-Priii-

IF-Stunnerz

-Priii-

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged
The joke's on the idiot box

By HT
Saturday August 12, 10:03 AM

Comedy rules. (So do bahus, but more on that a little later). The Great Indian Laughter Challenge and The Great Indian Comedy Show continue to be Star One's more popular shows. A procession of professional comedians present their talent for mimicry - if not their talent for genuinely funny gags. Ranvir (the one half of the Ranvir-Vinay team) does a stand-up routine before introducing the various 'artistes.'

For some reason - no prizes for guessing why actually - there are many swipes at the Bhatt family ("Mahesh Bhatt is very annoyed because after the Prince rescue episode, no news channel called him for his reactions") and for some reason, Mallika Sherawat too seems to pop up quite often (has she become some kind of a resident joke in the film and television industry? Or is it open season because she seems to inhabit some D-cup grade of filmmaking in Mumbai?).

Star One has also stolen Sab TV's long-running, Office Office, probably the best comedy show on Indian television. It's now called Naya Office Office. It's still the same show, it's still got Pankaj Kapoor and gang in it, it's still funny, but now it has - quite unnecessarily - a 'message' at the end. Why bother? The only messages that matter to Star are the ones from their sponsors. Meanwhile, Sab TV, the original 'no tears-only smiles' channel, has started a comedy band called Pure Battees. There are new shows like Ishq Ki Ghanti (three young men loiter about, checking out the chicks; it has its moments but they are few and far between) and old favourites like Yes Boss (which can actually be quite funny at times).

Zee TV's comedy offering, the Johny Lever Show works best when he's doing the gags himself. This week, Johny Lever interviewing Johny Lever-as-Himesh Reshammiya was a scream. (Himesh has become the other joke figure in the entertainment industry, with his nasal singing, cap and stubble). We've just been informed that there are going to be two fresh bahu serials on the small screen - Karam Apna Apna on Star Plus and Dulhan on Zee. The promos themselves are enough to make one's blood run cold - nasty sisters-in-law nastily pointing fingers at the bahus and making nasty comments, while the bahus snivel and cower in a corner.

Meanwhile, I think I've made up my mind on whether aerated drinks are bad for you. I mean: I'm not actually sure how many pesticides there are in Coke. But I'm convinced that watching the endless television programmes that focus on this controversy can be seriously injurious to your health. I accept that the issue deserved some coverage, but did we really need to watch the same debates featuring the same people on every channel for a second week in a row? By the end, I thought I was watching The Big Coke and We The Tired Old Guests. Surely Vikram Chandra, Sagarika Ghose, Barkha Dutt and all the nice people on Times Now whose names nobody remembers can do better than this?

And finally. Natwar Singh has been the news channels' other obsession when they tired of Coke and Pepsi. I'm sure the controversy is gripping but frankly, some of the programming reminded me of a special episode of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge starring Johnny Walker as Natwar Singh (am I the only person to think that there's a resemblance?) Of the many interviews, Karan Thapar's was - as usual - the best. Say this for Thapar, despite his Gestapo pin-up persona, he manages to get all these people to talk to him and admit things they wouldn't to other people. Makes you wonder how smart the former Foreign Minister of India is if he's so ready to offer himself up as a sacrificial lamb for Thapar. And how smart was the foreign policy he ran.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive NO COMMENTS (Page 5)" in Johnny Aala Re forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 01 September 2006 at 10:00pm | IP Logged

It was a sort of scoop which shook the entire production house and channel alike. And before we explain the entire episode, look at the headline once again. It's Preeta Jain and not Preeti Jain. The man too is not Madhur Bhandarkar, we are talking about Nitin Bhandarkar here.

This incident took place on the sets of Zee's laugh riot Johny Ala Re, which is famous for its spoofs on famous personalities. But for once, the latest spoof wasn't based on a famous personality. It so happened that the director, while casting his actors for a small skit involving a director who  forces himself on a newcomer, didn't realise that the male actors name was Nitin Bhandarkar and girl was called Preeta Jain.

He realised this co-incidence only when he held the mike and started giving instructions on the micro-phone saying, "Arre Bhandarkar, Ms Jain ko aise nahin, waise pakad." And what followed was a hilarious situation wherein everyone present on the sets started laughing.

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 14 September 2006 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Anatomy of a name change
Swetta Keswani, TV actor

Known to be superstitious, Swetta recently changed the spelling of her name, for no apparent reason at all.

"In certain situations or even relationships, when you make a Herculean effort to make things work, and the other party can't seem to be bothered, what else can you put it down to?" she asks.

Karma Cola: "Swetta says that she has seen relationships
fizzle out even when those involved care deeply about each other. This can only be put down to "past karma". "They weren't meant to be, for whatever reason," she says. A firm believer in karma, she says that though the idea of good deeds being rewarded and bad deeds being punished has firm roots in her mind, they don't always propel her to act a particular way. "I don't allow my faith in pre-ordained destiny make me lazy. You can't take such a benign concept and turn it into an excuse for laziness."

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 20 September 2006 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

Disguises fill Johny's bag

Johny Lever is finally getting his act together in 'Johny Aala Re' (Zee).

Recently, while on a tour to the US, he kept getting umpteen requests to don his many disguises. He now carries 8 suitcases full of disguises for any request that may come up. He has done take-offs on Vajpayee, Lallu, Karan Johar, Salman, Asha Bhonsle and Michael Jackson, amongst many others in the first season.

A new set, compere and writers are expected in the second season.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1054186

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 7:46pm | IP Logged

Johny Aala Re Celebrates Full 50 Episodes
<>document.write('Faridoon Shahryar, ') Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, September 28, 2006]

The Master Blaster of comedy and humor, Johny Lever is all set to celebrate Johny All Re's golden jubilee episode this week! Yes the entertainer has accomplished 50 mind blowing episodes filled with hilarious gags along with flashes of his personality unknown to his fans, and donning many disguises with ease.

The opening spell saw 'Johny Aala Re produced by Sheeba Akashdeep under her banner Cinetek Productions, have a record breaking opening with 3.3TRP rating on the 10pm slot in the history of Indian Television. Johny burst open with a rib tickling impersonation of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, which soon established his domination of television comedy.

Soon after followed the famous get-up of Asha Bhosle, which had his audiences rolling in the aisles. There was no stopping him there onwards. Johny kept his viewers in splits with gags on Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly, the Late Comedy Master Mehmood (whom Johny regards as his Guru), Veerapan, Himesh Reshammiya and hosts of other former greats such as Ashok Kumar and Om Prakash.

Johny has carried his fine form from films to television and the future is promising with new gags and spoofs on well known stars like Late Amrish Puri, musical genius Kishore Kumar and veteran actor Sanjeev Kumar. Other celebrities need not rest easy that they have been spared; it might be their turn to be bowled out soon!

Johny Aala re is not just a success here but abroad too, where he recently got mobbed and was begged by fans to do more of his impersonations. Well, fans can rest happy, there's more to come from Johny after the golden jubilee!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/25677.html

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 08 October 2006 at 7:20am | IP Logged

While the rest of Zee's new shows seem to be heading in the right direction, the only mis-timed one appears to be Johny Ala Re. With so much original rib-tickling stuff available just a hop across at Star One's The Great Indian Laughter Challenge that culminated last Friday, Johny's often tired humour may not raise the requisite laughs. TGILC (again, another original format) lived up to its standard even in its second season, breaking the jinx that accompanies many sequels on Indian TV. With its champions now gearing to host their own show from next week and permeating The Great Indian Comedy Show as well, Star One might just be the one to laugh all the way to the bank.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/boxpopuli/y2k6/oct/b oxpopuli22.htm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 20 October 2006 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
   Saturday, October 21, 2006

By Sneha Hazarika and Alok Hisaria

It was being predicted by the mathematicians that the virus Y2K would affect our computers with the dawn of the millennium year 2000. Their predictions may have gone wrong in the case of the computers. But our television sets are surely affected with the virus of the K serials which is still imbibed deeply into the world of Indian television.

Every other serial starts with the alphabet 'K' be it Kyunki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kasauti Zindagi kay etc from the Balaaji stable and even non-Balaji serials like Kumkum, Kabhie To Nazar Milao and the recent Kaajjal . An extra letter here and there is the order of the day.  "Numerology is a 5000 year old science, which was was used for the first time in Rakesh Roshan's film Kaho Na Pyaar Hai , which was a huge success at the box office in early 2000. Rakesh (Roshan) later introduced us to Ekta (Kapoor) and the rest is history," says famed numerologist Sanjay B Jumaani.

In fact Sanjay Jumani's predictions are said to be have played a major role in the success of the production company. Today he is a key name in the television industry. More then half of the industry name their serials only after consulting him. But not every serial has the same success ratio.  "Nothing in the world can give you 100 per cent success. We never misguide our clients. Numerology acts as a catalyst. It makes you feel positive and betters your success. Ultimately it's a blend of hard work and good fortune that counts the most," explains Jumaani junior.

Ekta Kapoor's faith still runs deep. She also consults her good friend astrologer Sunita Menon. Recently it was reported that owing to some of their serials not faring well, Balaji made the new rule of matching the kundalis of its actors and employees with that of Ekta Kapoor. Though she vehemently denied all rumours, such news can only be associated with hardcore astrology- numerology fanatic Ekta Kapoor.

Munisha Khatwani, actress and a tarot card reader herself also believes in numerology. She changed her name from Monisha to Munisha after consulting Sanjay B Jumaani. "It has surely affected every aspect of my life in a positive way," comments Munisha. Has tarot reading also become popular with time? "The predictions made with the use of tarot cards are coming true and that's what bringing it into the limelight," replies Munisha. Television stars like Mukul Dev, Rageshwari, Rajeev Paul and many others are part of her  clientele list.

Another actress Aditi Shirwaikar has also changed her named to Addite Shirwakar. "I was suffering from a lot of health problems. This was the reason I consulted a numerologist. The help I got has not only improved my health but has also enhanced my career graph," says Addite  Dheeraj Kumar, veteran producer, decided upon a special telecast for his new show Ghar Ki Laxmi —Betiyann according to numerology. "According to numerology 3-6-9 is a lucky combination for me.

The channel had given me a telecast date of September 25, which adds up to 7 (2+5). I requested the channel to air a special telecast of my new soap on September 24 that adds up to 6 (2+4) which is my lucky number. Numerology does work in your favour," comments Dheeraj.  Looks like the celestial stars continue to rule the lives of our TV actors.

(Sampurn)

Vivaah being a Sooraj Barjatya film, your expectation must be very high!
Yes it is a very big film for me because his films like Maine Pyaar Kiya and Hum Aapke hain Kaun have carved a very special place in the hearts of the Indian audiences. 

It looks like another family film. Will it bring back the glory of Hum Aapke Hai Kaun ?
Vivaah is not going to be like Hum Aapke Hai Kaun as that film had elaborate wedding ceremonies, mehndi, sangeet, etc. Vivaah is actually the journey from engagement to marriage, which is the best phase in any couple's life. 

Let's talk about your make-up and costumes in the film. Did you add any inputs?
I had Anna Singh to do the costumes for me and she is a very senior designer. She has designed for all  the top actresses. I have blind faith in her. She has given me a very nice look. 

What about the extravagant sets, songs and dances?
No. People should not watch the film expecting to see another Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, because Vivaah is a very different film.

How was it working with Sooraj ji?
Sooraj ji has really taught me so much, both about acting and about life. 

What are the other projects you are working on?
I'm going to do a film with E. Nivas very soon, the guy who had directed Shool. The shoot is going to start in November.

(Sampurn)

Snippets

Manoj Bidwai created quite a stir recently when it was reported that he was sacked by Balaji Telefilms after Ekta Kapoor found out that his kundali didn't match hers making him ineligible to work with her. Manoj however is keen to let the world know his side of the story. He would rather prefer to work hard and be recognised for his acting rather than be talked about for his so called war with Ekta Kapoor. He vehemently denies all the talk.
"There's no truth in it. Nobody from Balaji has ever asked for my kundali. All these rumors are just created by the media," he says.

Then what was the reason behind his sudden exit from Kyun Ki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi ? "They wanted me to play the negative role (of Abir). But my good looks became a deterrent and I couldn't play a convincing villain. From any angle, I wasn't looking like a villain," he clarifies.

But didn't Balaji check this before selecting him. "They surely may have considered the idea. Their make-up man tried hard to make me look like a villain, but failed," he answers .  But things took a serious turn when Ekta lashed back by saying that she doesn't need to ask for the kundali of a character actor, when she has never asked Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar or other lead actors for theirs.

Won't this be a setback? "I, as an actor obviously feel bad about such a comment. She must have read the papers and felt that I must have made those comments. I think she has just reciprocated to the reports the media blew out of proportion. I hope the misunderstanding is cleared very soon," he says hoping for the best.

He wishes that the episode won't affect his career in a negative way. "I sincerely think it doesn't affect me in any way," he says positively. He even doesn't rule out the possibility of working with Balaji again.  "Definitely. Why not? I know my heart is clear and I haven't made any comments about Ekta (Kapoor). No actor would ever say no to a Balaji serial. Ekta does full justice to each and every character in her serials," is all Manoj would say.
Manoj has his future strategies in place and seemed to have learnt his lesson.

"I will be more careful while talking to the media. They unnecessarily add things on their own without considering the after effects of bad rumours on a person's life. I just want to keep on working. I have done a South film with the production company Nimbus. Talks are going on for a Hindi film with director Subbu, who has also directed me in a pilot episode of Arranged Marriage . At present, I am shooting for a serial named Shaadi Street produced by Deepti Bhatnagar. It's going to be aired on Star. Talks are in progress for a serial with another production house also," he signs off. (Sampurn)

Rakhi Aali re!

Zee TV's comedy show Johny Aala Re is all set for a brand new anchor and it's in the form of comedy queen Rakhi Tandon in place of old hostess Swetta Keswani. Known best for the hilarious role of 'Sweetie' in Hum Paanch , Rakhi has started shooting on special sets for her anchor links, and she promises to add more laughs to the laugh riot.

"I have a lot of expectations from Johny as he's always been rocking. The TRPs are not bad. The show is doing pretty well. Besides hosting the show, I also have a lot of interaction with Johny. I'm a full-fledged part of the show," says an excited Rakhi.  However, the fact remains that Johny Ala Re hasn't done that well and hasn't lived up to the expectations. Maybe that's the reason why Rakhi has been roped in. In fact, the anchor she has replaced, Swetta Keswani had this to say, "I don't want to talk about it. I left it even before the show began. I have repeatedly said this."

Shwetta seems pretty miffed about the very topic of Johny Ala Re . Looks like her experience was quite bitter. It's been said Swetta wasn't very happy about the payments.
Now what Rakhi does to make the show special  is still one big question.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#' Nobody%20has%20ever%20asked%20for%20my%20Kundali'

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 20 October 2006 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

Rakhi Aali re!

Zee TV's comedy show Johny Aala Re is all set for a brand new anchor and it's in the form of comedy queen Rakhi Tandon in place of old hostess Swetta Keswani. Known best for the hilarious role of 'Sweetie' in Hum Paanch , Rakhi has started shooting on special sets for her anchor links, and she promises to add more laughs to the laugh riot.

"I have a lot of expectations from Johny as he's always been rocking. The TRPs are not bad. The show is doing pretty well. Besides hosting the show, I also have a lot of interaction with Johny. I'm a full-fledged part of the show," says an excited Rakhi.  However, the fact remains that Johny Ala Re hasn't done that well and hasn't lived up to the expectations. Maybe that's the reason why Rakhi has been roped in. In fact, the anchor she has replaced, Swetta Keswani had this to say, "I don't want to talk about it. I left it even before the show began. I have repeatedly said this."

Shwetta seems pretty miffed about the very topic of Johny Ala Re . Looks like her experience was quite bitter. It's been said Swetta wasn't very happy about the payments.
Now what Rakhi does to make the show special  is still one big question.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#' Nobody%20has%20ever%20asked%20for%20my%20Kundali'

Post Reply New Post

Go to top