.  Following are the people who asked me to include them on the PM list.  
  •  -najmeen-
  • beyonddarkness
  • chhilt
  • flutterby
  • herms_angel
  • juliet7dead
  • jyotimeena
  • lakshmi_3004
  • Prekshagupta
  • sayanti_ashiuv

If you'd also like to receive an Update PM, please hit like on THIS post.

Thanks,
Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 26 March 2013 at 8:48pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bumblebeelunabeyonddarknessjuliet7deadEphemera

flutterby

IF-Rockerz

flutterby

Posted: 22 March 2013 at 3:38am | IP Logged
wow... i really liked the way... u r revealing more and more... its awesome...

dean calling sam gandhi... of all things..  ROFL emery giving her journal to dean was much needed... now the boys can combine all their knowledge, expertise and fight the thing that they r hunting.. Cool

brawny brother... LOL i agree with sam.. good description indeed.. i even liked how emery, sam and dean r discussing abt the case.. when cass makes his appearance.. looks like cass is fighting his own battles.. Ouch i was Shocked when dean made an offer to cass to come to the bar with them...

Why was she affecting him that way?  Granted, knowing about her past, he shouldn't have said what he did but what he felt was more than remorse over a few words that shouldn't have been said.Evil Smile am loving the above.. Clap look forward to more.. Cool

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-Ephemera

beyonddarkness

beyonddarkness

Posted: 22 March 2013 at 9:58am | IP Logged
amazing update :-)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

sayanti_ashiuv

IF-Rockerz

sayanti_ashiuv

Posted: 23 March 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
sorry dear for reading and commenting almost after agesCry was so caught up with work, could not come onlynConfused well, what can i say about ur ff?? awesome update as alwaysClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap love the bond emery shares with sam and which is reminiscent of her bonding with her baby brother adrian in the pastEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed and i love how you subtly put humor in your updates..i loved the way poor cass was compelled to recapitulate his previous adventure with alcohol, which obviously did not end up wellLOLWinkEmbarrassed but poor poor emeryCryCryCry at the end she is hurt by dean's unintentional commentCry i so wish dean could give her a tight hug n pacify her a lilLOLEmbarrassedWinkDay Dreaming would love to see they are sharing a momentWink continue soon..take careHug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 March 2013 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
@Flutter - Haha Dean has all those crazy lines and  I'm trying my best to keep that in his character.. glad you're liking that.  There's a lot more to come. Keep reading! And thanks as always for your wonderful comments!

@beyonddarkness - Thank you!

@Sayanti - Oh, please don't worry about it yaar.. Life happens. Read and comment whenever you get the time :)  Thank you for noticing Emery's bond with Sam.. it's one of my favorite parts of this story! Not sure about Dean hugging Emery but there's definitely more of them in the next update ;)  Thanks for reading and commenting!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

beyonddarknessflutterbysayanti_ashiuv

Post Reply New Post

Go to top