Interview with Paul Wesley on Stelena, Damon

rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Ology Interview with Paul Wesley on Stelena, Damon, and Stefan

Ology talks to Vampire Diaries star Paul Wesley on his character Stefan, Stelena (Stefan and Elena's relationship) and Damon.

Warning: Spoilers Below

What will the dynamic between Damon and Stefan be like in the next couple of episodes now that Caroline has told Stefan about them together?

Actually, surprisingly you're going to see I think a little bit of bonding oddly enough because of some intense circumstances. We sort of team up in a way and sort of become close buddies I guess for the first time in a while. So our relationship as far as I'm concerned is one of the more interesting ones in the series because it's sort of this love/hate and push/pull and I think it's a really interesting way in telling a story. So, you'll see a lot of the same, which is sort of a love for one another, brotherly love, but also a hint of resentment.

There are so many layers to Stefan. Would you mind if the ripper returned?
I mean quite truthfully, I'm not very shy about it so it shouldn't be so shocking. I prefer Stefan as the ripper. It's more exciting. I love going into work. When you play a character that's sort of careless in his behaviors and he's just reckless and instinctual, it's less work as an actor in a way. I hate to say that, but it's kind of like you go in and you really just have fun. And sometimes when you're playing Stefan as he's contemplating and sort of agonized and depressed. It can become a little bit where that can translate a little bit into real life, so selfishly as a person I prefer it [the ripper]. I also find it to be a much more interesting character. I think Stefan has so much more backstory. It's fascinating when he explores his dark side. And I think the fans agree. But you know, everything has a push and pull and I think Stefan was dark last year, he's a little lighter this year, and I really hope that things go back to the darkness again.

Now there are rumors about Stefan and Rebekah. What can fans expect from that relationship?
I love it! I love
Claire Holt as a friend and as an actor so for me to work with her was a lot of fun. I really enjoy her personality and I love her as an actress as well. So for me it was enjoyable to shoot those scenes. And yeah, there's definitely flirtation. There's something'there's definitely something going on and I'll just leave it at that. [Laughs]

Will there be a chance for Stefan and Elena again this season?
I think it's always one of those things that it's just going to sort of be there and percolate. And they're always going to have a thing for one another. I think that they are never really going to go back to where they were or see more of, but it's definitely one of those things where there's still feelings on both ends on a genuine level. I don't know if I can really answer that'you're right, because I really don't know!

source: http://houseofvampires.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/ology-interview-with-paul-wesley-on-stelena-damon-and-stefan/
Edited by rainfire - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Stefen And Rebekah do have a thing :P

I would love to see them together

And even I prefer Stefen the Ripper :P
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
We need Katherine back for Stefan so the ripper can come out again. *sigh*
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey TFS..I hope Stefan and Rebekah happens, Stefan and Elena had gotten very boring off late or they can get Katherine back for Stefan so that each bro has his own Petrova doppleganger ๐Ÿ˜†
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Is it just me or does anyone feel that Paul Wesley and Ian do not gel that well
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I felt like they were great friends off screen. =/ 
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

I felt like they were great friends off screen. =/ 

Oh then maybe I need to go check out some offscreen videos...please do gimme a link if you have any of their offscreen bromance would love to check it out๐Ÿ˜ƒ
rainfire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shar1988

Oh then maybe I need to go check out some offscreen videos...please do gimme a link if you have any of their offscreen bromance would love to check it out๐Ÿ˜ƒ

you can find a bunch more on youtube...they are so funny together!๐Ÿ˜†
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Originally posted by: rainfire

you can find a bunch more on youtube...they are so funny together!๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks...and yeah I just read somewhere that Paul considers Ian to be one of his closest friends๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Badala thumbnail
Thanks for sharing...

Stefan and rebeccah ... ๐Ÿฅณ I an so excited to watch them together