nj.123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

VALENTINES DAY

We're all a little weird.  And life is a little weird.  And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love

I stuck my hand into my messy locker trying desperately find some spare change when my hands stilled as I noticed a tiny sticky note stuck carefully within.

'You look beautiful today in white' :)

I looked down at the white dress and smiled, I got it as a present from my mom and I fell in love with it as soon as I laid my eyes on it but getting a note so secretively was a little weird. 
I frowned and scratched my eyebrow thinking who could this secret admirer be. It was Valentines day and people were up to all kinds of weirdness and this right here could be a prank I thought to myself and walked to the cafeteria, I was a little excited over this tiny game I have to admit.

I grabbed a sandwich and walked to where Arnav was sitting. 'You know the weirdest thing just happened to me' I said and plopped down on the chair noisily. He looked up from the notes he was reading and frowned 'Khush we have to submit our research to Mr Sharma by the end of the day, so will you kindly shut up and work', 'Its almost done Arnav and why are you going over each detail, the work is done just submit it, there's no need to be an annoying Mr Perfect' I said angrily and bit into my sandwich. There was an angry silence for about two minutes after which he finally chose to speak 'Fine I'm sorry, I can definitely spare a second, what were you saying earlier?' he asked and looked at me with those chocolate brown eyes, in my head I sighed and wondered how he would react to my crazy obsession with his eyes,then I chose to chuck the topic out of my  muddled mind, this is my best friend we are  talking about and this is the real world not KKHH 2 I reminded myself. 

I smiled widely and him and said 'Guess who's got a secret admirer?' , I pulled out the sticky note and showed it to him. 'Who do you think it is?' I whispered while he shrugged and observed it carefully. Then he finally came up with an answer 'I think its Vivek, he's the one who draws smiley faces even on his answer sheets'. I scrunched my nose and frowned, Vivek was a big nasty flirt and this sweet line could definitely not be his, 'Your just saying that to annoy me, that bully would never draw smileys, you know I don't like him' I said angrily and took the sticky note back.

I chewed my bottom lip and wondered who it could be when Arnav snapped his fingers and said 'Can we get back to work now, lets solve your little mystery later'  he said. 'Fine' I muttered and pulled out the neatly arranged notes for proof reading.

2 hours later

'Who could it be?' I muttered to myself and walked to my locker thinking I'll find a clue again. I opened it and found myself staring at a big box full of Lindt milk chocolates with a note on top.

'I know you're wondering who I am, don't trouble yourself you'll soon find out.
For now find eat a chocolate and erase that frown, keep on the smile and you'll soon find me'.
-Someone who finds you special 

I felt all warm and snugly suddenly, whoever this person is he sure knows how to please a girl. I munched on the chocolates and smiled, Valentines day was not so crappy after all.

'Have you been hogging chocolates?' Arnav asked me in library, I frowned and wondered if it was him but before I could complete that thought he pulled out a tissue and wiped my chin. 'You eat like a two year old when it comes to chocolates' he smiled and rubbed my chin while I suddenly found it hard to breathe with him so close, I could even count his eyelashes right now. I took a deep breath in and pulled away abruptly, the sudden rush of blood to my cheeks and the hammering of my heart scared me a little. So I masked it all by enthusiastically telling him what I found in my locker while he simply smiled and mouthed out 'Vivek', I slapped his arm and said 'It is definitely not that jerk so shut up!' I said and turned away mock angrily. He  slowly pried my fingers away from the book forcing me to look up again, 'Sorry' he whispered with a stupid smile and went on to talk about the changes we had to make in the project.

I knew there would be something in my locker so I walked up to it eagerly. I know I should be freaked out that someone figured out the code but well I was liking this tiny game way too much. There was neatly written note again 

'If all this made you smile
make your way to the Flower Garden at nine
Where by the roses and the lilies you will be my valentine'

I read the note and smiled. Flower Garden was THE most beautiful place and I was overwhelmed reading all these tender sweet messages. Of course I knew it was safe, Flower Garden was the city's most safe and peaceful place and the venue cleared all my doubts about this being some weird psychopath. 

I slung my bag carelessly over my shoulder and rushed out through the college grounds and made my way to the soccer court where Arnav would be practicing. I climbed down the stairs and waited for practice to get over. I silently watched as he navigated through the field skillfully, his hair falling over his forehead and the smirk that finally appeared when he sent the ball flying towards goal. I wondered how things would be like if Arnav was not my best friend, if he was just some guy I wouldn't have thought twice about telling him about the slight fluttering in my heart whenever I stared into his eyes, but this was Arnav, someone who was always there for me since we joined nursery together and became friends after fighting over a pile of mud that was supposed to be made into sand castles just because he called Tommy a stupid dog. We had to shake hands and hug after flinging wet mud at each other and since then we became inseparable. Maybe that's why I can't find it in me to just risk it all, I have something really precious to protect and I'm not going to lose it over a little infatuation, or was it just that?

I was sure of one thing, if Arnav was not my best friend I probably wouldn't be hunting for Mr Secret Admirer right now. I shrugged the thought of and smiled at him as he ran over to where I was standing. 'Ewww your sweaty' I said and scrunched up my nose, he simply smirked and quirked his eyebrow asking me to blurt out whatever I came to say. I showed him the note and smiled, he looked up at me and said 'So Gupta you are finally going on your first date' he smiled and hugged me while I struggled beneath his strong hold and muttered 'You purposely did that to get your sweat all over me right' .While he simply laughed aloud.

9:00 pm

I walked along the brightly lit lanes of the park as the wind gently swayed with the red dress I was wearing, I watched as people walked hand in hand, some chewing candy floss and giggling over stupid jokes, I was surprisingly finding what I once considered nauseating all gentle and lovely. I made my way to my favorite place near the pond where the little dew white lilies grew intermingled with the bright red roses in the corner, that's where he had asked me to meet him. In the gazebo near the pool I noticed candles, I realized that's the place and walked up with a bright smile, my heart beating a little harder with all the anticipation. I entered slowly and watched tiny flickering candles everywhere, surprisingly nobody was there.I walked up to the little table in the middle and picked up the wrapped package with 'To Khushi' written on top

I fingered the wrapping and slowly tore it open. My heart started beating a thousand times louder when I saw the gift, I knew who it was.

I looked at the hardcover copy of 'A Walk To Remember' with moist eyes.It was the first book that turned me into a romantic with endless dreams.  I borrowed the novel from Naina in eight grade and after that Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan became a daily topic with everyone I knew, especially Arnav who would sit and listen to me endlessly gushing about how beautiful the book was, he once even fell asleep on the other side of the phone while I kept talking till 2 am in the morning, it was the first book that turned me into a romantic and since then Arnav has had to listen to detailed descriptions of every novel I read.

I opened the note placed on top

'You must have figured out the whole mystery by now. You must be wondering why all the gestures, chocolates and notes when I could have just come up to you and told you about how I feel. 
Its because you are special Khushi and I knew that the day you flung mud at me for calling Tommy a stupid dog. 
I knew what I felt for you was more when I found myself smiling at how you widen your eyes when you talk about all those novels, you became a special part of my life when you hugged me close while I cried all night after Nani passed away. Khush life would be empty without you.
This is just my little way of bringing all those dreams you have hidden behind your eyes alive.
So Khush  always smile, my life would be incomplete without it.' 

I closed the note and soon found myself enveloped in warm arms, it was him. He slowly turned me around and looked into my eyes with a smile. I noticed how he had changed into a black suit, his hair falling over his forehead a little and his eyes filled with so much warmth. 'Surprised?' he whispered and pulled me close into a hug while I simply nodded slowly with my head buried in his chest, words absolutely failing me right now. He held my chin gently and made me look up into his eyes. He caressed my cheek and whispered softly 'I have fallen in love with you Khushi', I stared back at him,my eyes slowly filling with tears and my lips lifting in a sweet smile. He wiped away the tears and bent down and placed a soft kiss on my cheek, his lips lingering over them and sending tingles down my spine.

I lifted his face and gently held it in my palms, I then finally told him what I wanted to all along 'I love you too' I said smiled back at him. He laughed softly with joy and lifted me up. He gently placed me on his feet and he slowly bent his head and as I drowned in those dark brown eyes he gently touched his lips to mine. I closed my eyes at the first touch, my heart thundering in my chest as his lips moved so softly over mine. I placed my hand on his chest, his heart was beating loudly too. He pecked my lips one last time before resting his cheek against mine, I could feel his stubble brushing against my cheek I lifted my hand to caress his face while he whispered into my hair 'Happy Valentines day Khush'.

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.  

This did not turn out how I wanted it to but I posted it anyway. Please do tell me what you think of it.😊

Edited by nj.123 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
res

edited -

Wow! That made me feel the same way as I did when I read "A walk to remember' for the first time...tingly all over at the pure, innocent love...

Loved your version of Arnav!
Edited by Appurs - 11 years ago
aycma98 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
res

edited--

awee... this was such a cute, romantic story... my hands were literally shaking while reading this... A walk to remember brings back so many memories.. that's my favorite book of all times... you've given justice to this sweet valentines day romance! :) loved it =)

Dear cupid, can i get someone like Arnav, gift wrapped for my valentines day gift? ;)
Edited by aycma98 - 11 years ago
..Enchantress.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
That was awesome and really sweet
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
very cute one - loved it
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
After long I read an OS that made me fall in love with it.. Absolutely charming.. Loved it.. Thank you.. 
sheanuzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
amazing!! Please continue!😊
ara_000 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely...!
Actually its sooo sweet...a guy should alwaz think lyk dis to make d love of his lyf feel special...i jst love arnav here...he is such aperfct boyfrnd...nd his style to propose his khushi is simply cute...
Loved the OS...truly awsum
Phoenixrises thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was absolutely beautiful. You're a fantastic writer. I'm not much of a romantic, but this was a really sweet story. Keep up the good work. :D
Sana16 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
OMG...!!!!!!      
You seriously have no idea how it turned out to us...!! 
This is like a fairy tale...every girls dream...!! Your OS have every element of a perfect 'KJo' story
A cute bubbly girl, A handsome understanding guy, A lovely perpetual friendship, their eternal love, a truly stupendous proposal/confession. Haiiiyyyeee...😳 Purane ehsaas jagadiye tumne...!! 😳 😳 
You know, today when I logged into IF, I was feeling sooo guilty that I'm reading OSs & FFs, iss ke bavjoot ke kal mera exam hai aur maine abhi tak book kholi bhi nahi hai! But after reading this, I feel proud of my self ke I didn't miss this great piece of literature...!! 😉 Hats off to you for creating this...👏

P.S. Give me the link to your Index...!